Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Android Blues

hello everybody! what i'd like to do, in order to make sure that the people around me have a wonderful time, is to do what i call a sort of contest. in this contest, you'd try to do things - but better than each other, so that some of you do really good things, and then get to be rewarded. I call it a contest because it's a sort of "test" and it's also a sort of trick ("con") in order to hoodwink you into producing free labour. i'm pretty sure the word is gonna catch on! i got the idea from how the world treats poets!

anyway, in this false test, the idea will be to create threads, like we all love to do here in byob. "that's all?" you say, writing up an epic new concept as we speak, sweat barely rippling across your muscular brow, "android blues, i could do that in my sleep. in fact, that's how i prefer to do it - it's that easy!" i nod respectfully at you and tell you that, no, there's more.

i'm not lying! i said that because there is more.

if you want to make a thread, and reap the prizes and glory resultant of making a really good thread, you'll have to do it under the rubric of some key words and phrases, custom made to your specification (generated in whatever way i think is funniest). these could be topics, ideas, feelings, etc. whatever they are, that's what the thread you make has to be about! at the end of each week, we'll all vote, and the best and funniest thread for that week, as well as the first runner-up, will receive prizes. (av certs! steam gifts! i'll draw you things!)

if you would like to become an entrant into my liar's charade, simply post in this thread, and i will haul this beautiful beast out of storage:

the churning machine you see here before you was once used to come up with numbers, but now, it's been repurposed for words and phrases. one post gets you one phrase! for more words, simply indicate that you would like to continue to wrestle with the one armed bandit and fondle its creaking joints. there's no additional prize for voluntarily taking more words upon yourself, but i suspect the posters of BYOB will respect your moxie and relate to your moth-like determination for self-destruction.

y'all, i am so ready for you to make some great threads. i know you can do it, and with the word machine's help, you will. are you ready to trust fall backwards into the cold, mechanical arms of a screen that says funny words? trick question: i know you're here posting on BYOB, so you already did that, but look! it's a screen within a screen! isn't that just grand?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

alnilam

I don't know what words are but i know i want some

bog pixie

im in

Pot Smoke Phoenix

Smoke 'em if you gottem!
Word 'em up!

https://i.imgur.com/QKTkerO.mp4
Sig elements by Manifisto and Heather Papps
Sig File protected by SigLock. do NOT steal this sig!

City of Glompton

hello

alnilam

hi :)

MrWillsauce

give it to me

Android Blues

alnilam posted:

I don't know what words are but i know i want some

the word machine clanks and stutters. it's been a while since it was in use. i have to feed it a dictionary and a rhyming dictionary before it will co-operate at all. it devours them with its metal claws and i turn the dial to a gentle 2:

Splatmaster posted:

Word 'em up!

MrWillsauce posted:

give it to me

phew! it's getting hot in here. the word machine gives off a lot of heat. still, it's ready to churn out more words if any of you would like a spicier pot!

Ace of Baes
Ok

Yobgoblin

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
im in too, please give me some words!

----------------
This thread brought to you by a tremendous dickhead!

Android Blues

clank. brr. whiz. i swat frantically at the word machine with my long grabbing stick, fearful of its throes:

Yobgoblin posted:

im in too, please give me some words!

super mario batali

Dice-a the Mushroom
Words PLS

free Trapt CD

*~:coffeepal:~*
I've got plenty of java
and Chesterfield Kings

*~:h:~*
i'm stepping up to the plate, ready to tango.

~sig~

Saint Isaias Boner

hi how are you

i could use some words!

hi how are you ♥

the unabonger
im not normally ood at making threads, but ill ive it a go

google THIS

finally we've automated the byob formula. throw some words at me

google THIS

this is just no loving fair

Android Blues

google THIS posted:

this is just no loving fair

it's a toughie, but yobgoblin can always choose to double up and see if it turns into something a bit more useful...

what i'm saying is that, if in doubt, you should gamble wildly with your thread until you're left with a concept chimera

City of Glompton

thank you ab, I will make my thread when I get home. :)

MrWillsauce

yeah give me more words please. I can't think of anything funny. I mean, I doubt I will be able to with more words, but it can't get worse so :shrug:

Yobgoblin

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Android Blues posted:

it's a toughie, but yobgoblin can always choose to double up and see if it turns into something a bit more useful...

what i'm saying is that, if in doubt, you should gamble wildly with your thread until you're left with a concept chimera

About to toss my idea based on those words that I've spent literally 2 hours on. The idea I'm talking about is a movie in screenplay format.

----------------
This thread brought to you by a tremendous dickhead!

google THIS

Android Blues posted:

that was meant to be more of an "aw man, he has the word 'weed' so he's a shoe-in" joke

Android Blues

google THIS posted:

that was meant to be more of an "aw man, he has the word 'weed' so he's a shoe-in" joke

oh no, i never even thought! you're right, that is an unfair advantage

Yobgoblin posted:

About to toss my idea based on those words that I've spent literally 2 hours on. The idea I'm talking about is a movie in screenplay format.

let me know if i should fire up the word machine again! it usually gets pretty angry when i ask it to switch from one set of words to the next, so this'll be a nice change

Piso Mojado

word me

Android Blues

the word machine begins to clunk and hooft. it hasn't seen this much action in years!

Heartbroken 2Twice posted:

i'm stepping up to the plate, ready to tango.

Saint Isaias Boner posted:

i could use some words!

i flunked out posted:

im not normally ood at making threads, but ill ive it a go

google THIS posted:

finally we've automated the byob formula. throw some words at me

MrWillsauce posted:

yeah give me more words please. I can't think of anything funny. I mean, I doubt I will be able to with more words, but it can't get worse so :shrug:

phew! i'm going to have to install a water cooling system...

misty mountaintop

by Hand Knit
I'll try this.

super mario batali

Dice-a the Mushroom

Does mine say Handsome?

Somebody fucked around with this message at 01:42 on Mar 16, 2016

Android Blues

it does! just mind the hessian, there

google THIS

that's a good spam email subject line but I don't think it'll make a good thread. could I get a reroll?

Android Blues

a taste for the ominous, here

google THIS posted:

that's a good spam email subject line but I don't think it'll make a good thread. could I get a reroll?

i'm afraid it's double or nothing, google this!

if anyone's struggling with their title, remember that you don't have to use the exact words! you can take the concepts expressed, remix them, and produce something along those lines. just so long as you're "on theme" to what the word machine gave you, it's all good :)

devil

prompt me

dumb crambo
Probation
Can't post for 3 years!
hit me

Android Blues

devil posted:

prompt me

suddenly those mechanical spider legs are starting to look a lot more ominous

google THIS

I don't read good