Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
In Training
Jun 28, 2008

every room i save my game in is a pec room LOL don't forget to liek and subscribe folks.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

Zero's most twisted game yet

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

Yea , I'm gonna wipe my vita save file and read through it sometime before the new game. I would revisit 999 but I'm remembering having a notepad file open with the specific prompts I needed to hit on my 4th playthrough and just spamming through all the text I've already seen...it would be hard to revisit. I remember the final puzzle being amazing though

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

mysterious loyall X posted:

it was sudoku with sad music

Yeah but you had to flip the ds over. Incredible

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

enjoy, they're my favorite VNs (I've played 2, ZE series and ace attorney)

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

i played VLR before 999 because i didnt know it was a sequel to anything :grin:

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

The structure is bizarre and also pays off narratively in probably the most insane developments in a video game I've seen. Nobody writes game stories like the VLR guy

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

SM64Guy posted:

are these games really serious and grim

They swing wildly from comic to dramatic in a really well done way. Closest analogue is probably Metal Gear's tone but a VN

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

The final reveal is the best

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

I.N.R.I posted:

can u play this without doing 999 first ?

I did because VLR was a PS plus game at one point and I didn't know it was a sequel. I definitely missed some stuff , and some characters are in both, and the overarching narrative definitely seemed insane to me because those bits were building on stuff from 1. But 90% of the game is self contained so you'd be alright

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

I think actually the worst part about playing VLR first was trying to get all the endings in 999 later when you have to just tap through alllllllllll the text whenever you wanna try a different path instead of the really sick system VLR has

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

NickRoweFillea posted:

What the heck is going on in this game!!!

VLR is epic

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

I think the first timeline I ever went down had the book with joke spoilers for the rest of the game and I felt really smart thinking I had everything figured out after 2 hours and then when the actual ending starts rolling out I was flabbergasted

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

According to HowLongToBeat.Com, the average playthrough of 999: Nine Hours, Nine Persons, Nine Doors takes 9 hours to complete :staredog: :bernget:

• Locked thread