Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Klungar
Feb 12, 2008

Klungo make bessst ever video game, 'Hero Klungo Sssavesss Teh World.'

Sirbloody posted:

Just to clarify there is no way to trade gems for straight gold right? I have like 500ish gems (I did buy the $5 newbie pack).

You can buy keys for gems and sell them for gold, but there is no direct exchange, no.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Cbear
Mar 22, 2005
I feel like I'm stagnating trying to save for the 25m shop upgrade. The only time I seem to really gain gold is when I do cart quests for keys, then sell them.

Any advice at this level for things to sell? (22ish)

Telex
Feb 11, 2003

Okay, here's a pro-tip/exploit for poo poo tons of XP.

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1yOLklDGX2LmndWKvQuRYkAOO0WqHsudv8kvEhLWx_so/htmlview?sle=true

that's a sweet rear end spreadsheet with XP values for selling items.

Buy a whole mess of some of the items that come from chests at or around your characters levels such that they'd ask for or be easily persuaded to buy them. (for me, Vorpal Sword right now). You get XP for selling items, not for crafting them. Only your crafters get that XP, so if you're like me and all your poo poo's maxed out anyway, who gives a gently caress if your crafter gets more points you can't use.

Buy the rack for that item. Level it up a few times so you're getting a lot of hearts every time you sell a sword or whatever your item of choice. Then force everyone to buy that item if they're of the type that would use it if you can.

You lose plenty of money (I think it's been around 4x losses, so I'm out net 750k) but considering the "win" for getting to L23 was another Leather Key for 2.25 mil, I'm ahead on the deal. These things tend to be a little or a lot overpriced so you may have to hunt for your particular thing to sell I guess, but it's worth it to me.

I don't know how or if this is gonna screw me over later, but if it gets me to that extra worker slot tonight instead of next week I'm happy to semi-cheat to do this.

CrashCat
Jan 10, 2003

another shit post

Sirbloody posted:

Just to clarify there is no way to trade gems for straight gold right? I have like 500ish gems (I did buy the $5 newbie pack).
Correct, that's the whole reason for that dumb chart, to help you pick which key to buy with gems to sell for gold. You could buy something else with gems and sell that for gold but it would be much less stable, and the conversion rates are usually garbage because people price things lower in gold than in gems for some reason. Maybe because they don't know how much you can get for a gem :shrug:

Suran37
Feb 28, 2009

Sirbloody posted:

Best use for gems in my opinion is upgrading quest and craft slots.
Creating slot allows you to auto-craft lower level required items.
Questing slot will auto-complete so your heroes immediately rest on completion.

Skyl3lazer
Aug 27, 2007

[Dooting Stealthily]

Ok, someone invite me then. Skyl3lazer#30597

Nitis
Mar 22, 2003

Amused? I think not.

Suran37 posted:

Questing slot will auto-complete so your heroes immediately rest on completion.

I had to read this a few times, and look it up.

Just to clarify, they will *begin* to rest upon quest completion. I had read it as be rested when the quest was over.

I have one pre-craft slot, and almost 1500 gems burning a hole in my bank. More precraft slots? Will questing become more prevalent as I get higher in level (22, currently)?

glickeroo
Nov 2, 2004

Skyl3lazer posted:

I'll wait for the 10 days to pass then, I think I'm 6 or so in already.

Xanstic is producing between 390-470 base resources an hour. Whatever you've invested is not worth it to keep.

Koryk
Jun 5, 2007
I just started playing as well, can I get an invite to Xanstic?

tyler#38358

Bad Munki
Nov 4, 2008

We're all mad here.

Koryk posted:

I just started playing as well, can I get an invite to Xanstic?

tyler#38358

We had an 8-day-inactive lowbie on the roster, so I was able to boot him and make space. Invite sent. Otherwise, we're currently full at the moment.

Phosphene
Aug 11, 2008
I'M NOT TRYING TO GET BIG AND BULKY OKAY WE ALL FAIL DIFFERENT GOALS
Yeeeeeeesh this game. Invite to anything with space Phosphene#38726

Vulpes
Nov 13, 2002

Well, shit.

