Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

AnonymousNarcotics
Aug 6, 2012

we will go far into the sea
you will take me
onto your back
never look back
never look back
Is there any advice for asking for a significant raise when my contract comes up for review in 6 months or so?

I was hired in August 2018 for an entry level, newly created position on the IT Support team for a non-profit charter school network.

I said a number (jfc) because I didn't know any better. They accepted. Benefits are good. Then after about a month of working there, they determined this new position was actually hourly and not salaried. So at the hourly rate (same benefits) I'm actually making about 7k more (gross) but it still feels super low for IT. For my second years contract, everyone got a 3% raise.

I have a pretty strong feeling I'm not going to be offered a promotion (due to the structure of the team), but I love my job, my team, and my organization, and don't plan on leaving.

I want to go into this and prove I'm worth more than I'm being paid, but I'm not willing to walk away if they won't meet it.

Any advice?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

AnonymousNarcotics
Aug 6, 2012

we will go far into the sea
you will take me
onto your back
never look back
never look back
I am annoyed at myself for not pushing back on the offer I got for my promotion. But also I have no leverage because there's no way I'm leaving this organization. I'm very happy at my job and with my team and with my work, I just wish they had just accepted what I said I wanted for the position which was very reasonable and instead they offered me $100 per year less which just makes it feel like a power play (I asked for 100k, got offered 99,900 - COME ON)

But I started at this org in 2018 making 45k so I'm proud of my progress.