Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
What's the image in the second post?
A man's face
Butterfly
A koi
A dog
A small boat floating in a lake
Funyarinpa
View Results

• Locked thread
lotus circle
Dec 25, 2012

Jushure Iburu
So don't worry
Also to those who don't want to pay 20 bucks for 999: if you have an iPad, 999 is available on the app store for like 5 bucks. No puzzle components, but the story is there otherwise if you wanna just read it Visual Novel style.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

lotus circle
Dec 25, 2012

Jushure Iburu
So don't worry

HelloWinter posted:

This is just me throwing dumb non-based theories but I really want to believe that this Zero could be Santa from 999. At the end of the trailer, the Zero proclaims that the actions that will take place will decide the fate of the cast, the world, and himself. It almost makes me want to believe that Zero is trying his best to induce Esper voodoo to save the world. Why Santa though? Because this wouldn't have been the first time that he organizes this sort of thing.
Really it wouldn't be a Zero Escape game without one of the Kurashiki siblings being involved in loving with everyone from the background.

lotus circle
Dec 25, 2012

Jushure Iburu
So don't worry
Alice was stupid in a lot of ways but she was pretty entertaining.

lotus circle
Dec 25, 2012

Jushure Iburu
So don't worry

Cake Attack posted:

iirc weren't they just waiting for their dry ice escape thing to happen and really didnt have anything to do but kill time?
Nah, they had just found the dry ice and then launched into a huge talk about it in the middle of freezing to death. The actual explosion was pretty much instantaneous.

lotus circle
Dec 25, 2012

Jushure Iburu
So don't worry
I cancelled my ZTD order (not limited edition) because I called Amazon about the lack of estimated delivery date. Customer service estimated I'd get the regular version in August because of how late I pre-ordered.

lotus circle
Dec 25, 2012

Jushure Iburu
So don't worry
Hey so I could use some help for people who have either finished the game or cleared D-Team stuff.

So I made it to a fragment where Sigma and Diana get to a yellow door. It's telling me to input a password, but I don't know it yet. The problem is that the game will not let me leave this fragment. No option to switch teams, the entire flowchart is blacked out except for this part, and I can't even alternate out if I go backwards on the fragment. And even if I back out of not submitting a password, I'll be taken right back to the team select with no option to switch.

So can someone tell me how to get this password? I'm ASSUMING it must be between these two fragments from the Transporter to the Locker room but even after retreading I can't seem to find anything. I'm basically stuck not playing the game until I figure this out.

lotus circle
Dec 25, 2012

Jushure Iburu
So don't worry

Regy Rusty posted:

That's... weird. You should absolutely be able to select another path. Getting past that door requires you to do a ton more stuff, I've only just reached it now.
Then I have no clue what I'm doing wrong. I tried inserting wrong passwords, backing out entirely, going to early cinematic stuff on other routes to try and transfer from there. Even went back to the transporter route and picked the Game Over end. Nothing I do is letting me go backwards to the full fragment board. And I didn't make any back-up saves so I can't even go back to a point before I began this route.

This must be some kind of glitch with the plot locks, because I'm completely unable to get out using the usual means and the exclamation point isn't even displaying a proper lock.

lotus circle
Dec 25, 2012

Jushure Iburu
So don't worry

Regy Rusty posted:

Check my edit. If that's not it, take a screenshot of your flowchart if possible.

I'm pretty sure you're just missing something, but I'm not sure what.
This is what my fragment chart looks like for the Transporter path and this is what the game lets me access. I've basically done everything I could in it, and then the only other fragment Team Select lets me choose is the Door of Truth. And none of the other team paths show up in either pathway.

EDIT: Ok I think I figured it out. It's that goddamn exclamation mark. Goddammit.

lotus circle fucked around with this message at 00:53 on Jun 30, 2016

lotus circle
Dec 25, 2012

Jushure Iburu
So don't worry

Regy Rusty posted:

Yeah I was about to say, have you tried selecting the exclamation mark that's right there in your screenshot?

I hope that's it and it works.
Yep, I finished that one off and now I'm back at the proper team select screen! Thanks for your help.

lotus circle
Dec 25, 2012

Jushure Iburu
So don't worry
Some more help needed! In regards to D-Team's Force Quit Box, definitely endgame level stuff.

Ok I went through D Team End 2 and know the mementos are Phi's brooch and Diana's bluebird. Problem is I have no clue what to write in for the latter. I assume "Brooch" is the first one, but what about the second? My answers are either too short or incorrect (CagedBird fit in but wasn't allowed) and so I'm stuck.

lotus circle
Dec 25, 2012

Jushure Iburu
So don't worry

Regy Rusty posted:

It's a bit dumb. Blue SPACE Bird
:shepspends:

Now I just feel silly, thanks.

lotus circle
Dec 25, 2012

Jushure Iburu
So don't worry
Man I do love this thread as a giant CSI document. Anyway I need some help again. This time in regards to Q-Team's box. Spoilers for Q-Team's fragments.

