Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
What's the image in the second post?
A man's face
Butterfly
A koi
A dog
A small boat floating in a lake
Funyarinpa
View Results

• Locked thread
Meowywitch
Jan 14, 2010

I'm so loving excited for this game you have no idea dude

fake: I have never been this excited for a videogame. Never stop making games, Uchikoshi.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Meowywitch
Jan 14, 2010

I did not understand the first time I played 999 that I was really controlling akane the whole time

possibly because I am stupid

Meowywitch
Jan 14, 2010

https://twitter.com/Uchikoshi_Eng/status/710501673496477696

:3:

Meowywitch
Jan 14, 2010

People with vision better than I have noted that in the trailer, when Eric points the shotgun, Sigma is there with Q.

So I guess they will be able to meet up, maybe at predetermined points like 999?

Meowywitch
Jan 14, 2010

the truth posted:

I should probably replay these games, especially VLR. I don't recall some of the intricacies near the end that will probably be very important.

I replayed 999 and VLR again mostly without guides this time, back in September. It was just as good the second time, and you bet your rear end on June 1st I'll replay them both again.

Navigating Room 6 in 999 is still kind of a pain, though.

Meowywitch
Jan 14, 2010

CottonWolf posted:

Is that the weird furnace room?

Yep. Actually the only room I had to consult a guide on my second play to get my bearings in

Meowywitch
Jan 14, 2010

"I can't keep up with all the fan speculation, but I definitely read everything that gets posted on my Facebook. My advice to other fans would actually be to avoid all these speculative pages, because some of the theories are correct. So it's best to go in with a blank slate, and not knowing what to expect, I think." - uchikoshi

the dog really is the mastermind :ssh:

Meowywitch
Jan 14, 2010

Raxivace posted:

Why is everyone assuming the nine participants in ZTD are the same nine participants in the timeline that lead to VLR?

they're underestimating uchikoshi

Meowywitch
Jan 14, 2010

Here's my crackpot theory: Phi is Sigma's Daughter. Why? She and K felt "a connection" and it is has been specifically stated Sigma and Phi will not be a couple.

I'm on to your game, Uchikoshi.

Meowywitch
Jan 14, 2010

Wyvernil posted:

I could buy future Phi being Sigma's child, but what about present Phi? Who is she?

Santa? :v:

Meowywitch
Jan 14, 2010

Has Q been confirmed male? I am curious if the japanese side actually uses gender specific words for him

Meowywitch
Jan 14, 2010

Irony Be My Shield posted:

Has there been any official word on why they decided to go ahead and make the game after shelving it? I got the impression it was due to overseas enthusiasm but I'm not sure.

https://twitter.com/Uchikoshi_Eng/status/710501027611414528

Meowywitch
Jan 14, 2010

Your Dunkle Sans posted:

In retrospect, it was really dumb for people to try and murder each other in 999

I mean, Clover genuinely mentally snaps and Ace is a giant dick with a past to keep on the lids. I wouldn't really say there was much murdering attempted all things considered.

Meowywitch
Jan 14, 2010

Momomo posted:

Wasn't the entire reason Alice was even put in the Nonary game because she was super smart? Their abilities didn't really seem comparable in a way you could call one smarter than the other.

But yeah, I like both of them the most out of the cast. Someone who's smart enough to know how to deal with all the crazy poo poo going on is good in my book.

Yeah she could do math good. I think that's also the entire reason Lotus is in 999 as well?

Meowywitch
Jan 14, 2010

Could've sworn I posted in that thread but I guess not

Meowywitch
Jan 14, 2010

RagnarokAngel posted:

I played it straight once then used a guide to get the rest because I had some bad experiences with Ever 17.

I actually appreciated that VLR requires you to follow every story path and keeps track for you.

I didn't realize how difficult it was to get Tsugumi's Good End until i read a guide. My first time, I magically got it on my own.

