Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
What's the image in the second post?
A man's face
Butterfly
A koi
A dog
A small boat floating in a lake
Funyarinpa
View Results

• Locked thread
Regy Rusty
Apr 26, 2010

This series is wonderful

It's amazing that this game is going to exist

Ahhhhh I can't wait

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Regy Rusty
Apr 26, 2010

CottonWolf posted:

Glad to see the Morphogenetic Fields are doing their work with that poll.

I didn't even scroll down to see the image

Regy Rusty
Apr 26, 2010

Your Dunkle Sans posted:

To be fair, Uchikoshi/Spike Chunsoft explicitly stated they wanted ZTD to be accessible to players new to the series in a recent interview.

There's absolutely no way that the experience isn't going to be greatly diminished if you haven't played the previous two games, and I'll strongly discourage anyone I see thinking of skipping them.

Regy Rusty
Apr 26, 2010

Your Dunkle Sans posted:

Aaaaanyways... Moving on.

I'm replaying/rereading 999 and I have a question:

Correct me if I'm wrong, but why didn't anyone try some medical trickery to slow their heart rate to zero and then revived themselves to remove their bracelet? There is a freezer and a medical bay, it could have been worth a shot considering one of the two conditions of removing the bracelet was to have a heart rate of zero, not necessarily being dead.

Because getting your heartrate to zero and then reviving isn't the kind of thing your average person knows how to accomplish

Regy Rusty
Apr 26, 2010

Raxivace posted:

I'm just glad to see a Zero that really is straight up antagonistic now.

It's just gonna be Akane again :colbert:

Regy Rusty
Apr 26, 2010

Your Dunkle Sans posted:

Oh, I've read the Let's Play. Just wondering if there's still a Games thread with posts about "Holy poo poo the Ninth Man loving blew up! :aaaaa:"

I don't really remember one existing. I feel like the VLR thread was the first one for the series here.

Regy Rusty
Apr 26, 2010

TheOneAndOnlyT posted:

I definitely remember a 999 thread existing because the title was a dumbass quote from a review that said something like "holy poo poo, this game has actually good writing!" as though it was some monumental achievement. I don't think it ever got really big though, since 999 was the first in the series, which meant there wasn't much pre-release hype.

Oh! Right! Yeah and people kept making obnoxious comments about that title.

poo poo I want to find that thread now

Regy Rusty
Apr 26, 2010

Ha, that was easy: http://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3366311

Can't believe I forgot about this

Regy Rusty
Apr 26, 2010

That review was really something

Regy Rusty
Apr 26, 2010

Valex posted:

How far is the VLR LP?

I'm probably going to read them both occasionally in lieu of replaying the games in preparation

It's still got a few routes left to go, and it's been updating at a snail's pace for ages. I doubt it's gonna finish by ZTD's release.

Regy Rusty
Apr 26, 2010

I'm thankful I never got the coffin end.

On the flip side I got the axe end like three times before figuring out what I was doing wrong.

Regy Rusty
Apr 26, 2010

voltcatfish posted:

drat, it is actually going to be CERO-Z. Isn't that going to tank its sales?

It will increase them

Regy Rusty
Apr 26, 2010

Zero Escape is popular and beloved

Regy Rusty
Apr 26, 2010

I'll feel dirty about it but I do have a vita now so there's really no reason not to get it on there if the difference is gonna be that stark.

Regy Rusty
Apr 26, 2010

I'm sure there's going to be more to that than meets the eye

Regy Rusty
Apr 26, 2010

Yes I sincerely think the story is good.

Regy Rusty
Apr 26, 2010

Waffleman_ posted:

https://twitter.com/Uchikoshi_Eng/status/743626346153152512

"I wrote an anime about panties, but this is a serious game."

He's right

Regy Rusty
Apr 26, 2010

I don't care why it hasn't leaked, I'm just glad it hasn't and hope it doesn't.

Also

alcharagia posted:

I'm glad I know the canon size of Sigma's dick.

Regy Rusty
Apr 26, 2010

the truth posted:

Amazon still doesn't have a ship date for the watch edition :ohdear:

Regular edition either. I'm just going to get digital at this point. I wish you luck.

