Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Drowning Rabbit
Oct 28, 2003

YAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAY!

The Kingfish posted:

Hope I'm not coming across as too negative but that's about the stupidest thing I've ever heard.

Honestly, I would rather that solution than this:

Benach posted:

... Splitscreen may have worked, though it's hard to tell how well (I personally don't like splitscreen in fighting/mecha games.)
Still sucks.

Split screen in TYOOL 2016 shouldn't be much of a problem with the size TV's we have now, but it's still a archaic solution. :( Hyrule Warriors did a similar solution when using 2 players and I think it worked fine there too.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Drowning Rabbit
Oct 28, 2003

YAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAY!

Cat Machine posted:

There are people playing online right now and it all works really well which feels goooooood after a month of suffering Street Fighter V

:aaa::aaa: they even have rematch/go to character select as options after the match :aaa: :aaa:

These options aren't a thing in SF V? :(

Drowning Rabbit
Oct 28, 2003

YAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAY!

Waterfall of Salt posted:

That was the senior division, but yeah that was really touching, even if I wanted the Sceptile to win :3:

EDIT: Game's out in Europe!

The kid who lost to him DID NOT take it well.

I didn't see anything before the first link in the thread, so I just saw the trainers battling it out and on from there.

Drowning Rabbit
Oct 28, 2003

YAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAY!

Eleeleth posted:

I picked this up, went online, and remembered why I don't play fighting games anymore. The single player is really fun at least!

I was the same way, trying to make Blaziken work. Need up with about 30% win rate, really getting frustrated. Switched to Pika Libre this afternoon and holy poo poo having a lot more fun. I was against her addition at first due to Hawlucha being a better lunch adore, but that doesn't make her less fun.

Drowning Rabbit
Oct 28, 2003

YAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAY!

absolutely anything posted:

I made a video about the thing because I like to make videos about things

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EY3Jr1T1CBw

Thanks for this. It's interesting tech in a small enough chunk that makes sense to me. Instead of a ridiculously long string of "Just do this" that combos and explanations are most of the time. I still won't touch Gengar online for a while, but it's interesting for local matches.

Drowning Rabbit
Oct 28, 2003

YAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAY!

"IronicDongz" posted:

a much better chat program than skype

Don't you mean the flavor of the month chat program? It was slack before that.

Drowning Rabbit
Oct 28, 2003

YAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAY!

Xad posted:

Discord is literally a build of slack with voice chat and game-related features.

Ah good to know. I'm just used to the wave of everyone wanting to use HipChat, then Slack, then this. It gets tiring.

What are we supposed to be noticing?

Drowning Rabbit
Oct 28, 2003

YAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAY!

Broseph Brostar posted:

Doesn't it sound similar to a certain popular song?

Do you really believe this was going to work. Captain obvious strikes again. I obviously don't know what song it is riffing off the top of my head, hence the question.

Drowning Rabbit
Oct 28, 2003

YAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAY!

Emalde posted:

It's ~A Thing~ that youtuber does, honestly it's kind of aggravating b/c it pollutes the youtube searches for the particular songs he does it to, so if you don't already know that it's a gag account you get some weird bullshit instead :v:

Thanks bud. Makes more sense now.

Drowning Rabbit
Oct 28, 2003

YAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAY!

Evil Canadian posted:

I do have a pro controller, however I do not have a second wii U. Playing with 1 wii U and someone playing with the frame rate cut in half at a lower resolution while looking at the tablet isn't too appealing. A drat shame because this seems like a fun little casual fighter I could actually get a lot of people interested in locally.

Don't blow it out of proportion, if you haven't tried it yourself don't pa dear to the minority that is screaming over bullet points. I just played it on one wii u doing local battles all day yesterday with 0 issues.

Drowning Rabbit
Oct 28, 2003

YAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAY!
On topic of bullshit stuff that I'm unsure of how to counter, I play Pikachu Libre, and have a BITCH of a time with Charizard. Is it his counter that matches his flaming dash forward in Smash? I cannot seem to grab through it, and doing anything but blocking seems to just get me punished HARD. :(

I had a guy do nothing but spam the poo poo out of that for an easy win and I couldn't figure out a good way around it in the middle of the battle.

On that topic, I didn't have time to check and I'm now at work, but can I set up the training to have a training dummy Charizard to just do this over and over? I guess it would also be nice to check how to deal with that Weavile move too!

Drowning Rabbit
Oct 28, 2003

YAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAY!

SilverSupernova posted:

Every time I lose matches in online mode, Nia keeps congratulating me and telling me how her advice must really be helping me.

I turned her voice acting to Japanese just so I wouldn't understand her bullshit.

it turned from "Wow you were turned into a punching bag" followed by "Wow you're learning so much!"

to a bunch of moon speak I can't understand, and I just don't read the advice anymore. I am much less annoyed by losing now.

Drowning Rabbit
Oct 28, 2003

YAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAY!

Sade posted:

Why don't you just turn advice off completely?

This exactly
VVV

Xad posted:

For some reason, even if you do she still says stuff between rounds/after matches. I have no idea why.

You can apparently turn all voices off, but that also turns off pokemon sounds as well.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Drowning Rabbit
Oct 28, 2003

YAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAY!

Rich Uncle Chet posted:

The file leak also mentioned Empoleon, I hope his reveal shows him to be some sort of Arrogant Dr.Doom in MVC3 style fighter.

Any word on when/if this is coming to the Home Version?

None, just like Darkrai :(

• Locked thread