Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
What's the image in the second post?
A man's face
Butterfly
A koi
A dog
A small boat floating in a lake
Funyarinpa
View Results

• Locked thread
Nate RFB
Jan 17, 2005

Clapping Larry

NJ Deac posted:

Given that this thread is about ZTD instead of VLR, do we really need to be spoiler tagging stuff about VLR?
I strongly feel VLR spoiler tags are not needed. Who is jumping into ZTD without knowing what the deal is with VLR?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Nate RFB
Jan 17, 2005

Clapping Larry
Also it will make actual spoilers for ZTD when it comes out a lot harder to parse.

Nate RFB
Jan 17, 2005

Clapping Larry

Raxivace posted:

She could be Phi's mother!

Phi can jump into her mother because she's pregnant.
Man, gently caress that game, assuming it's the one I think you're referring to.

Nate RFB fucked around with this message at 00:58 on Mar 18, 2016

Nate RFB
Jan 17, 2005

Clapping Larry

Raxivace posted:

I was thinking of Remember11, which is slightly different than what I'm describing to be fair. What are you referring to?
Yeah, that's the one I was thinking of as well.

Nate RFB
Jan 17, 2005

Clapping Larry
That's too bad since I have 999 on the DS and VLR on the 3DS but I also have a Vita anyway sooooo....

Nate RFB
Jan 17, 2005

Clapping Larry
To be fair sometimes 3DS screenshots just look really bad on their own but look just fine in-game or in motion. Link Between Worlds immediately comes to mind.

Nate RFB
Jan 17, 2005

Clapping Larry
I don't think there was ever any stability problems on the Vita, just the 3DS.

Whenever I needed to save on the 3DS I used the flowchart to jump back to a part where the cast were in either the warehouse or hallway, so basically outside of the puzzle rooms altogether.

Nate RFB
Jan 17, 2005

Clapping Larry
I'll probably just wait a week or two after release and then look into the strengths and weaknesses of each version. I have all three platforms (even wound up buying VLR on both the Vita and 3DS just because) so I can live with anything.

Nate RFB
Jan 17, 2005

Clapping Larry
I figured I'd really just be deciding between Vita/3DS but the Steam version is looking pretty highly appealing at the moment.

Nate RFB
Jan 17, 2005

Clapping Larry
I guess I I like the art/story in 999 more, but the flowchart really is so much of a game changer to me that I still like VLR better. Also VLR's endgame had me overall more engrossed than 999's, I was really chomping at the bit to get through those last couple of puzzles to get on with the plot.

With the music, it's the opposite for me in that I can't really remember much of 999's soundtrack but definitely can recall a few great ones in VLR:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=E1yVqJA3u4Y
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8-Mv-GE293A
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qkTmE6zyW9Y

Nate RFB
Jan 17, 2005

Clapping Larry
It's basically an Empire Strikes Back ending, I was perfectly OK with it/pumped in general when it went down. The problem was when it became obvious that a sequel wasn't going to come any time soon.

Nate RFB
Jan 17, 2005

Clapping Larry
Was it possible to pre-order without the watch and just get the game straight up? If I were ordering it through Amazon or whatever that's what I'd do because I don't need any of that extra crap. For ZTD I was going to get it digitally anyway though, just haven't decided whether I'll go with Steam or Vita just yet.

Nate RFB
Jan 17, 2005

Clapping Larry

Paul Zuvella posted:

*climbs on top of the nearest mountain and cups hands*

Don't pre-order video games!!!!
Yeah I can't think of the last time I did so. I keep some pre-orders in my Amazon wishlist just so I can keep track of prices/release dates but that's about it.

Cake Attack posted:

powerful av, friend
He just showed up in CS1 and it was so great!! I think it's from the same set that you had (of Estelle ofc).

Nate RFB
Jan 17, 2005

Clapping Larry
Game's getting some good marks at least so far, better scores than even VLR at least on metacritic.

Nate RFB
Jan 17, 2005

Clapping Larry
If it weren't for the holiday weekend I probably would have finished it earlier, but I was finally able to wrap this crazy little thing up at 22 hours.

Although I got stuck on a few puzzles I was able to get through all of them eventually, just some required more blind clicking than others. What really screwed me over was, of course, seeing all the execution scenes. I didn't realize you had to go to the other teams as well to ensure the votes fall the way they do. Oh well. That was the only thing I had to look up which at least is better than my experiences with 999/VLR, especially those dice puzzles.

Overall I liked it a lot but probably not as much as either 999 or VLR. Huge mixed feelings on the ending though I think I've warmed up to it as time has gone on and I've read responses here and elsewhere.

-I think overall I didn't care for Q Team. Sean's story did nothing for me, and Eric and Mira are kind of useless in the end. They should have leaned heavier on Mira being a killer and thus a force the group has to stop, similar to Ace in 999. Like Ace wasn't the mastermind/Zero but he was still a bad dude they needed to deal with. Here the game just sort makes you forget about it for the whole endgame and the payoff in the epilogue files is silly and not satisfying.

-Since I gathered that "Delta" was going to be involved in some way, and figured I'd try his name in the crossbow standoff, so the reveal that he was there the whole time was not that surprising. This is a twist that I didn't like as much but the more I read about the little details/foreshadowing the more I think I'm OK with it.

-The rest of the characters are really good! I liked the whole Sigma/Phi/Diana plot thread and the various payoffs with it, and if anything wish there was more. Sigma/Phi have the best interactions. Darker and Edgier Junpei was fairly hysterical and I really liked the direction they took there. Carlos was also kind of fun when he was bouncing around all over the place in the timelines.

-I get the reasoning for why "?/Kyle" is actually involved the story but man it feels kind of weak, I think that could have been done better or made more explicit.

Ultimately I'm very glad this game came to be and while I don't think I need more Zero Escape games I'll definitely be on board with whatever else Uchikoshi decides to do.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Nate RFB
Jan 17, 2005

Clapping Larry
This conversation is always weird to me because I played 999 on the DS, and you know what, I liked it back then! Like yeah the other games have some quality of life stuff that is nice but it's not like at the time I played 999 it was somehow was a thing holding back the experience, because those QoL improvements didn't exist yet as a consideration.

• Locked thread