Bad Munki posted:

We had an 8-day-inactive lowbie on the roster, so I was able to boot him and make space. Invite sent. Otherwise, we're currently full at the moment.

If that was me (Stacker) then good, I was about to ask to be booted. Game wasn't as fun as I expected. If it wasn't me, feel free to boot me as well!

Bad Munki
Nov 4, 2008

We're all mad here.

Yeah, I think it was. Cheers! :)

CrashCat
Jan 10, 2003

another shit post

Nitis posted:

I have one pre-craft slot, and almost 1500 gems burning a hole in my bank. More precraft slots? Will questing become more prevalent as I get higher in level (22, currently)?
While you should probably always have everyone out questing as often as you can, because it's still income, the changes to quest artifact loot have kind of soured me on pushing those upgrades. At level 32 currently and I can sort of justify the one upgraded quest slot I got for my 'best' team but the lower teams just don't make me feel I can justify that cost.

If this were before that patch when even low mats sometimes went for insane prices I would consider it, but the upgrades were patched in about the same time. Now low mats sell for poo poo all and even most of the high mats sell for poo poo all.

Axiem
Oct 19, 2005

I want to leave my mind blank, but I'm terrified of what will happen if I do
I'm not sure why people are saying mats sell for such low money. I've had no trouble making bank off of them, selling a lot of them for the maximum amount the game will let me.

I find having an auto-craft spot useful, as a way of quickly making something that has dependencies without having to babysit. But I also am trying to pretty rigorously get things to Mastered if they're used in future recipes because I'm like that.

CrashCat
Jan 10, 2003

another shit post

Axiem posted:

I'm not sure why people are saying mats sell for such low money. I've had no trouble making bank off of them, selling a lot of them for the maximum amount the game will let me.
The very lowest ones are rarely farmed enough that you can pretty much get max or near max level, so those are helpful, when they're level appropriate for you.

The stuff at my level has been cut to 1-10% of normal so I absolutely have to use upgraded trade slots to make anywhere near the same money with them. And because I have to go through a huge stack to get that amount I'm often getting undercut before even the first ten items out of the stack are gone, so the upgrade is actually useless and I just make less money for more babysitting.

This is of course because everyone who has upgraded trade slots can relist with no time penalty, so it basically is just a war of attrition to see who gets tired of undercutting. If you don't have the upgrade you're locked into the price that just got undercut so the slot is worthless most of the day until the cancel time limit expires.

sure okay
Apr 7, 2006

Just invited more dudes from this thread.

We have a couple more spaces still.

Pesterchum
Nov 8, 2009

clown car to hell choo choo

Cession posted:

Just invited more dudes from this thread.

We have a couple more spaces still.

Rad, invite pesterchum#12527 and catsworth#41836 if you would

Null1fy
Sep 11, 2001

Here's a guide nobody asked for in terms of optimizing play for this dumb game

Shop Heroes is at face value an incredibly simple freemium investment per time per gain style game. The complexity develops if and when you decide to transition from it being a fun game to play while you take a poo poo, to obsessively micromanaging your crafts every 5 to 15 minutes, all day, every day. Don't judge me. I started playing around September of last year and I spent a few months playing the wrong way - especially for how often I played. Let me help you learn from my mistakes!

It should be no surprise that when it comes to freemium games, the perks of paying are going to set you far further ahead than if you don't spend any money. Shop Heroes is no exception. One package in particular has allowed the gap to narrow between the top wealthiest individuals and new players, which is explained at the end of this guide in the 'printing press' discussion under advanced play. The management team likes to point at a few free-to-play players ranked in the top 25 in defending the practicality of remaining free-to-play but those players are the exception, and by large margin you're going to get far more mileage out of the game by chipping in a few bones to the CloudCade pot.

I'm going to tailor this guide toward those of you looking to pursue efficiently playing the active time management style. Active and inactive time management are the two styles of play this game supports, and active time management is always going to yield higher results than inactive time management. In this guide I'll provide a few general tips, an introductory guide to set you in the right direction, and I'll finish off by covering some of the more 'advanced' play in the game.

