Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
What's the image in the second post?
A man's face
Butterfly
A koi
A dog
A small boat floating in a lake
Funyarinpa
View Results

• Locked thread
HelloWinter
May 27, 2012

"Hey, Nagito, what'cha
thinkin' about?"

"Oh, y'know. Murder stuff."
This is just me throwing dumb non-based theories but I really want to believe that this Zero could be Santa from 999. At the end of the trailer, the Zero proclaims that the actions that will take place will decide the fate of the cast, the world, and himself. It almost makes me want to believe that Zero is trying his best to induce Esper voodoo to save the world. Why Santa though? Because this wouldn't have been the first time that he organizes this sort of thing.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Arrrthritis
May 31, 2007

I don't care if you're a star, the moon, or the whole damn sky, you need to come back down to earth and remember where you came from
I'm really excited for this game.

Concerning Zero speculation I think the question of what happened to Santa will be resolved in one way or another; I don't think he'd be one to willingly put Akane in a life or death situation, even if it's for the greater good. I'm assuming there's going to be points in the story where Akane can die. I don't think Akane would willingly stage VLR if what had happened was the result of one of her plans backfiring, either- I don't think a plan of hers would backfire on this scale to begin with.

I think it's more likely that Brother/Left/Q is behind this, and we're actually dealing with a Zero this time around, instead of someone who was bad-but-good the entire time.

Nate RFB
Jan 17, 2005

Clapping Larry

NJ Deac posted:

Given that this thread is about ZTD instead of VLR, do we really need to be spoiler tagging stuff about VLR?
I strongly feel VLR spoiler tags are not needed. Who is jumping into ZTD without knowing what the deal is with VLR?

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna!!!

HelloWinter posted:

This is just me throwing dumb non-based theories but I really want to believe that this Zero could be Santa from 999. At the end of the trailer, the Zero proclaims that the actions that will take place will decide the fate of the cast, the world, and himself. It almost makes me want to believe that Zero is trying his best to induce Esper voodoo to save the world. Why Santa though? Because this wouldn't have been the first time that he organizes this sort of thing.

Well, I reviewed the VLR Answers and Uchikoshi said we'd find out what Snake and Santa were up to between 999 and VLR here.

house of the dad
Jul 4, 2005

If this is anything like the first two games, I'll absolutely love the first 29 hours and then be completely baffled and dismayed by the 30th.

Kinu Nishimura
Apr 24, 2008

SICK LOOT!
999 was not 30 hours long.

house of the dad
Jul 4, 2005

I played it 5 years ago. Gimme a break

Meowywitch
Jan 14, 2010

I did not understand the first time I played 999 that I was really controlling akane the whole time

possibly because I am stupid

Teriyaki Koinku
Nov 25, 2008

Bread! Bread! Bread!

Bread! BREAD! BREAD!

Nate RFB posted:

I strongly feel VLR spoiler tags are not needed. Who is jumping into ZTD without knowing what the deal is with VLR?

To be fair, Uchikoshi/Spike Chunsoft explicitly stated they wanted ZTD to be accessible to players new to the series in a recent interview.

Arrrthritis
May 31, 2007

I don't care if you're a star, the moon, or the whole damn sky, you need to come back down to earth and remember where you came from

Your Dunkle Sans posted:

To be fair, Uchikoshi/Spike Chunsoft explicitly stated they wanted ZTD to be accessible to players new to the series in a recent interview.

there's probably going to be a lot of first timers on PC, as well.

hell VLR is the reason i got a vita (well that and P4 golden). It wouldn't surprise me if people didn't want to buy a new handheld console for a visual novel.

Regy Rusty
Apr 26, 2010

Your Dunkle Sans posted:

There's absolutely no way that the experience isn't going to be greatly diminished if you haven't played the previous two games, and I'll strongly discourage anyone I see thinking of skipping them.

Nate RFB
Jan 17, 2005

Clapping Larry
Also it will make actual spoilers for ZTD when it comes out a lot harder to parse.

corn on the cop
Oct 12, 2012

Break what must be broken, once for all, that's all, and take the suffering on oneself.

