Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Bad Munki
Nov 4, 2008

We're all mad here.

Okay, huh, I guess that particular lineup worked okay. Need to do better on my first and last slots though.

She started at about 25k.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Bad Munki
Nov 4, 2008

We're all mad here.

PvP chat:

So I have this lineup that works FANTASTICALLY well against retribution/repel teams:

The strategy is pretty straight forward: the enemy debuffs someone on your team, which triggers Oneira to buff herself, Mojian, and Azula, and also triggers Mojian to buff himself, one of which is almost guaranteed to trigger Fiora's buff to herself, Azula, and Mojian. If the initial debuff was AoE (it usually is) there's a good chance it'll hit Azula, which means she will also buff herself, which further increases the chance for Fiora to do her thing. The end result is, generally, any time the enemy debuffs your team, they'll go "down" one step in power, but Azula and Mojian will go "up" three steps, while Fiora and Oneira will go down one and up two.

And that can all happen prior to combat even starting. At which point Alicia's 100% chance to buff herself prior to combat triggers Fiora once again, who buffs herself, Azula, and Mojian yet again. Which, since it's in a new "phase" of combat, can trigger debuffs from the enemy again, which will lead to a whole extra round of the original Fiora/Oneira x2 & Azula/Mojian x3 thing.

The other half of the strategy is that a LOT of the retribution/repel teams start off with Theor to get an intentional loss and the buff he provides. So putting Alicia there gets you an easy 1st win, then you just need two of Fiora, Azula, and Mojian to win, the last two of which are practically shoe-ins at that point if the debuff/buff-buff-buff game has continued. Remember, even if Fiora goes down, she will continue to apply her "Me too!" buff when anyone on your team gets buffed, up to once per round. So your guys getting debuffed means she has 3 chances to hit her 60% "Me too" power, that's as good as guaranteed. And again, all those heroes getting buffed has a great chance to trigger your enemy's "me too" debuff, which further stacks up your power. There's a limit of one power activation per phase, but it adds up super duper fast.

Alicia being in the 1st slot like that is similar to many peoples' use of Edward there, except that his buff doesn't hit himself, while Alicia's does, and effectively triggers the same remaining result as Edward by chaining through Fiora.

Basically, use Alicia for the easy point, and then Azula and Mojian are your designated survivors. Oneira is almost always sacrificial in her actual fight, but provides crucial support to Azula and Mojian. Get as many "me too" type response skills on the table as possible.

Of course, this whole strategy falls down hard and fast against a team that does nothing to debuff your guys, but that's fairly rare. It also is weak sauce against this damned "field repair" build I've been running into a lot with Louca in the last slot and most--if not all--other heroes equipped with intentionally-breaking gear, but you don't see that build until Frostfire.

The real flexible one here is that I'd like to chuck Alicia and find someone better to put in, either in that first slot or shift everything over and put someone else in the 5th slot, ideally to perform a counter to the field repair teams. Haven't come up with anything good yet, though. I suppose I could toss Oneira and put Louca there and mimic the field repair build, but ugggggggh that's a lot of micromanagement on their equipment.

Bad Munki fucked around with this message at 23:04 on Jan 16, 2017

norp
Jan 20, 2004

TRUMP TRUMP TRUMP

let's invade New Zealand, they have oil

Thanks for that, I guess I better unlock a few more personal quests, still yet to get to 4K. Got to 3950 last month :(

Bad Munki
Nov 4, 2008

We're all mad here.

Yeah, my approach isn't great for upper mid level stuff, but for getting through the low and mid levels it should do great. :)

funktopus
Jan 11, 2009
The idea of cities merging came up a page or so ago, and it's definitely something I want to explore. I feel like condensing the goon cities, and possibly organizing them into low and high activity groups, would be really helpful. I have to imagine every city has a core of highly active members, then a group of less active members (nothing wrong with that, it's a mobile game. I don't expect devotion), and then some inactive people. It'd be cool to, as an example, have a higher tier city and a kind of training city, if that makes sense.
Anyone else agree, or is it just me?

~Coxy
Dec 9, 2003

R.I.P. Inter-OS Sass - b.2000AD d.2003AD
It looks like the minimum item price being implemented perhaps was only done on the client and not the server side. Plenty of auctions up for less than the minimum price presumably from people using hacked clients. Getting pretty annoyed at this now.

norp
Jan 20, 2004

TRUMP TRUMP TRUMP

I think today's update has changed the floors?

I see different values in offers and create offer screens, and I can sell way below the minimum for he high end mats

~Coxy
Dec 9, 2003

Ah, I should update my client then. I'm still hosed since I don't have the inventory space to cancel my Offers.