Some Tips

Regardless of if you decide to stay free-to-play or pay there are a few things you should do:
  • Try to get into an established city. Goon cities are almost always recruiting. Access to T2 and T3 workers will help considerably. T1 workers only have 5 skill points per level. T2 get 7 per level and T3 get 10. One T3 worker is the equivalent of two T1 workers!
  • Save your blueprint fragments. Wooden and leather chest recipes become extremely easy to obtain if you plan appropriately, and there are no recipes you will be able to take full advantage of early on to profit off of or to equip your heroes with.
  • Save your wooden and leather keys and gems. The gems are going to help you purchase some premium content and the keys unlock some solid recipes you will want to start working on, once discovered. It isn't until iron keys that you get a decent amount of money worth listing on the market.
  • Not all recipes are created equal. There are recipes that are used as precrafts to popular higher level recipes that will sell faster, and for more money, on the marketplace. I focus this guide on one crafting strategy that better utilizes your early game to progress faster into the midgame.
  • In the beginning, do not purchase items of higher quality than 'good' for your heroes. Early on 3.0% break chance items are going to be destroyed beyond belief and you'll be questioning CloudCade's scripting integrity. If you do put any epic quality items on your heroes, pay special attention to how soon they (the hero's) level. Break chance is calculated after they level up, meaning a 0% break chance epic might become a 0.5-1.0% break chance after they level.
  • Selling your resources generally outweighs crafting items using them, with the exception of popular recipes. Resources are going to be one of your most direct avenues of income until you have a "money printer" item (one that sells quickly on the trade house, or of high value to heroes).
  • You are best served focusing on one or two items for your first set of workers. Focus placing skill points into the skills required to bring down the crafting time on a few select recipes.
  • Music is disproportionately better than any other item type. Pound for pound you will not get as much return from any other item line than music.
  • On Fusing: it is generally accepted that the best route to mythic is the following: 2 normal-> good; 2 good-> great; 2 great-> flawless; 2 flawless-> epic; 3 epic-> legendary; 4-5 legendary-> mythic.

Starting Out

The goal here is to conserve, conserve, conserve. It's going to be tempting to spend like crazy the first twenty or so levels because you level quickly, are rewarded with quite a lot relative to your income, and the game encourages expanding beyond what your income-per-growth supports. So don't. You only need enough shop space to have the following:

• 3 Wood Bins
  • 3 Hardwood Bins
  • 3 Leather Bins
  • Sawbench
  • Sewing Table
  • Arts and Crafts Station
  • 1-2 Storage Furniture
  • Fusion Cauldron
  • 2 Music Rack
  • Carpenter on Woodworking
  • Leatherworker on Textile Working
  • Tailor on Arts and Crafts
With everything above, you need at minimum the 4th shop upgrade which is very easily achieved within the first day of playing. The first goal is to unlock harps. Harps master at 'good' quality, meaning every exceptional craft (great or better) is instant profit in either gems or max-coin pricing. Selling them for gems will take a little longer, but yield slightly more income. Every 17 great harps can sell for 2 gems a pop, buying you a leather key that can be flipped for 2.5 million on the trade house instantly. The flip-side is that the great harps will also sell for max coin on the trade house instantly, so you can pick whichever way to unload them you prefer. Make use of your fusion cauldron to upgrade those good quality harps into great ones!

Considering how often you can craft harps, level your resource bins and workstations to best support your worker's skill level and ability to continuously craft them. The name of the game is streamlined business - when you're not spending resources, you're not making money. It is also a good time to increase the number of crafting slots. I think that 5 to 6 should be easily obtainable on harp profits. Once you're earning some steady income on harps, the hands-down best method of leveling is going to be buying flawless quality items within the purchasing level range of your heroes off of the trade house. I believe heroes can purchase items 7 levels higher than themselves and you want to offload the highest level, highest quality, items that you can as they yield more experience. Chest-unlocked blueprint items provide more experience to your shop but will cost more on the trade house given their rarity.

