Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
unoplank
Aug 3, 2004
I lurk...

Bad Munki posted:

Well, if a merger into Xtanstic is in the cards, just start feeding me player IDs and I'll make room for them as I invite.

unoplank#21756 , I will join once city raid is complete.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Bad Munki
Nov 4, 2008

We're all mad here.

I think the merger manager got go the other way at this point, Xtanstic is pretty quiet.

unoplank
Aug 3, 2004
I lurk...
Dragongem is MIA and we don't have enough actives to change the mayor slot haha.

Bad Munki
Nov 4, 2008

We're all mad here.

Oh, ha. Okay, well, whatever needs to happen then. I'm basically just staying around to make sure we don't get the same situation in Xtanstic. I'll start sending invites Monday, if anyone else is in on this, post you id here.

Hughlander
May 11, 2005

Can we leave Chris behind? L39 and 14 raid points each week for the past 6...

norp
Jan 20, 2004

TRUMP TRUMP TRUMP

let's invade New Zealand, they have oil
Rbev#34595

This is now the second city I've had to abandon because of an idle mayor that can't be flipped

~Coxy
Dec 9, 2003

R.I.P. Inter-OS Sass - b.2000AD d.2003AD
James#27425 tia

Deliciouscesium
Apr 10, 2012
Looking to transfer to Xtanstic. ID is dcesium#39979.

Good Citizen
Aug 12, 2008

trump trump trump trump trump trump trump trump trump trump
good citizen#38158 ready to go

Bad Munki
Nov 4, 2008

We're all mad here.

Sent out invites for the ids up to here.

norp posted:

Rbev#34595

Player doesn't exist, try again?

YES bread
Jun 16, 2006
breadnaught#87626 ready for hot merging action

norp
Jan 20, 2004

TRUMP TRUMP TRUMP

Bad Munki posted:

Sent out invites for the ids up to here.

Player doesn't exist, try again?

Sorry transposed a digit rbev#35495

Bad Munki
Nov 4, 2008

We're all mad here.

YES bread posted:

breadnaught#87626 ready for hot merging action

norp posted:

Sorry transposed a digit rbev#35495

Sent and sent.

e: vvvvv Sent.

Bad Munki fucked around with this message at 03:56 on Mar 13, 2017

Hughlander
May 11, 2005

Hughlander#52690.

soft kitty
Dec 7, 2012
Heidi#80832

Sormus
Jul 24, 2007

PREVENT SPACE-AIDS
sanitize your lovebot
between users :roboluv:
Just re-found this game. Gee i hope nobody sends me town invites or anything: sormus#23668

Dragongem
Nov 9, 2009

Heroes of the Storm
Goon Tournament Champion

unoplank posted:

Dragongem is MIA and we don't have enough actives to change the mayor slot haha.

Oh, blast. Am I still needed for something?

Bad Munki
Nov 4, 2008

We're all mad here.

I think it's taken care of, I stole your peeps, they joined the Xtanstic cult. :)

feller
Jul 5, 2006

I'm just starting and would like to be in a town please! zoik#36322

norp
Jan 20, 2004

TRUMP TRUMP TRUMP

It's probably a good idea to level to at least 25 in pubbie towns. You won't be able to level your heros and workers with cash in the goon cities with maxed buildings.

Bad Munki
Nov 4, 2008

We're all mad here.

Finally beat this game and deleted it from my phone now that Xtanstic has some new blood and a fresh mayor. You're on your own, folks! Boot me when you wanna. :)

unoplank
Aug 3, 2004
I lurk...

Senor Dog posted:

norp is correct, joining our town won't be much benefit to you, but if you want to join before level 25 you are welcome to, just let me know.

CrashCat
Jan 10, 2003

another shit post

Bad Munki posted:

Finally beat this game and deleted it from my phone now that Xtanstic has some new blood and a fresh mayor. You're on your own, folks! Boot me when you wanna. :)

Congrats on winning another mobile game :clint:

feller
Jul 5, 2006

unoplank posted:

norp is correct, joining our town won't be much benefit to you, but if you want to join before level 25 you are welcome to, just let me know.

Gotcha. I'm at 12 now and it seems like levelin has super slowed down so I'll check back in like a week when I am ready

unoplank
Aug 3, 2004
I lurk...

Senor Dog posted:

Gotcha. I'm at 12 now and it seems like levelin has super slowed down so I'll check back in like a week when I am ready

Yeah, it slows down quite a bit after 20 as well, the problem with joining a high level city is you can't really afford to donate to any of the buildings to get the personal boost for that building, which defeats the point of being in a city in the first place. We have plenty of in-actives to boot when you are ready to join though.

