Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
NickRoweFillea
Sep 27, 2012

doin thangs
I played 999 and liked it, and want to get through VLR before the third releases. Should I play it on the 3DS or on the Vita?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Fungah!
Apr 30, 2011

3ds hhas a game ending bug if you dont patch it so vita

mysterious loyall X
Jul 8, 2003

Fungah! posted:

3ds hhas a game ending bug if you dont patch it so vita

the patch is automatically d/l'd and it's really easy to avoid

Soral
May 30, 2009

the vita version looks nicer i think but the 3ds has very nice note taking

Fungah!
Apr 30, 2011

mysterious loyall X posted:

the patch is automatically d/l'd and it's really easy to avoid

yah but still vita doesnt have it at all. btu yeah if you g et it on 3ds op don't save during the puzzle sections and defnitely dont save in the PEC room

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

every room i save my game in is a pec room LOL don't forget to liek and subscribe folks.

mysterious loyall X
Jul 8, 2003

Fungah! posted:

yah but still vita doesnt have it at all. btu yeah if you g et it on 3ds op don't save during the puzzle sections and defnitely dont save in the PEC room

it's just in one room

mysterious loyall X
Jul 8, 2003

i guess if the OP is an idiot and has a vita than go for it. however, i am an intelligent human being :science:

Fungah!
Apr 30, 2011

it's just in one room

nnah people had save wipes in the c rew quarters nd some other rooms too. its just more likely in the pec room

NickRoweFillea
Sep 27, 2012

doin thangs

i guess if the OP is an idiot and has a vita than go for it. however, i am an intelligent human being :science:

i have a vita and a 3ds.

mysterious loyall X
Jul 8, 2003

Fungah! posted:

nnah people had save wipes in the c rew quarters nd some other rooms too. its just more likely in the pec room

worked on my machine :smugbird:

yeah actually they will
Aug 18, 2012
there's i think one part of vlr wher eyou need to have taken a note to memorize a passcode or something and the game doesn't let you open the in-game notes. But luckily the 3DS has an integrated, "game notes", feature - need i say more...?

yeah actually they will
Aug 18, 2012
also a trailer for the third one went up to-day
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=E8z9yogpeUA

yeah actually they will
Aug 18, 2012
Zero Time Dilemma seems to be ditching the visual novel trappings in favour of more cinematic style cutscenes so it might not be right to talk about it in a thread clearly marked [VN]

devtesla
Jan 2, 2012

Grimey Drawer
According to this, the watches this time inject a drug every 90 minutes that causes the characters to lose their memories. When you select scenes you won't know when they happen chronologically, and elements of the game are randomized so you can make the same choices twice and not get the same outcome. And everything's loving grim, holy poo poo!

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

Zero's most twisted game yet

mysterious loyall X
Jul 8, 2003

please add clobaa to this gmae the new one

yeah actually they will
Aug 18, 2012

i hope the opposite of this

Doctor Goat
Jan 22, 2005

Where does it hurt?
i wish 999 hadn't been so slow

it was really getting on my nerves before i really even got into it

corn on the cop
Oct 12, 2012

Break what must be broken, once for all, that's all, and take the suffering on oneself.

― Corey Dostoyevsky

Doctor Goat posted:

i loved it but ill be damned if fast-forwarding through that beginning sequence didn't get really loving old

yeah actually they will
Aug 18, 2012

Doctor Goat posted:

virtue's last reward's flow chart mechanic is so wonderful... i love it

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

Yea , I'm gonna wipe my vita save file and read through it sometime before the new game. I would revisit 999 but I'm remembering having a notepad file open with the specific prompts I needed to hit on my 4th playthrough and just spamming through all the text I've already seen...it would be hard to revisit. I remember the final puzzle being amazing though

mysterious loyall X
Jul 8, 2003

Doctor Goat posted:

it was really annoying especially when i was trying to get the true ending on my own. i used a walk thru to find the dialogue tree i was supposed to go to tho hehehe.

vlr let you skip to any point where a decision/story branch happened which was badass

mysterious loyall X
Jul 8, 2003

In Training posted:

Yea , I'm gonna wipe my vita save file and read through it sometime before the new game. I would revisit 999 but I'm remembering having a notepad file open with the specific prompts I needed to hit on my 4th playthrough and just spamming through all the text I've already seen...it would be hard to revisit. I remember the final puzzle being amazing though

it was sudoku with sad music

mysterious loyall X
Jul 8, 2003

getting the true ending isn't even that hard, it's basically two decisions. one of them is really obvious, the other one is burried in a conversation somewhere and it was really annoying because you had to pick the right path to get to it.

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

it was sudoku with sad music

Yeah but you had to flip the ds over. Incredible

mysterious loyall X
Jul 8, 2003

oh yeah

mysterious loyall X
Jul 8, 2003

i'm glad they stole ice-9 from kurt vonnegut's best book cat's cradle as a major plot point

Aston
Nov 19, 2007

Okay
Okay
Okay
Okay
Okay

Alice (all-ice)

SM64Guy
Apr 1, 2005

i ordered a copy of 999 to jump in

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

enjoy, they're my favorite VNs (I've played 2, ZE series and ace attorney)

Fungah!
Apr 30, 2011

ive had a copy of ever17 inst alled on my laptop since like 2009, ish ould play it at some point

mysterious loyall X
Jul 8, 2003

In Training posted:

enjoy, they're my favorite VNs (I've played 2, ZE series and ace attorney)

dungan roompa is good

mysterious loyall X
Jul 8, 2003

well, the 30 minutes i've played of it.

yeah actually they will
Aug 18, 2012

well, the 30 minutes i've played of it.

i can confirm that its good

Retarded_Clown_
Feb 18, 2012

clobaa fett

NickRoweFillea
Sep 27, 2012

doin thangs
I think the trailer for the new one dropped. I'm not going to watch it unless I can get a confirmation that it's spoiler free for VLR.

yeah actually they will
Aug 18, 2012

NickRoweFillea posted:

I think the trailer for the new one dropped. I'm not going to watch it unless I can get a confirmation that it's spoiler free for VLR.

there is one small spoiler for VLR in the trailer. if you scroll up, you can see it right here in this thread.

yeah actually they will
Aug 18, 2012
it's really tiny... barely a spoiler in fact. i'd say knowing that there is a third game is more of a spoiler in fact

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

i played VLR before 999 because i didnt know it was a sequel to anything :grin:

• Locked thread