Eventually your income-per-shop growth is going to be stunted from harp sales and you'll be ready to advance to Nordic lutes. Nordic lutes don't master at any higher quality, but any exceptional craft that you make is going to be insane profit. Right now on the trade house good lutes request around 300,000 and greats request around 850,000. Greats can also just as easily sell for 5-7 gems meaning you can start to save up for iron keys to convert your gems over to coin at about 65-68 gems per 20,000,000 gold. Nordic lutes might actually beat out golden strings in crafting time per profit now, as well.

Intermediate Play

This is the part where I started to notice a big pull toward spending real dollars. Items begin to diminish in reward-versus-investment, and the time spent crafting advanced items for less money is less efficient than continuing to crank out pre-crafts that fetch premium. It's your call on whether to spend money at this point, but I'll guide you toward the best ways to fund CloudCade on a budget should you decide to feed their machine.

First let's continue with our game plan on not caving in to giving our hard earned bones to the corporate overlords, and instead going au naturel. The goal is to get to golden strings which require the following skills:
  • Woodworking
  • Arts and Crafts
  • Magic
  • Rune Writing
  • Textile Working
  • Jewelry
Additionally, you will have to place a workstation for the Metalworking required to craft silvered flutes, two recipes prior to unlocking golden strings. The big inhibitor here will be the worker slots. Up to five workers will feel manageable however, that 6th worker costing discounted around 38,000,000 is going to be a big investment. I encouraged you to previously save everything as the conserved keys and gems at this point might help ease the burden of expansion costs if you need to convert over some of that 'premium' inventory into coin. However, I am confident that through city raiding and conservative saving, the expenses will be manageable without having to dip into your savings.

Golden strings currently request around 650,000 standard, 750,000 good, 3,500,000 great and 10,000,000 flawless. That's some serious scrill. You for sure want that easy 10 million from flawless, so you're going to need to set your workers up in such a way that promotes an increased yield of higher quality items. So now you have an added focus in your game plan: Mastery. I recommend the following six workers:
  • Sculptor on Jewelry and Mastery
  • Seamstress on Textile Working and Mastery
  • Artisan on Arts and Crafts and Mastery
  • Luthier on Woodworking and Mastery
  • Wizard on Rune Writing and Mastery
  • Sorceress on Magic and Mastery
With each worker 1-for-1 invested in their respective skill and mastery, they will each quickly level to support in excess of 100 in their skill and mastery. 600 mastery is going to be a big game changer. You're going to notice around a quarter to half of your crafts begin to bump up in quality. Further, that setup minimizes the crafting time for golden strings increasing your revenue. At this point I expect you to have a solid grasp on the shop-side of the game and how to upgrade to best serve your crafting demands.

Advanced Play

I'm going to cover income generation, optimal worker and shop setups, adventuring parties, and unlocking blueprints to equip your heroes with. Optimization is the real meat and potatoes of Shop Heroes. It also takes the most time to see noticeable returns on. I'm talking weeks-to-months of play, or longer without investing any money.

Creating a printing press

The hayday of making insane money from keys, roulette wheel spinning, and any other prior strategy are long past. Now everyone is on an even playing field with the option of either crafting wisdom ocarenas, or frostfire harps if you're lucky to have gotten the blueprint; both of which are music line crafts. See what I meant by music being disproportionate? And believe it or not, you can actually become a top-tier player with incredible luck and savvy saving by unlocking frostfire harp from a dwarvish chest (GOOD LUCK!) without having spent a single dollar on the game.Those flawless golden strings that go for premium are the precrafts to frostfire harps, by the way. So unless you've established a steady gem income to open the dwarvish chests to fish for frostfire harps, the wisdom ocarena is your only practical option. The ocarena is a premium content blueprint which means spending $20 on the Wizard Package and it's the very last blueprint unlocked. Valkyrie's wisdom (the staff) is no simple craft and it takes some time getting the flawless ice staves to unlock the ocarenas. And, once you finally have them unlocked, you need a hero that can equip them at level 40 (Azula was my first to 40) to even sell them to your heroes. If you have a hero like Alicia or Azula even able to reach level 40 in your town, my best advice is to save as many ocarenas as you can while waiting for your heroes to catch up. You will always be able to sell a few immediately for a fair price on the trade house request section however, each one sold on the trade house won't contribute to the massive shop experience gained when otherwise sold to your heroes.

