Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
alnilam

Lifting a heavy curtain of spanish moss, the swamp gambler beckons you into a hollow in a shrub. The smell of sulfur isn't quite so strong in here, you think, and you hear the squish - squorsh - squish of your feet fade away as you step from putrid mud to drier moss, very soft and pleasant underfoot.

"Take a seat," he says through his yellowed, toothy smile. "Take a seat. I'll make you a wager."

[Now we gamble to see who gets to write the next part of the story. The next 3 people to volunteer will be drawn from randomly by die roll.]

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Adiabatic

What have you assholes done now?
i volunteer as tribute

Android Blues

i want to see if i can please the swamp gambler

MrWillsauce

I sit down and try to think of what a three-sided die looks like

alnilam

MrWillsauce posted:

I sit down and try to think of what a three-sided die looks like

you roll a d6 and divide by 2

I actually used random.org and it rolled a 2 so Android Blues you're it! Maybe you'll be next, Adiabatic or MrWillsauce

Adiabatic

aww shucks

MrWillsauce

I hope the dice pick android blues every time

Android Blues

You heft yourself down on the moss. It's dry and spongy, kind of like bracken took a nap. The main issue is regarding your knees, which kinda have to rise up against your chest, since there isn't enough horizontal clearance to cross your legs and there sure isn't a chair in here. The swamp gambler's anatomy is all junked up, like a frog on reality holiday, so he doesn't have that problem - typical house, stacking the deck against the marks.

He makes a raspy little clicking sound and draws out what have to be knucklebones, you think, in a little pouch, spills them onto the table. "First things first," he says, "you came all this way to see me, and you know I don't play small dice...so what'd you bring to buy in with, kid?" He sounds pretty menacing, but you can't help but think that he's wrong, in that those knucklebones look really small, smaller than actual dice even. You probably don't learn about metaphors in swamps.

Android Blues

(i assume alnilam sets up the next gamble! i hope i didn't do it wrong...)

alnilam

We need 1 more volunteer

e: it's a collaborative story writing thing so there's no such thing as doing it wrong as long as it's fun and/or interesting and leaves things in a good spot for the next gambler

alnilam fucked around with this message at 20:44 on Mar 15, 2016

Pot Smoke Phoenix

Smoke 'em if you gottem!

MrWillsauce posted:

I hope the dice pick android blues every time

https://i.imgur.com/QKTkerO.mp4
Sig elements by Manifisto and Heather Papps
Sig File protected by SigLock. do NOT steal this sig!

alnilam

Too late, rolled a 1 on the ol knucklebones. Adiabatic, you're up, and you also get to roll for the next contributor! (each contributor pls roll for the next contributor when you're done, keep the old volunteers on the list who haven't gone yet and add the new ones)

Tell us what happens next in the small, sheltered bush

Adiabatic

alnilam posted:

Too late, rolled a 1 on the ol knucklebones. Adiabatic, you're up, and you also get to roll for the next contributor! (each contributor pls roll for the next contributor when you're done, keep the old volunteers on the list who haven't gone yet and add the new ones)

Tell us what happens next in the small, sheltered bush

oh poo poo i totally didn't realize i was still on the hook. okay hmm lemme see here

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Adiabatic

You carefully consider his request as you attempt to pierce the veil of his beady eyes. It's soon apparent that his motives elude you, and you po-po-po-poker face to buy time.

A bead of slime pools above what you consider to be his brow, attacking and absorbing lesser accumulation before beginning its sluggish descent down the creature's nose. Gaining speed, it lemmings mindlessly towards the prominent curl between his nostrils. A slight hesitation gives way to freefall, the blob joining its many brethren on the table before you.

Wait, what were you doing?

Oh, right. You slam the title and keys to your Toyota Camry SE onto the surface before you, temporarily disturbing the creature's prized slime collection.

"I only race for pinkslips, bro".

• Locked thread