So I already cleared the Reality fragment where Zero II confronts Q and tells him who he is. Now I assumed the number he told Q (6140-4091) was the box code and the numbers even all fit in, but I'm not unlocking it. I've literally done every available fragment up to this point from all the teams, and don't seem to have any other options. Am I missing something?

lotus circle
Dec 25, 2012

Jushure Iburu
So don't worry

Regy Rusty posted:

You're missing something in some other path.

Dunno what without more info, but that's not the right place for that.
I'm trying to think what then. So far I have Sun End, C-Team 01, Q-Team 01, D-Team 01 and D-Team 02. I'm definitely progressing into the endgame at this point and have gotten the C-Team and D-Team boxes unlocked.

lotus circle
Dec 25, 2012

Jushure Iburu
So don't worry

alcharagia posted:

Have you answered who killed Mira?
Yes. I let the timer run out and that led into finding the yellow door. Unless I should input something else.

Regy Rusty posted:

You're missing Q-End 2. It's on the path that also includes Who Killed Junpei, Who Killed Mira, Door of Truth, etc. Wherever you've stalled on that line is what you need to do next I think.

In regards to that: The game isn't letting me progress past "Get Back" which leads directly into Carlos timeline hopping a poo poo ton of times until I get to C-End.

lotus circle
Dec 25, 2012

Jushure Iburu
So don't worry

Regy Rusty posted:

Then lower than that, Have you gone through the Door of Truth?
Yes. After Door of Truth I got through all the stuff. Once I hit Get Back, Carlos begins time jumping until I make it to C-Team End. The game isn't giving me any fragment options to go past that though.

lotus circle
Dec 25, 2012

Jushure Iburu
So don't worry

Regy Rusty posted:

If you've done everything else, I think you should have a new fragment to select in Team Q's team select screen.
Yeah that's why I'm so confused. Here is a shot of my fragment select for Team Q and my flowchart (the black circles on the right being where I assume the continuation should go) just to give you an idea of what I mean. One of the locked ones should be the continuation, but it isn't appearing.

lotus circle
Dec 25, 2012

Jushure Iburu
So don't worry
Ok I figured it out! But crap is it annoying. I basically wasn't able to get the D-Team execution scene from the first vote. And that was preventing me from getting the Q-team fragment. So I went and re-did the C Team and Q Team votes to get it.

lotus circle
Dec 25, 2012

Jushure Iburu
So don't worry

Regy Rusty posted:

Mods please change the thread title to Zero Time Dilemma: YOU NEED TO SEE ALL THE GODDAMN EXECUTION SCENES AT THE BEGINNING
I second this motion, I feel truly embarrassed cause I thought my game file got bugged or something before my friend brought up the possibility.

lotus circle
Dec 25, 2012

Jushure Iburu
So don't worry
So I finished as well.

I feel like the fragments are better than the whole piece. The ending didn't quite pack the same punch as 999 or VLR's for me, and I think that's just because the major reveals were incredibly obvious. I called Delta being Zero II as soon as they planned to transfer the babies' consciousness through the teleporter. The height of the game in terms of actual story were C-End 01/D-End 01 (aka showing the VLR timeline) and D-End 02. Most of the other ends felt very anti-climatic, but 999 and VLR both had these issues as well.

I think Delta's reasoning is interesting in the way the thread talks about it, but from a game perspective I could not give a poo poo about this character. I think what made Akane as Zero and Sigma as Zero Sr strong reveals was because we got to genuinely like them on some level and feel for what they were doing. Delta just exists as a big plot twist until the last half hour of gameplay, and he's only cool because DC Douglas voices him. Also I guess I can see his point in killing Gab, but that fucker still killed a tiny dog and that makes him the worst scumbag. The ending just felt like it lacked a lot of the impact the other games had, because the twists were rather predictable.

In regards to characters, the new characters really lacked a lot of good development to them. Sean and Diana aside, most of them were just kind of boring. I kind of felt bad for Carlos in C-End though, because Akane just loving shitted all over the work he put into saving them. Mira was kind of hysterical in her own way, but it seems really silly that they're cool with letting a serial killer who has committed murders in other timelines (like she obviously killed Sigma, Phi and Diana in one end for instance.)