Optimal worker and shop setups

For workers:
  • Seamstress on Textile Working/Mastery
  • Alchemist on Alchemy/Mastery
  • Artisan on Arts and Crafts and Mastery
  • Giant* on Rune Writing/Mastery
  • Luthier on Woodworking/Mastery
  • Master on Weaponcrafting/Mastery
  • Wizard on Magic/Mastery
  • Sculptor on Jewelry/Mastery

*Substitute the Giant for the Sorceress and have her level Magic instead of the Wizard, if you don't have the Advanced Shopfare package. Cut the Master if you can't afford the 8th worker slot; you won't need him to craft music items. Tinkering, Armormaking and Metalworking aren't leveled at all in this build so when crafting items that use them, it's best to boost the town buildings that cover those skills. In my town we basically keep every skill building boosted 24/7. Currently I have about 1700 mastery with the above setup, and there are people in my town with nearly 2000 with the same workers nearly maxed out. The giant is so, so good. I'd say that the 5% crafting speed bonus is pretty minor but him as a tier 4 worker and the blueprints he provides (especially Balmung at endgame) are incredible. Support II doesn't exist on any other item, and legendary is not that difficult to fuse in the current era of the game.

When it comes to optimizing your shop; once your workstations support your worker's skill levels (plus boosts from town buildings) and your resource racks can support nearly-continuous crafting of your big ticket items, I say expand and upgrade as necessary. I currently have the 1.5G shop upgrade I'm still trying to level the recent item racks I added to my shop, so I'm pretty comfortable at that size right now. I focused on my fusion cauldron, workstations and resource racks all in about equal measure, then I completed my counter, resource racks, storage bins and now finally the lesser utilized item racks.

The extra fusion cauldron slots are indisputably the best gem purchases you can make. It quadruples your fusion productivity and it can't be upgraded any other way than by spending gems. I cannot emphasize how important these upgrades are. And it sucks that it's a gem-only purchase because the second best gem purchase, advanced crafting slots, are huge convenience upgrades. I am so spoiled by my six slots, and once I finish off my golden chest blueprints I'm going to start converting my golden keys into gems to finish off the remaining three.

I would say only purchase one advanced trade slot, if any and none of the advanced quest slots. The advanced quest slots will help early game but you will absolutely regret spending the gems later on when your heroes are fully energetic (100% rested after quest completion). The trade slot is fine if resources are your main form of income but I'm still not sure the 1000 gems are best spent here before you max out your cauldron and crafting slots.

Adventuring parties

I royally messed this one up for the longest time by not taking advantage of my heroes skills. There's really only basic setups and 'holy poo poo we're balls to the walls decked out to wreck major face' setups when it comes to heroes. Until you've got a solid printing press I'd advise to just adventure as normal while modestly working on getting wooden and leather chest blueprints unlocked. Basically three things need to fall into place to optimize your heroes: the hero's buildings need to be high enough level to unlock their 3 level-based skills (Oneira and Louca might give you issues), you'll need to have a few blueprints unlocked and mastered, and you're going to actually need to have the items at a high enough quality to utilize their effects. I use two teams of six heroes:
  • Alicia as leader
  • Louca
  • Odette
  • Kuro shobi
  • Azula
  • Oneira
and
  • Darthos as leader
  • Kurul
  • Lancaster
  • Edward
  • Mojian
  • Albert

