Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Saint Isaias Boner

hi how are you

noted phantoms, please

hi how are you ♥

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

alnilam

Dibs on the narrator ascends

guns for tits

I call "the lunar child of state."

free Trapt CD

*~:coffeepal:~*
I've got plenty of java
and Chesterfield Kings

*~:h:~*
well, I'd quite like to have a run at 'mournal sugarplumper'.

Quidthulhu

Stand down, men! It's only smooching!

i'll take "a world and pachyderm"

breakfast dorito

doritos form part of a healthy breakfast (in theory) and should not be used as a primary source of nutrition (you don't tell me how to live)

Tusen Takk posted:

dibs on the Empire of Madden

this had better turn out to be a moonbase alpha thread, TT

FAT32 SHAMER

Breakfast Dorito posted:

this had better turn out to be a moonbase alpha thread, TT

it's going to be really good

like, a novel

I'm going to win the byob version of a Pulitzer Prize

MrWillsauce

it's called the Purritzer Prize, after our greatest literary figure the hammock kitty

Android Blues

i lazily scroll the word machine's hi-tech display to the next portion. this, i think, is the life

wait, what?

um, okay. i'll check through the manual for this but in the meantime...don't pick that one, okay?

Android Blues

loving these threads so far! now would be a good time to mention that if anyone got words they liked last week, but never had the chance to use them, they're totally fair game for this week too. let your imagination run wild!

guns for tits

My thread wasn't gassed this time, so that's a good sign. :unsmith:

FAT32 SHAMER

oh poo poo!!! I have mine written in a notepad but I forgot to post it

Yobgoblin

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
I'll try my best with "moon drinking cat" if the OP allows it.

----------------
This thread brought to you by a tremendous dickhead!

Android Blues

but ofc

Urodov

just to clarify, 'cause it's been a while since my Words were issued
https://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3770744

Ãèáåëü â ìîðñêîé âîëíå,                                                                                                спасибо, Слагнойд-кун!
èëè ñâîáîäó

Android Blues

really loving all these threads. the herd's a little smaller than last time, but their meat is taut and marbled! yeah!

Android Blues

(by which i mean, the threads are good. thank you)

MrWillsauce

my meat is taut and marbled

putting that on my online dating profile

alnilam

MrWillsauce posted:

my meat is taut and marbled

putting that on my online dating profile

I'd swipe right

e: is right the good direction? :corsair:

FAT32 SHAMER

I'm posting mine when I get home!! I promise!!

FAT32 SHAMER

Tusen Takk posted:

I'm posting mine when I get home!! I promise!!

OKAY I DID IT

FAT32 SHAMER fucked around with this message at 00:34 on Apr 4, 2016

zidane13

by Smythe
i'm gonna be transient, where? to infinity. if you'll let me.

----------------
This thread brought to you by a tremendous dickhead!

guns for tits

I have a feeling that this will end up being a pretty close call. These are really good threads!

alnilam

:agreed:

Android Blues

sorry for the delay friendos! i hit a busy week. i'ma get the votes up tonight, so if anyone has a last-minute submission, now would be the time!

Yobgoblin

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
My thread won't be ready until tonight. Sorry, Android Blues.

Android Blues

alright friends! just out of curiosity, i peeked at page 3 of the choice mode screen, and let's just say that after what i saw i have to communicate this news using a speech to text program because my fingers are still seizing and convulsing from what the dials did when i frantically tried to shut the screen off. the word machine is in mothballs and being shipped away at first light to the fool who bought it from me on Weird Craigslist (it's a thing).

ahem. but that's all water under the bridge! what really matters is the contest! for this round, we'll be doing a round robin format, which i think will make things pretty fun. we'll be splitting the voting into a couple of stages, just to make it not so overwhelming - the first stage is coming up now! so, without further ado, our threads...

"mournal sugarplumper", Heartbroken 2Twice, mixed media. words as title

"a world and pachyderm", Quidnose, mixed media. words as title

"noted phantoms", Saint Isaias Boner, words with pictures. words as title!

"Despicable appendage", Urodov, verse. WRD: "you vermin, hand"

"The Empire of Madden", Tusen Takk, prose. words as title

"Those Awkward Teen Years: Advice For Adolescent Tubs and Their Owners", MrWillsauce, joke's. WRD: "tuberty"

"The Lunar Child of State", Doc Friday, verse. words as title

"the narrator ascends", alnilam, jokes'. words as title

each of these threads is a strong contender! each of them has got what it takes! there's maybe one of them that doesn't but i'm not going to say which one. why don't you decide...with your vote? or, in this round, votes.

stage one

"noted phantoms" vs. "Despicable appendage" - vote!

"The Empire of Madden" vs. "The Lunar Child of State" - vote!