I think I'm also just a little bummed that I couldn't feel surprised when the reveal happened, since I actually put Delta's name into the Crossbow stand-off and it kind of became obvious from there that there was a 10th person. I think it's really dumb to have what's essentially an easter egg ending reveal a twist like that, if you're like me and decided to give it a try, but it is what it is.

lotus circle
Dec 25, 2012

Jushure Iburu
So don't worry

Extra Tasty posted:

Uh... (C-Team Locker Room) I got to the door of truth and had no idea what the password would be and now the game won't let me leave the fragment or access any other fragments on any team? Did I just miss the password somehow and this is the game forcing me to input it or something? This seems like a plot lock but it won't let me advance anywhere else? Did anyone else encounter something like this?
I had this same issue. Basically you need to go back to the fragment they used the teleporter in after getting stuck at the door. There's an exclamation mark you should be able to click to advance the story.

lotus circle
Dec 25, 2012

Jushure Iburu
So don't worry

Waffleman_ posted:

Oh, so did I just now.
It's purposefully designed that way.

lotus circle
Dec 25, 2012

Jushure Iburu
So don't worry

Luna Was Here posted:

How long does it take for a true end run of this game? I'm at about nine hours(heh) playtime and I'm gonna clock about five or six hours moreand then I'm unable to play for five days because I'm going on a family trip. Will I be able to get to the end in time?
Mine was closer to 21 but a lot of that was spent being stuck in simple flowchart mechanics bullshit.

ThisIsACoolGuy posted:

Hey actually, more end game spoilers but what the gently caress was Delta's problem with the acid bath choice on team D's side? Diana just randomly ran out of the room and Zero pops up on screen talking about how she has multiple personalities and is secretly a monster and a awful person and what the hell?
He's just mad that Diana and Sigma clearly have a favorite child.

lotus circle
Dec 25, 2012

Jushure Iburu
So don't worry

It looks like all you have left to do are the Force Quit boxes. You got all the proper ends to unlock them at this point.

lotus circle
Dec 25, 2012

Jushure Iburu
So don't worry

GreenBuckanneer posted:

I didn't think so, but I spoiler tagged them.

I don't know the passwords for them...
You should have gotten them from three major endings. If you need a hint, check the tag.

C-Team's code is given in C-End 01.
Q-Team's code is given in Q-End 02.
D-Team's codes are fairly obvious given what happened in D-End 02.

lotus circle
Dec 25, 2012

Jushure Iburu
So don't worry

Butt Ghost posted:

I wanna know how you guys felt about the ending. I enjoyed the game for the most part until this last stretch, but then it devolved into a stupidly complicated wet fart devoid of stakes.

The timeline jumping team C pulls is crazy, and I initially dug it, but I felt it then reached a point where all tension was utterly deflated. There are infinite timelines, poo poo happens. Any time you're about to get hosed up, just hop to another one, whatever.

The twist with Delta being Q feels unnecessary to me. We knew he was at the facility thanks to the coin toss, I don't see what him being present as Q had to offer. Also, uh, no one notice the old man is gone during the coin toss? Anyone?

The decision game just seems like such a stupid part of the plan. "I gotta potentially spread radical 6, but maybe I could also motivate these people to stop nuclear war, but I can't forget to make sure mom and dad bone!" I feel like there are better ways to resolve all of that, but I guess we gotta tie this poo poo together somehow.

And I guess Delta Did Nothing Wrong. No end to Free the Soul or anything. Everyone's just gonna go they're separate ways and look for a crazy dude who might not even chose to pull nuclear war in this timeline.

Again, not like this poo poo matters. Infinite possibilities you can just hop about. Infinite catastrophes, infinite good futures.

Remember that if they lose the coin toss, he injects the memory erasing drug into them. They don't remember him not being present for the toss, and he's already situated himself into Q-Team by the time everyone is waking up.

I agree with you about Delta though, he was really not a very good villain. I like the concepts that revolve around him and his motives, but in execution he's just not that great. I think a large part of it is how much he acts as a representation of the player. With 999 and VLR, the reveals of who Zero is work because we've gotten to know both of those characters very well and attach to them. Delta comes into consideration rather late in the game, right around the time D-End 02 rolls around, and we don't ever get a lot of development for him. He's less of a character and more of a plot device/representation of the concepts Uchikoshi tries to get across, and I think that bugs me the most.

Also the end really loses me after they transfer into the red coin timeline. Delta pretty much mocks them for being pissed at him, and trolls them into deciding to find the fanatic who kills all those people. Something HE SHOULD HAVE DONE because what kind of logical plan involves murdering 3/4ths of the population to kill a single person?

lotus circle
Dec 25, 2012

Jushure Iburu
So don't worry

Chomskyan posted:

I played 999 a couple of years ago and liked it. If I'm going to get a game to play now should I get this game, or should I buy Virtue's Last Reward?

Also is it better on 3DS or Vita?
It's also on Steam if you prefer that. I would say they get better graphic resolution for the cinema scenes. Vita I would say is next best, unless you have a New 3DS which probably supports the graphics better.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

lotus circle
Dec 25, 2012

Jushure Iburu
So don't worry

Neddy Seagoon posted:

My favourite Decision Game so far has to be PUSH THE BUTTON! in the Healing Room. You have to sit and look at that big blue button for a full minute, while the screen periodically zooms in on it more and more, making it all the more tantalizing... And if you do press it, the entire Dcom facility blows sky-high :allears:.
I think it's the most effective as well simply because it's the only one where the characters are actively arguing behind you, giving you reasons to not do it. More decision games should be like that I think.

• Locked thread