Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
What's the image in the second post?
A man's face
Butterfly
A koi
A dog
A small boat floating in a lake
Funyarinpa
View Results

• Locked thread
Eleanore
Jun 18, 2013

voltcatfish posted:

Has Q been confirmed male? I am curious if the japanese side actually uses gender specific words for him

It specifically says "shounen" on his character profile in the first post, so yeah.

Also shame on all the people voting for "dog" in the poll. Can't you recognize a funyarinpa when you see it? :colbert:

I'm so hyped for this game, for the longest time I thought it wouldn't get made at all. I've already asked for four days off from work for when it gets released.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Eleanore
Jun 18, 2013

orenronen posted:

A little late, but for reference on what's considered CERO-Z, here's a photo I took yesterday of part of that shelf at a Book Off:

(Not pictured but also on the same shelf, Tomb Raider, Dishonored, Shadow of Mordor, Assassin's Creed)

Also for your consideration on the different age restriction priorities of both countries, games like Conception 2 and Akiba's Trip are both CERO-C (15 and up) in Japan and M in America. Gal Gun got a CERO-D (17 and up), but probably only because the main gameplay mechanic uses gun imagery.

This made me realize the game will most likely be rated 18+ in Europe. All of those titles that I could make out are rated 18+ over here since, like in Japan, the highest rating is pretty much reserved for violence.

Though with ZTD being digital only I don't think it really matters. I'm not sure if the rating even actually require ID here, or if it's just something that is suggested to Game stores. All I know is that it was really annoying being into survival horror games as a teenager since I had to ask my mom to buy my games for me.

Eleanore
Jun 18, 2013

voltcatfish posted:

Apparently, the game actually got a CERO D.

Source on this? I can't seem to find it through googling.

Eleanore
Jun 18, 2013

Motto posted:

(game mechanic spoiler)
Huh, wonder what quests are.

This has been stated in the famitsu coverage and I think on the japanese homepage too?
And been mentioned in interviews with Uchikoshi.
It's official pre-release information, but spoilering just in case:

Quests is the new name for the puzzle segments

Not touching any black bars that's not about game mechanics though.

Eleanore
Jun 18, 2013

NRVNQSR posted:

So I've been out of the loop for a while, mostly to avoid spoilers, and I have some questions that don't seem to be in the OP:

Is only the US getting physical releases of ZTD? My local amazon only has sketchy "this product may or may not exist" pages for it.

Do we know anything yet about how each platform's versions will differ, or will we have to wait and see? Will they all have the same VO options, for example?

Only the US and Japan are getting a physical release. If you're in EU/AUS it's digital only unless you import.

All versions come with both English and Japanese voice acting.
Steam version also let's you switch between English/Japanese subtitles while the 3DS/VITA versions only have subtitles corresponding to whatever region you are in (English for NA/EU, Japanese for JPN).
Graphics obviously differ depending on which platform and there were some comparison videos released. It's about what you'd expect though.
3DS has no 3D option, though. Steam/Vita has trophies.

Eleanore
Jun 18, 2013
Makes me wonder if that guy is responsible for the weird as heck tangent about if it's fair to be poor or transgender under the section talking about RNG.

Eleanore
Jun 18, 2013

BreakAtmo posted:

Something I'm curious about - is the 3D presentation really the cheaper option? I had thought that animated 3D models would be comparatively expensive compared to drawing several flat portraits for each character 999-style. Is there anyone here who could explain how this works financially?

From what I've understand, 3D is cheaper since you only need to create the model once and then just position it differently. If you're doing moving sprites you need to draw each one separately, not to mention the movements need to all be drawn. I think using completely static pictures like a lot of VNs do would still be cheaper though? But between sprites vs 3D, 3D is the cheaper option.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Eleanore
Jun 18, 2013
Yep, it's out on the EU PSN!

(nvm, broken image link, but I just have 10 seconds left on the download now!)

• Locked thread