"Despicable appendage" vs. "mournal sugarplumper" - vote!

"the narrator ascends" vs. "a world and pachyderm" - vote!

"Adolescent Tubs" vs. "The Lunar Child of State" - vote!

"a world and pachyderm" vs. "noted phantoms" - vote!

"mournal sugarplumper" vs. "The Lunar Child of State" - vote!

"Despicable appendage" vs. "a world and pachyderm" - vote!

"The Empire of Madden" vs. "Adolescent Tubs" - vote!

"noted phantoms" vs. "The Empire of Madden" - vote!

"a world and pachyderm" vs. "mournal sugarplumper" - vote!

"Adolescent Tubs" vs. "noted phantoms" - vote!

"the narrator ascends" vs. "The Lunar Child of State" - vote!

"The Empire of Madden" vs. "Despicable appendage" - vote!

"the narrator ascends" vs. "Adolescent Tubs" - vote!

free Trapt CD

*~:coffeepal:~*
I've got plenty of java
and Chesterfield Kings

*~:h:~*
I really love and admire the poetic sorta threads in this contest! I wish I could post like that.

Android Blues

the scores after stage one...

"mournal sugarplumper" 2-1

"a world and pachyderm" 0-4

"noted phantoms" 3-1

"Despicable appendage" 3-2

"The Empire of Madden" 0-4

"Those Awkward Teen Years: Advice For Adolescent Tubs and Their Owners" 1-2

"The Lunar Child of State" 4-1

"the narrator ascends" 3-1

alnilam

oh jeez i missed my chance to vote

Quidthulhu

my poor thread :(

FAT32 SHAMER

man I got owned hard

guns for tits

So what happens now?

MrWillsauce

so my thread got sixth place? drat, I was so close to stickers.

Quidthulhu

Doc Friday posted:

So what happens now?

that was it, great work everyone!

Android Blues

alright, you gentle doofuses, here's the link to stage 2 of the vote

i did it in google forms instead of a dozen straw polls because the absence of the word machine's malign influence is slowly clearing the fog of unwieldy methods of text generation from my brain. that's the reason the first things were in straw polls, and not at all because i was crazy and tired

go on and finalise this thing!

Android Blues

i did a full recount for the final scores, so the people who initially didn't make it to stage one in time, but chose to vote anyway out of a spirit of devilish whimsy and disrespect for the rules, got to have an impact anyway. hooray for taking the initiative!

"mournal sugarplumper" 5-2

"a world and pachyderm" 0-7

"noted phantoms" 7-0

"Despicable appendage" 3-4

"The Empire of Madden" 1-5

"Those Awkward Teen Years: Advice For Adolescent Tubs and Their Owners" 2-5

"The Lunar Child of State" 6-2

"the narrator ascends" 4-3

and, because i hecked up, here's one final vote for The Empire of Madden vs. the narrator ascends. but until then, here are our provisional placements...

1. in a flat sweep, noted phantoms takes it all!

2. surprising dark horse The Lunar Child of State finishes at a respectable second place!

3. coming in third, mournal sugarplumper stops just short of the silver. we're all very proud of it anyway!

4. the narrator ascends puts in a good showing, and stops at fourth. you can't win 'em all, alnilam!

5. one of my personal favourites, Despicable appendage makes the top five and squeaks into Sticker Tier. hooray!

6. a pretty good effort, and certainly not the worst thread here, Adolescent Tubs stops just outside the prize handout station. better luck next time, MrWillsauce!

7. a psychedelic concept that failed to connect with viewers, The Empire of Madden is the Motor City of this vote

8. "sad trumpet noise" for a world and pachyderm, the loosely coherent rocky/elephant man/byob mods mashup nobody asked for. but when you say it like that, it sounds so appealing!

saint isaias and Doc Friday, please let me know what you'd like for your prizes, and what kind of drawings you'd like as well! i will try to get all four drawings out in a big batch pretty soon, and then we can all have a big "looking at drawings" party, and shake each others' hands a lot. i'll love it!

congratulations to everyone who participated, and thank you for helping me exorcise this word devil on my back throughout this trying time. a just-for-fun extra activity is coming soon, but the contest proper is over, and i'm very proud of all of you for creating some great threads on the road to the vote!

guns for tits

Man, I'm really surprised that I got 2nd place. I'd like the $5 Av Cert, please. Thanks.

Saint Isaias Boner

hi how are you

That was unexpected, but i guess the Ghost Who Walks is a pretty cool guy to post about.

erm well I have enough video games probably but I would definitely be able to use the Av Certs (or one Av Cert and no ads if it's the same to you)

and the picture! something to do with skeletons if possible, maybe a cool skeleton king getting paid?

hi how are you ♥

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

guns for tits

Oh, and as for the picture, surprise me!

• Locked thread