The all-male team is going to be way, way more difficult to equip so let's focus on the female team. I think the best way to introduce the concept of infinitely sustainable teams is to explain a few key skills. Note: skills, in percentage, are additive in their effects unless specified as unique (i.e. you may only have one instance of Thunderbolt on a character).
  • Energetic reduces the resting time by a fixed percentage. Alicia is able to be sent back out immediately once she completes a quest; Alicia is 100% energetic.
  • Support prevents the specified number of items on other companions from breaking. Items are rolled for breakage after all modifiers are applied (hero level, % break reductions, etc) from left to right on the hero party stack. What that means is early on when you have fewer high quality items of low break percentages, you want to place your heroes on your hero stack with low chances of breaking an item closer to the front of the stack, ending with your most fragile heroes at the end. Prior to having unbreakable teams, I placed Louca in the 5th slot and Oneira in the 6th slot.
  • Survival is a bit mysterious. The theory is that it takes a fixed % (to fail) off of the top when calculating the failure rate of individual party members. No one likes a downed party member, especially on the tier 3 quests that can have up to 20 hour recovery windows, so it's a very important skill to have as much of as possible in your team that their gear may provide. Darthos and Alicia are the only leaders that increase survival by 25%.
  • Healer reduces companions' recovery time when injured by a fixed %. It's posited that healing caps at around 90% (so that you can't have instant recovery on downed heroes). Whatever it may be, the sooner your dudes are back fighting the good fight, the better.
  • Resourceful prevents a fixed number of items on your dude from breaking. Stick your lovely break chance percentage items on them. I had 2, 20% break chance, items on Kuro shobi when I first made the female team (falcon eye and moonwalkers for energetic) and never had a single break.

So how do we stack the female team to our advantage using these skills?

Remember way back when, when I told you to hang onto those keys? Now you're going to be thanking yourself for holding onto them. You're going to go fishing for blueprints. I wish I had someone tell me when I first started out to hang onto my blueprint fragments. Now especially, with the implementation of city raids, it's almost criminal to spend your fragments on anything less than golden chest blueprints. If you can stomach the tedium, get your phone or tablet and put on some good movies or tv series Saturday and Sunday, and fixate on the trade house key and chest window. Refresh the window like it's going out of style and you'll be amazed at the influx of keys trading hands on an hourly basis. You have to be quick to snatch them up - they sell in a second(s). There's really no other way to cost-efficiently unlock those early recipes. If you're not able to snipe keys on the trade house the only other option is to use the more expensive option in gems to get them. I've completely filled out my wooden, leather and iron chest blueprint line by sniping keys from the trade house. I'm nearly done with golden chest blueprints.

What you're trying to find are the following:
  • Colored Powder level 8 remedy, Energetic I at flawless.
  • Falcon Eye level 8 bow, Energetic I at flawless.
  • Moon Walkers level 15 footwear, Energetic I at flawless.
  • Lion Boots level 12 boots, Leader I at legendary.
Equip your female team like so:
  • Alicia legendary lion boots.
  • Louca flawless+ moon walkers, flawless+ colored powder.*
  • Kuro shobi flawless moon walkers, flawless falcon eye.
  • Odette flawless+ moon walkers, flawless+ falcon eye.*
  • Azula flawless+ moon walkers, flawless+ colored powder.*
  • Oneira flawless+ falcon eye, flawless+ moon walkers.*
* + denotes using items of higher than referenced quality, when possible.

That's a pretty good basic starter setup. You *might* get a break if you use only flawless however, with 5 instances of support you are very unlikely to break. Do not equip more than those items unless you have epic+ quality items with 0% break chance until most of your gear is sub-5% break chance. You're not going to be a happy camper if that legendary item you spent a day or two fusing up breaks because you over-equipped your heroes. I think with the bare-bones equipment package listed above I could do the Floating Island or Pyramid with the ladies. I also might have put a few sub-2.0% break chance items on Oneira to bump up her power to make her more resilient on the harder quests.

The male team isn't much different, they just require far more items and of higher quality. You're looking at needing, minimum, legendary qualities on Noble Plates, Moon Boots (not to be confused with Moon Walkers), Falcon Eyes, and Colored Powders to get your break percentages down low enough, and instances of support high enough, to enable a nearly-unbreakable all male energetic team.

End

That's about all of the wisdom I've got to impart onto you, dudes and dudettes. I hope you got something out of this otherwise I was a big toolbag for wasting my time writing this poo poo up. And it did take some time. Feel free to ask questions if I didn't cover something you were hoping to read up on. I'm pretty active on the forums and especially this dumb game. Too bad it doesn't have private messaging.

Null1fy fucked around with this message at 00:43 on Apr 22, 2016

Ghostlight
Sep 25, 2009

maybe for one second you can pause; try to step into another person's perspective, and understand that a watermelon is cursing me

You don't mention the supply quests - are they just not worth doing compared to cranking instruments 24/7, or is there a good strategy like telling the requester to bugger off then stocking up on the sly before they get back?