FireDooley
Apr 30, 2013
Does anyone bother with fusing up mythic ocarinas for questing? Resourceful III sounds solid but the price of those epic and legendary ocarinas could go towards flipping keys and unlocking chests as well...

Bad Munki
Nov 4, 2008

We're all mad here.

Bothered? Yes, many times, at great cost in mats.

Succeeded? No, not even once. The % success is full of lies.

Hughlander
May 11, 2005

FireDooley posted:

Does anyone bother with fusing up mythic ocarinas for questing? Resourceful III sounds solid but the price of those epic and legendary ocarinas could go towards flipping keys and unlocking chests as well...

How solid are flipping keys for gems now? I made off with 4G from the surcharge event. Not really sure what to do with my money since most of my time is just trying to get more Balmungs

FireDooley
Apr 30, 2013
I've been buying dwarvish keys for about 1.1 to 1.4 G and selling those for net 450 crystals after the tax, not sure if there's a better way..those seem to be the only ones you can reliably buy with gold.

Axiem
Oct 19, 2005

I want to leave my mind blank, but I'm terrified of what will happen if I do
I'm out. Have fun y'all. Feel free to sacrifice my slot to an active player.

Bad Munki
Nov 4, 2008

We're all mad here.

Xtanstic could have as many as, I think, 10 slots open. Maybe one or two more, even. Any goon town interested in a merger? Aside from the building levels, which I don't want to try to figure out where they'll be after booting our inactives, we have all the crown jewel city upgrades in the city and crafting categories, as well as a couple others like mana on the resource category (and shortly we'll have jewels there as well.) I only mention that because I have no idea how crown jewel upgrades are handled when a player joins/leaves a city.

Anyhow, we're looking for some warmer bodies and we've got a ton of investments on the city if that interests any of the other still-active goon groups.

norp
Jan 20, 2004

TRUMP TRUMP TRUMP

The crown jewel upgrades stay with the city

~Coxy
Dec 9, 2003

Update's out; if you find your game desyncs refresh your browser or check App Store.

Currently there is a stupid gem offer popup every time you connect. Hopefully they get rid of that soon.

Dragongem
Nov 9, 2009

Heroes of the Storm
Goon Tournament Champion
hey the new patch made a few trade house upgrade slots cost more, and that's mostly it

yeah I think I'm burned out on the game officially, it was doing really well for awhile but they are just running it into the ground now

Dragongem fucked around with this message at 15:39 on Feb 15, 2017

norp
Jan 20, 2004

TRUMP TRUMP TRUMP

I'm pretty sure upgrading craft slots got more expensive too, I was saving for 3k and now the next one is 4K.
I thought I was just remembering wrong

kinkouin
Nov 7, 2014

Dragongem posted:

hey the new patch made a few trade house upgrade slots cost more, and that's mostly it

yeah I think I'm burned out on the game officially, it was doing really well for awhile but they are just running it into the ground now

agreed, probably going to slowly fall off maintaining this game in the coming week. thanks for the fun folks.

norp
Jan 20, 2004

TRUMP TRUMP TRUMP

Dragongem posted:

Given dragongem has given up on the game that means that boatmurdered needs to install a new mayor. I'm happy to do it (I'm rbev) but I'm starting to get a bit burnt out myself.

Failing someone else putting their hand up for the job can anyone who still has their vote on dragongem at least move it to themselves to make flipping the hat easier.

(It might be time to start organising a goon city merger)

Bad Munki
Nov 4, 2008

We're all mad here.

Y'all might want to do a merger with Xtanstic, in one direction or another. We're at about 50% active right now, and the stand-in mayor Boof went idle, so I had to steal the seat back, but now I'm done too. Someone please adopt my poor constituents, or move into our city. Crown jewels invested may be the best deciding factor for what direction a merger goes? I dunno.

unoplank
Aug 3, 2004
I lurk...
Hello. I am unoplank with Boatmurdered. You can vote for me if you like. I play this game at my desk all day and have no plans on quitting as I am a major nerd. I would be honored to be your mayor and I'll do my best to keep our city active without the pollution of pubbies. (full disclosure: I voted for Rbev)

norp
Jan 20, 2004

TRUMP TRUMP TRUMP

That's funny, I had voted for you ;-*

I think boatmurdered has a few pubbies (it's not invite only) so it's hard to work out how many goons are in it. Also most of our roster is still active, just a few key members have gone idle lately.
Does somebody want to tally up Crown Jewels to see which way would be better for merger?

norp fucked around with this message at 00:35 on Feb 28, 2017

Bad Munki
Nov 4, 2008

We're all mad here.