Regy Rusty
Apr 26, 2010

Oh no how terrible

Regy Rusty
Apr 26, 2010

voltcatfish posted:

Famitsu gave the game a 32/40 TIME TO ABANDON SHIP

Is that bad, what'd they give the others

Uchikoshi won't fail me...

Regy Rusty
Apr 26, 2010

VLR was better than 999 so clearly their scores are inverted

Regy Rusty
Apr 26, 2010

I stand by my beliefs. As much as I liked 999 VLR gripped me way more throughout, in addition to being a lot more user friendly.

It is true that there's no Snake caliber characters in VLR, but Dio, Luna, Sigma, and Phi are all great. My biggest problem with VLR was it ending on a cliffhanger that felt so much not like it was the end.

Regy Rusty
Apr 26, 2010

voltcatfish posted:

the thread will be empty when the game comes out...

I will post in it

Regy Rusty
Apr 26, 2010

In Training posted:

The ending of VLR is cool.

It deserves to be experienced

Regy Rusty
Apr 26, 2010

the truth posted:

Can we please not turn this into a thread for spoiler chat before the game even comes out? We have waited years for this, and it's just a few dozen hours away at this point. Seriously, in the same post you are telling people to stay away from certain sites because of spoilers and then also sharing the spoilers here.

Yeah please

Regy Rusty
Apr 26, 2010

Basically with my experience with Amazon, them still not having a delivery date is a bad sign. I don't think it's going to arrive tomorrow.

Regy Rusty
Apr 26, 2010

Nate RFB posted:

Was it possible to pre-order without the watch and just get the game straight up? If I were ordering it through Amazon or whatever that's what I'd do because I don't need any of that extra crap. For ZTD I was going to get it digitally anyway though, just haven't decided whether I'll go with Steam or Vita just yet.

Yes but there's no shipping guaranteed date for that version either. It's what I was going to do but having been burned before I was wary and am just gonna go digital.

Regy Rusty
Apr 26, 2010

Paul Zuvella posted:

*climbs on top of the nearest mountain and cups hands*

Don't pre-order video games!!!!

You feel passionately about this, huh

Regy Rusty
Apr 26, 2010

Tu fui, ego eris.

Regy Rusty
Apr 26, 2010

psychoJ posted:

Yo US peeps, ZTD is up on the PSN store now. I'm currently downloading a 988 MB game that says it'll take 45 minutes to complete.:shepspends:

I've got 20 minutes

:getin:

Regy Rusty
Apr 26, 2010

The game is two minutes long I already beat it

Regy Rusty
Apr 26, 2010

You should definitely have a good grasp on where the end of VLR left things

Regy Rusty
Apr 26, 2010

What is going on :stare:

Regy Rusty
Apr 26, 2010

Ventana posted:

What do you mean with VLR responding to player actions? You mean like checking out Clover's suit in the PEC?

Knowing how these games go, they'll probably fill you in on any relevant info in the game itself. VLR basically explained most of the relevant bits of 999 in it's plot, so I'd expect the same here.

The opening of the game definitely expects you to know how VLR left things.

Specifically Sigma and Phi refer to knowing what's going to happen in the future, with the assumption that the player is completely up to speed on what is going to happen and why they know this.

This is definitely not like VLR where you could jump in without having even played 999 and not have previous events referenced until very late in the game.

Regy Rusty
Apr 26, 2010

Well, this game is horrifying

Regy Rusty
Apr 26, 2010

Yessss at length conversations on esoteric topics, the real Zero Escape starts here

Regy Rusty
Apr 26, 2010

Cake Attack posted:

Junpei you're kind of a dick now what happened

He's so done with this poo poo

Regy Rusty
Apr 26, 2010

I'm already stuck on my first puzzle room

:yeah:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Regy Rusty
Apr 26, 2010

I love the way that they do choices in this game, sometimes making them more involved than just pick one or the other.

Case in point, the choice right after the Pod Room puzzle: You have to actually type in the name for who you think killed Mira to try to sway Eric. He has a unique response for every possible name you give him and you can keep guessing and dying over and over again... but in reality you don't have nearly enough information to figure out the truth. So the correct response is to just do nothing to get Q to admit the truth - he genuinely has no idea. I figured it out fairly early in the process but still kept guessing to see Eric lose his poo poo in different ways.

The game is great so far, and the out of order jumping around is delightfully confusing.

• Locked thread