― Corey Dostoyevsky
I would like to play this game now and thank you

Color Printer
May 9, 2011

You get used to it. I don't
even see the code. All I see
is Ipecac, Scapular, Polyphemus...

I still can't believe it's coming out in June. I'm not completely convinced any of this is real

Teriyaki Koinku
Nov 25, 2008

Bread! Bread! Bread!

Bread! BREAD! BREAD!

Color Printer posted:

I still can't believe it's coming out in June. I'm not completely convinced any of this is real

It's actually going to be the trigger that sends our consciousness back into the past before 999 was released.

Change the future! Change the past! Find a way out!

Danaru
Jun 5, 2012

何 ??
The only way to prevent Radical 6 from happening is to send our consciousness back in time and prevent Zero Time Dilemma from coming out, so the mars test site disaster never happens. But can we make such a sacrifice

Meowywitch
Jan 14, 2010

https://twitter.com/Uchikoshi_Eng/status/710501673496477696

:3:

AweStriker
Oct 6, 2014

I feel like the X door being a red herring is completely possible. After all, X is the Roman numeral for 10, and there are 10 people in the shelter (provided you count either Zero or the dog, but not both)...

lotus circle
Dec 25, 2012

Jushure Iburu
So don't worry

HelloWinter posted:

Really it wouldn't be a Zero Escape game without one of the Kurashiki siblings being involved in loving with everyone from the background.

Blueberry Pancakes
Aug 18, 2012

Jack in!! MegaMan, Execute!

Danaru posted:

The only way to prevent Radical 6 from happening is to send our consciousness back in time and prevent Zero Time Dilemma from coming out, so the mars test site disaster never happens. But can we make such a sacrifice

That would mean Luna wouldn't exist, and that is unacceptable. :colbert:

Danaru
Jun 5, 2012

何 ??
My big dumb theory is that Dashiel Gordain is Brother and is also All-Ice (or is at least full of Ice-9), which means he can just stand in a fridge and cryofreeze himself, explaining why Free The Soul existed back in the 1800s despite their founding leader still existing in the future to order the Myrmidons to screw up the Crash Keys' nonary game. I also think this Zero might be him since this game seems to be built specifically to gently caress up Espers with the whole 90 minute thing.

I'm pretty sure Uchikoshi's turned me into an aluminum foil hat wearing moron :shepface:

Gato
Feb 1, 2012

In VLR, does Junpei/Tenmyouji ever say that he participated in the Mars isolation experiment? I thought he said he hadn't seen Akane since the events of 999 but I might have got that wrong, it's been a while.

...I should really go play VLR again.

Blueberry Pancakes
Aug 18, 2012

Jack in!! MegaMan, Execute!

Gato posted:

In VLR, does Junpei/Tenmyouji ever say that he participated in the Mars isolation experiment?

Yes. During his own ending path.

Meowywitch
Jan 14, 2010

People with vision better than I have noted that in the trailer, when Eric points the shotgun, Sigma is there with Q.

So I guess they will be able to meet up, maybe at predetermined points like 999?

Raxivace
Sep 9, 2014

Guys D.C. Douglas is implying he might be in the English dub.

Therefore it may be the best dub.

Danaru
Jun 5, 2012

何 ??

Raxivace posted:

Guys D.C. Douglas is implying he might be in the English dub.

Therefore it may be the best dub.

I had to look him up to see who he was, and Wikipedia already has him listed as voicing Zero :v:

CottonWolf
Jul 20, 2012

Good ideas generator

Hobgoblin2099 posted:

That phrasing always sounded weird to me, so I assumed that that was just Ushikoshi throwing vague, so he could decide later if he wanted Junpei in 3. It very specifically doesn't say whether he was onsite or in the monitoring station. Also, I assume Monitoring Station-man will be an external character that we can interact with in 3, Diana definitely calls him at the end of whatever happens on the test site.

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

Well, VLR and ZE3 were supposed to be developed immediately one after the other, so I wouldn't be surprised if Uchikoshi already had even just the basic story details for ZTD down when making VLR.

Danaru
Jun 5, 2012

何 ??