Null1fy
Sep 11, 2001

Ghostlight posted:

You don't mention the supply quests - are they just not worth doing compared to cranking instruments 24/7, or is there a good strategy like telling the requester to bugger off then stocking up on the sly before they get back?

In my experience it's truly really difficult to get urgent requests in your favor. I almost always just outsource to the trade house when approached by one I don't have in my inventory. And often, they request items I have that I want no business selling to them. I've been trying for weeks to get an urgent request on epic quality ocarenas and instead they always want twilight flutes and ancient horns. It's a neat system, but completely unpredictable and not something you should warp your crafting around.

Klungar
Feb 12, 2008

Klungo make bessst ever video game, 'Hero Klungo Sssavesss Teh World.'

Null1fy posted:

In my experience it's truly really difficult to get urgent requests in your favor. I almost always just outsource to the trade house when approached by one I don't have in my inventory. And often, they request items I have that I want no business selling to them. I've been trying for weeks to get an urgent request on epic quality ocarenas and instead they always want twilight flutes and ancient horns. It's a neat system, but completely unpredictable and not something you should warp your crafting around.

I think he means cart requests. Thanks for the guide, not sure how much I can implement at this point but I'll try!

Null1fy
Sep 11, 2001

Klungar posted:

I think he means cart requests. Thanks for the guide, not sure how much I can implement at this point but I'll try!

OH! Hell yeah they're great! But I'd probably just buy the items needed to fulfill them. It's been a minute since I last did any of them, but I think up until you get to the iron key+ requests the cost on the trade house isn't that pricey compared to the reward. The only issue with trying to craft around them is that you're going to need a lot of storage space to hold onto the items, and they come around only so often. It's kind-of a trap.

Dragongem
Nov 9, 2009

Heroes of the Storm
Goon Tournament Champion
I do have a spot open in Boatmurdered if someone needs it.

CrashCat
Jan 10, 2003

another shit post

Null1fy posted:

Save your blueprint fragments. Wooden and leather chest recipes become extremely easy to obtain if you plan appropriately, and there are no recipes you will be able to take full advantage of early on to profit off of or to equip your heroes with.
Can you elaborate on this a bit? I guess I never thought of trying to get chests instead of plowing through fragments to get past the first items in a fragment line. Most of the stuff I got from the one line I did put fragments into was garbage anyway.

Sloober
Apr 1, 2011

Dragongem posted:

I do have a spot open in Boatmurdered if someone needs it.

I'm lookin for a better city,

ID spoonys#71944

currently L28

Bad Munki
Nov 4, 2008

We're all mad here.

Xtanstic might be able to make some space, I was gonna look at the idlers today anyhow.

e: Yeah, there we go, a month-long idler with just over a hundred million in city contributions, YOU'RE OUTTA HERE! Invite sent.

Bad Munki fucked around with this message at 14:36 on Apr 14, 2016

Sloober
Apr 1, 2011
Sweet, now i have a new location to flood the market with lutes

Null1fy
Sep 11, 2001

CrashCat posted:

Can you elaborate on this a bit? I guess I never thought of trying to get chests instead of plowing through fragments to get past the first items in a fragment line. Most of the stuff I got from the one line I did put fragments into was garbage anyway.

Sure. So once you develop any sort of income the price of wooden keys is going to be pennies by comparison. They cap in price at 250,000. And there's only 8 our 9 blueprints, so they're easy to discover. Leather take a little longer. They cap in price at 2.5 million which isn't terrible by the time you're ready to start gearing your heroes out in skill items. So there's no reason to spend blueprint fragments needlessly if you didn't need the items until the point where you can otherwise afford them in coin.

Cbear
Mar 22, 2005
So I have been saving blueprints since I started. Right now available to me is Colored Powder and Falcon's Eye both. Should I be 100% buying these right now? After reading the post it seems like a yes, but I didn't know if there was any caveats.

Oh and thanks for the excellent post. It answered some questions I was having and provided information I didn't even know I needed yet!