Xtanstic currently has the following city upgrades purchased:

City:
Town Hall (5000)
Inn (2500)
Crafting:
Sorcerer's Tower (1000)
Engineering School (1000)
Miner's Guild (1000)
Trader's Square (1000)
Park (1000)
Forge (1000)
Market (1000)
Resources:
Sawmill (1000)
Mana Beacon (3500)

So all the City upgrades and all the Crafting upgrades. Additionally, we have 3476 jewels in the bank, on the verge of buying the Fine Jewels upgrade.

I have no idea what all that adds up to. I care so I ventured out to the steaming pile of poo poo that is the shop heroes wiki. The total we have invested (including tonight's inevitable Fine Jewels upgrade) is 22,500.

Bad Munki fucked around with this message at 01:44 on Feb 28, 2017

norp
Jan 20, 2004

TRUMP TRUMP TRUMP

Boatmurdered upgrade list is

Temple
Training hall
Fighters guild
Lodge
School of magic
Theirs hideout
Fountain
Fine woods
Cathedral
War college
Theatre
Port

1500 in the bank

I'm on mobile so tallying it up is a bit hard

unoplank
Aug 3, 2004
I lurk...

norp posted:

Boatmurdered upgrade list is

Temple
Training hall
Fighters guild
Lodge
School of magic
Theirs hideout
Fountain
Fine woods
Cathedral
War college
Theatre
Port

1500 in the bank

I'm on mobile so tallying it up is a bit hard

Total is 22,594 including the bank.

Bad Munki
Nov 4, 2008

We're all mad here.

Ha, so basically, y'all went for questing upgrades, while Xtanstic went for production upgrades, and the funding is almost identical. So I guess it's just a matter of picking which boosts you want the most. :P

~Coxy
Dec 9, 2003

Boatmurdered has a bunch of pubbies, and Xtanstic is only goons?
If that's the case, it might be easiest for the goons in Boatmurdered to jump across.

I have no particular allegiance since I'm a transplant from (the dead) Murderville.

Bad Munki
Nov 4, 2008

We're all mad here.

Yeah, Xtanstic is only goons, all invites happened through this thread. Oh, I think except one dude's wife or something.

Any idea how many goons are coming over?

Axiem
Oct 19, 2005

I want to leave my mind blank, but I'm terrified of what will happen if I do
My wife, but she's a goon who just doesn't post much.

...why am I still following this thread?

Paper Kaiju
Dec 5, 2010

atomic breadth

Axiem posted:

My wife, but she's a goon who just doesn't post much.

...why am I still following this thread?

Or my wife, who is the same.

Bad Munki
Nov 4, 2008

We're all mad here.

Wait, he's following the thread because of your wife? Well that's odd.

Hughlander
May 11, 2005

Add me as a third. I think her one and only SA post was this thread for a boatmurder invite.

Bad Munki
Nov 4, 2008

We're all mad here.

Well, if a merger into Xtanstic is in the cards, just start feeding me player IDs and I'll make room for them as I invite.

norp
Jan 20, 2004

TRUMP TRUMP TRUMP

Well we definitely aren't in a dire situation, we've only missed the gem reward (the new one) recently when one of our ~2k raiders left and dragongem went idle.

We currently have 3 idle for over a week and 5 idle for 2-4 days.

unoplank
Aug 3, 2004
I lurk...
Any merger should also take place after the city raid is over, as I don't think you can participate if you have moved cities within 24 hours of the start time.

kinkouin
Nov 7, 2014

norp posted:

We currently have 3 idle for over a week and 5 idle for 2-4 days.

I'm guilty as one of those. Game has burned me out, feel free to leave me in boatmurdered to wallow in my own pity.

Garcin
Jun 15, 2000
I am still playing but have been taking frequent breaks. I blame Titan Quest on mobile. Also I finally got into "Shameless" (US) and I can't stop watching.

Good Citizen
Aug 12, 2008

trump trump trump trump trump trump trump trump trump trump

Garcin posted:

I am still playing but have been taking frequent breaks. I blame Titan Quest on mobile. Also I finally got into "Shameless" (US) and I can't stop watching.

Wait titan quest is on mobile? Well gently caress this game then

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

kinkouin
Nov 7, 2014

Good Citizen posted:

Wait titan quest is on mobile? Well gently caress this game then

https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.dotemu.titanquest&hl=en

Seems like it. But I'm too stingy for 9 bux for a game I already beat several times on PC :v:

• Locked thread