Good Citizen
Aug 12, 2008

unoplank posted:

Yeah, it slows down quite a bit after 20 as well, the problem with joining a high level city is you can't really afford to donate to any of the buildings to get the personal boost for that building, which defeats the point of being in a city in the first place. We have plenty of in-actives to boot when you are ready to join though.

The increased resource gain evens that disadvantage out at the early levels in my opinion

norp
Jan 20, 2004

TRUMP TRUMP TRUMP

Even without the increased hero levels from pumping cash into levels? If you can't level your heros you will run out of quest materials.
Hero level is a hard cap on XP gain because of the +/- 5 (or is it 10?) item level restriction

unoplank
Aug 3, 2004
I lurk...
I dunno if the disadvantage is that bad or not, but I did let him know he is welcome to join at anytime, just give the word.

Good Citizen
Aug 12, 2008

norp posted:

Even without the increased hero levels from pumping cash into levels? If you can't level your heros you will run out of quest materials.
Hero level is a hard cap on XP gain because of the +/- 5 (or is it 10?) item level restriction

I haven't mathed anything out but I think that especially if you're sitting around poking at the game instead of idling most of the time, the bigger concern early on is getting enough gold and unlocking buildings to buy the higher tier heroes. Their innate power will boost you faster than dumping gold into leveling your early heroes, and you'll also have more teams running at once. Gold leveling seems to work better with the big guns. For the little guys I just attach them as the last member of a stronger team and if they die then ehhhhhhhhhh whatever.

norp
Jan 20, 2004

TRUMP TRUMP TRUMP

Good Citizen posted:

I haven't mathed anything out but I think that especially if you're sitting around poking at the game instead of idling most of the time, the bigger concern early on is getting enough gold and unlocking buildings to buy the higher tier heroes. Their innate power will boost you faster than dumping gold into leveling your early heroes, and you'll also have more teams running at once. Gold leveling seems to work better with the big guns. For the little guys I just attach them as the last member of a stronger team and if they die then ehhhhhhhhhh whatever.

True. I guess I didn't really start investing much till quests started being ineffective levelling.

We could also probably smurf them by picking an item we can make trivially in bulk that they can sell to heros for shopkeeper xp. The raid rewards from that will provide quite a bit of cash

unoplank
Aug 3, 2004
I lurk...

Senor Dog posted:

invite sent! use city request to request some items no more than 7 levels above your highest heroes level and watch the xp roll in.

norp
Jan 20, 2004

TRUMP TRUMP TRUMP

City request has a pretty harsh cooldown, so request quite a few in one go.

FireDooley
Apr 30, 2013
I would like an invite if y'all still have room, my city is falling apart, people quitting...blue eats larb#43560.

Bad Munki
Nov 4, 2008

We're all mad here.

You know what the best part about this game is these days?

not playing :smug::smug::smug::smug::smug:

~Coxy
Dec 9, 2003

R.I.P. Inter-OS Sass - b.2000AD d.2003AD

Bad Munki posted:

You know what the best part about this game is these days?

not playing :smug::smug::smug::smug::smug:

With Firefox updating itself to 64 bit so Unity doesn't work anymore, and the WebGL version running out of memory every 2 minutes, you may be right...

VVV Sad!

~Coxy fucked around with this message at 01:38 on Mar 24, 2017

norp
Jan 20, 2004

TRUMP TRUMP TRUMP

~Coxy posted:

With Firefox updating itself to 64 bit so Unity doesn't work anymore, and the WebGL version running out of memory every 2 minutes, you may be right...

Some of us have only ever played it on mobile

unoplank
Aug 3, 2004
I lurk...

FireDooley posted:

I would like an invite if y'all still have room, my city is falling apart, people quitting...blue eats larb#43560.

"The player you tried to invite doesn't exist."

FireDooley
Apr 30, 2013

unoplank posted:

"The player you tried to invite doesn't exist."

unoplank
Aug 3, 2004
I lurk...

Sent.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

norp
Jan 20, 2004

TRUMP TRUMP TRUMP

http://forum.shopheroesgame.com/viewtopic.php?f=10&t=8192&sid=64401887975c4faa28efab316511b61d

Lol, most of those changes are terrible.

Removing the idle timer on profiles seems like the dumbest thing ever.

• Locked thread