CrashCat
Jan 10, 2003

another shit post

Null1fy posted:

Sure. So once you develop any sort of income the price of wooden keys is going to be pennies by comparison. They cap in price at 250,000. And there's only 8 our 9 blueprints, so they're easy to discover. Leather take a little longer. They cap in price at 2.5 million which isn't terrible by the time you're ready to start gearing your heroes out in skill items. So there's no reason to spend blueprint fragments needlessly if you didn't need the items until the point where you can otherwise afford them in coin.
Well, I only spent fragments on one line so I could see about hunting the other blueprints in those level chests. I'd still have to cover the gap from level 16 onwards but maybe I'll look into it. I had given up on ever going down more than one line of fragment blueprints because I still haven't even unlocked recipes that are actually up to my level in the first line I picked.

CHiRAL
Mar 29, 2010

Anus.
Welp. I'm stuck in bed for a few days, may as well waste them in the worst way I can think of!
I would also like to join a goonish hub. User: shoon#93449

Skyl3lazer
Aug 27, 2007

[Dooting Stealthily]

Null1fy posted:

One package in particular has allowed the gap to narrow between the top wealthiest individuals and new players, which is explained at the end of this guide.

You never mentioned this, what was it?

Telex
Feb 11, 2003

does the price of auto-crafting slots go up the more you buy?

I'm tempted to blow money on this game just to get a handful of those becuase the amount of recursive crafting in this game is bonkers. When it gets to things you have to craft 3 of in good quality that require 3 things to make another 3 things it's like I loving forgot what I was even making in the first place by the time I get two of the crafts in.

gwrtheyrn
Oct 21, 2010

AYYYE DEEEEE DUBBALYOO DA-NYAAAAAH!

Telex posted:

does the price of auto-crafting slots go up the more you buy?

I'm tempted to blow money on this game just to get a handful of those becuase the amount of recursive crafting in this game is bonkers. When it gets to things you have to craft 3 of in good quality that require 3 things to make another 3 things it's like I loving forgot what I was even making in the first place by the time I get two of the crafts in.

Yes, the third one is 750 and the 2nd is 500. I can't remember what the first one is

Null1fy
Sep 11, 2001

Cbear posted:

So I have been saving blueprints since I started. Right now available to me is Colored Powder and Falcon's Eye both. Should I be 100% buying these right now? After reading the post it seems like a yes, but I didn't know if there was any caveats.

Not with blueprint fragments. The chests are so easily opened by keys sniped from the auction house when you're ready to start seriously crafting and fusing up the items. You're just wasting your fragments on those low level bp's.

Skyl3lazer posted:

You never mentioned this, what was it?

I did, in the 'printing press' portion under advanced play. Wisdom ocarenas, unlocked by the Wizard's package for $20.

Scoss
Aug 17, 2015
#garr64679

Started yesterday, hooked on this dumb game. Would much appreciate an invite to a big goon city.

I'm currently just buying up any gear at or below value on the auction house and selling it to my heroes to get shop XP, I frequently can snag a small stack of items that are undercosted or haggle to turn a tidy profit doing this. I've been making far more gold this way than I could ever have through honest crafting and selling to my heroes. I've also been selling the crafting material from the second dungeon for 2500 gold a pop since I can haul back like 5-10 per mission. I'm trying to work through tech trees but I keep getting bottlenecked by quest crafting materials that I can't get fast enough, seems like my heroes not being strong enough is holding me back.

Any tips for doing any of this better, or if I should be doing something else entirely, are appreciated.

OrangeOrbit
Apr 27, 2008
Fun Shoe
Been playing a few days and enjoying myself. Looking for an invite if there is a spot open orangeorbit#12256.

Koryk
Jun 5, 2007

gwrtheyrn posted:

Yes, the third one is 750 and the 2nd is 500. I can't remember what the first one is

First is 250. Do you know if the gain past 3 is linear or am I going to get to 4/5 and have it all of a sudden be 2500 gems?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Skyl3lazer
Aug 27, 2007

[Dooting Stealthily]

What's the trick to getting a higher Net Worth? I have like 5 leather keys from fulfilling these requests, and I want to start selling them for dosh

• Locked thread