CottonWolf posted:

That phrasing always sounded weird to me, so I assumed that that was just Ushikoshi throwing vague, so he could decide later if he wanted Junpei in 3. It very specifically doesn't say whether he was onsite or in the monitoring station. Also, I assume Monitoring Station-man will be an external character that we can interact with in 3, Diana definitely calls him at the end of whatever happens on the test site.

I wouldn't count on it, Diana made that call at the end of the simulated Solar Conjunction, which can last for two weeks. That's two solid weeks of radio silence for Zero to go ham on the participants

the truth
Dec 16, 2007

I should probably replay these games, especially VLR. I don't recall some of the intricacies near the end that will probably be very important.

house of the dad
Jul 4, 2005

voltcatfish posted:

People with vision better than I have noted that in the trailer, when Eric points the shotgun, Sigma is there with Q.

So I guess they will be able to meet up, maybe at predetermined points like 999?

I'd guess that that's probably more towards one of the endings. Usually by then the game has ended or broken down somehow

Meowywitch
Jan 14, 2010

the truth posted:

I should probably replay these games, especially VLR. I don't recall some of the intricacies near the end that will probably be very important.

I replayed 999 and VLR again mostly without guides this time, back in September. It was just as good the second time, and you bet your rear end on June 1st I'll replay them both again.

Navigating Room 6 in 999 is still kind of a pain, though.

CottonWolf
Jul 20, 2012

Good ideas generator

voltcatfish posted:

Navigating Room 6 in 999 is still kind of a pain, though.

Is that the weird furnace room?

Meowywitch
Jan 14, 2010

CottonWolf posted:

Is that the weird furnace room?

Yep. Actually the only room I had to consult a guide on my second play to get my bearings in

Meowywitch
Jan 14, 2010

"I can't keep up with all the fan speculation, but I definitely read everything that gets posted on my Facebook. My advice to other fans would actually be to avoid all these speculative pages, because some of the theories are correct. So it's best to go in with a blank slate, and not knowing what to expect, I think." - uchikoshi

the dog really is the mastermind :ssh:

Brightman
Feb 24, 2005

I've seen fun you people wouldn't believe.
Tiki torches on fire off the summit of Kilauea.
I watched disco balls glitter in the dark near the Brandenburg Gate.
All those moments will be lost in time, like crowds in rain.

Time to sleep.

Hobgoblin2099 posted:

I was thinking about that too but since we're dealing with amnesia drug injecting watches this go around there's a solid chance he just doesn't remember.

Still there's the issue of Diana's message not lining up with VLR's timeline when she said 6 were dead and only 3 were left since in VLR Sigma, Phi, Akane, and Junpei were all still kicking and Diana was still alive for Young Sigma to meet her and make Luna based off of her.

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

voltcatfish posted:

"I can't keep up with all the fan speculation, but I definitely read everything that gets posted on my Facebook. My advice to other fans would actually be to avoid all these speculative pages, because some of the theories are correct. So it's best to go in with a blank slate, and not knowing what to expect, I think." - uchikoshi

the dog really is the mastermind :ssh:

Aaaaah, I know I should be going on an information blackout but I wanna know moooooore and I can't wait three mooooooonths.

mandatory lesbian
Dec 18, 2012
Phi is super cute but she's got some odd pants

i also like akane's design alot to

finally, why is sigma so buff

MagusDraco
Nov 11, 2011

even speedwagon was trolled

mandatory lesbian posted:

Phi is super cute but she's got some odd pants

i also like akane's design alot to

finally, why is sigma so buff

Sigma was pretty buff in the VLR promo art too.

edit:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

curiousCat
Sep 23, 2012

Does this look like the face of mercy, kupo?

Brightman posted:

Still there's the issue of Diana's message not lining up with VLR's timeline when she said 6 were dead and only 3 were left since in VLR Sigma, Phi, Akane, and Junpei were all still kicking and Diana was still alive for Young Sigma to meet her and make Luna based off of her.

Six are supposed to die for the door to be opened. In the VLR timeline, it would seem to be Eric, Mira, Q, Carlos, Diana, and Zero. Right, wouldn't that work?

• Locked thread