It requires 17 affection points. Uchikoshi :allears:

Meowywitch
Jan 14, 2010

Hello, I watch the Zero Time Dilemma trailer every day

am I the big nerd

Meowywitch
Jan 14, 2010

""Yeah yeah yeah, like, this title has seven named endings where it shows you the end credits, and any number of endings where, it's kinda like the game hits a dead end and the story ends, but not with a true ending, but, hmm... it'll make more sense as you keep playing, but we kinda tried to overcome the commonly-held conceptions of what an "ending" is, or what it should be? So we're really trying to kinda break out of the mold of what an ending should be, very unorthodox style." - Uchikoshi

Only seven endings this time, huh?

e: Also have this screenshot since it's the first one I've seen that shows the map, or at least one-third of it

Meowywitch fucked around with this message at 07:26 on Mar 22, 2016

Meowywitch
Jan 14, 2010

"In terms of the level of violence originally we were going for a CERO D rating which is 17 and over. We realized that with those restrictions we wouldn’t get the same visual and emotional impact we wanted so at the end of the day we went with a CERO Z rating, which is the highest rating in Japan." -Uchikoshi

drat, it is actually going to be CERO-Z. Isn't that going to tank its sales?

Meowywitch
Jan 14, 2010

What little text there will be :v:

Meowywitch
Jan 14, 2010

I am curious as to how the fragment system in ZTD will allow for mindfuckery. I mean, if we play the fragments and see them "placed" on the overarching timeline, won't that just spoil basically the entire timeline pretty quickly?

Meowywitch
Jan 14, 2010

There'll be a way to game the Decision Game. There always is.

Meowywitch
Jan 14, 2010

Zero Time Dilemma pre-orders in Japan will get a Premium Booklet featuring 48 pages of various illustration and content. The A5-size full-colored Premium Booklet features a a prequel written by series scenario writer Kotaro Uchikoshi and illustrations by character designer Rui Tomono. It also features background design from previous games of the series and a “mystery” that is exclusive to the booklet.

Man now I have to buy two copies of this game.

Meowywitch
Jan 14, 2010

Apparently, the game actually got a CERO D.

Meowywitch
Jan 14, 2010

A website listed the 3ds and vita versions seperately and has like 20 screenshots of each version (the same screens)

Meowywitch
Jan 14, 2010

Van Dine posted:

Oof. That's some difference in screenshot quality.

I was peeved about there not being a relevant physical release of the game for the 3DS or Vita, since I don't want to set up internet connections for handhelds, so I was planning to get the Steam release. The 3DS version would have been my top choice in theory, but with that quality difference? Not a good idea.

I can still hardly believe this game is real!

There's always time to cancel it at the last minute a la the Megaman Legends 3 demo!

Meowywitch
Jan 14, 2010

Also who knows, maybe those are regular 3ds screenshots and the game is new 3ds optimized?

Meowywitch
Jan 14, 2010

Covers! Maybe? Could be placeholders.

Meowywitch
Jan 14, 2010

Mordiceius posted:

All that matters is if we get Phi in a bikini.

See you're joking but they actually released that on a japanese postcard or something

Meowywitch
Jan 14, 2010

mandatory lesbian posted:

i like her clothed better

swimsuits are clothes

Meowywitch
Jan 14, 2010

the graphics being a bit shittier is going to prevent you guys from playing zero escape 3?

please think about this

vlr's graphics were not good on either platform

Meowywitch
Jan 14, 2010

Bad Seafood posted:

Postponement is not the same thing as prevention.

all i'm sayin is that steam release might not be for a long time time man

Meowywitch
Jan 14, 2010

1. Holy poo poo this game comes out in two months

2. A picture of the flowchart exists now

Meowywitch
Jan 14, 2010

I am very, very interested in Mira/Eric/Q because their path seems to end relatively quickly.

I'm sure there's more to it but we already know Eric's going to lose his poo poo and Mira seems to be a questionable person herself. That group's gonna be great, doing them first personally.

e: I've also been trying to place English Eric since I knew I've heard his voice before, and apparently he's Zen from Persona Q which is definitely where I remember it from.

Meowywitch fucked around with this message at 04:27 on Apr 15, 2016

Meowywitch
Jan 14, 2010

See that would not only undo VLR but also 999

I like it

Meowywitch
Jan 14, 2010

snip

Meowywitch fucked around with this message at 20:31 on Apr 20, 2016

Meowywitch
Jan 14, 2010

That works too :v:

Meowywitch
Jan 14, 2010

Well uh, Mira just suddenly changed completely with the english translation of her signature line

Meowywitch
Jan 14, 2010

I am actually curious how well the models will hold up in very dramatic scenes because goofy Sigma here isn't doing it for me

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Meowywitch
Jan 14, 2010

psychoJ posted:

Here's to hoping that it just sounds weird out of context since VLR for the most part had really good voice acting.

I think it's just overdubbed trailer acting

• Locked thread