Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Human Grand Prix
Jan 24, 2013

by FactsAreUseless

Alain Post posted:

This was an ominous performance from Mercedes, IMO.

We're dead, lol.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Norns
Nov 21, 2011

Senior Shitposting Strategist

Alain Post posted:

This was an ominous performance from Mercedes, IMO.

:suicide:

Dubs
Mar 6, 2007

Stroll Own Zone.
Disregard Stroll outside zone.
HAM 18/18[\b]

EDIT

RON 18/18

meat CRime
Jun 12, 2010

ham, turkey, roast beef, cold cuts, North Carolina, vienna sausage
Grimey Drawer
Grosjean owns

Jon Von Anchovi
Sep 5, 2014

:australia:
RAAF fighter flying overhead and mark webber on the loudspeaker to welcome me to the track :australia:

Dubs
Mar 6, 2007

Stroll Own Zone.
lololololololollololololololloolololololololollololololololloolololololololollololololololloololorosberglololololollololololololloolololololololollololololololloo

Dubs fucked around with this message at 07:06 on Mar 18, 2016

gret
Dec 12, 2005

goggle-eyed freak

Fraudberg status confirmed.

Feels Villeneuve
Oct 7, 2007

Setter is Better.
It has begun.

gret
Dec 12, 2005

goggle-eyed freak

:smug:

Jon Von Anchovi
Sep 5, 2014

:australia:
Renault livery looks wicked in the sun, Toro rosso sounds wild. Honda sounds shite

You Am I
May 20, 2001

Me @ your poasting

Jon Von Anchovi posted:

Renault livery looks wicked in the sun, Toro rosso sounds wild. Honda sounds shite

Agreed, both Renault and Red Bull look great, McLarens sound poo poo off throttle

El Hefe
Oct 31, 2006

You coulda had a V8/
Instead of a tre-eight slug to yo' cranium/
I got six and I'm aimin' 'em/
Will I bust or keep you guessin'
You can really hear the turbo in the Merc and Ferrari engines you really can't in the Honda, sad stuff.

Human Grand Prix
Jan 24, 2013

by FactsAreUseless

You Am I posted:

Agreed, both Renault and Red Bull look great, McLarens sound poo poo off throttle

I heard Honda was using cylinder deactivation to minimize Turbo-Lag. Perhaps that explains the sound?

poty
Jun 21, 2008

虹はどこで終わるのですか? あなたの魂の中で、または地平線で?

gret posted:

Fraudberg status confirmed.

Some people have to believe you're good for you to be a fraud

Dubs
Mar 6, 2007

Stroll Own Zone.
HAM has perfect vision :smug:

El Hefe
Oct 31, 2006

You coulda had a V8/
Instead of a tre-eight slug to yo' cranium/
I got six and I'm aimin' 'em/
Will I bust or keep you guessin'
What is it with Williams and rain? it's like they are gremlins but instead of turning into monsters they turn to poo poo

You Am I
May 20, 2001

Me @ your poasting

Human Grand Prix posted:

I heard Honda was using cylinder deactivation to minimize Turbo-Lag. Perhaps that explains the sound?

That makes no sense. Lag happens under acceleration, why would you want to deactivate under acceleration?

track day bro!
Feb 17, 2005

#essereFerrari
Grimey Drawer

Alain Post posted:

McLaren are poo poo.

McLaren have already won the 12 hours of Bathurst this year!

track day bro!
Feb 17, 2005

#essereFerrari
Grimey Drawer
Also whos looking forward to the 12hrs of Sebring this weekend! 😌

Feels Villeneuve
Oct 7, 2007

Setter is Better.
Sebring is FTW. The MotoGP Qatar Grand Prix, on the other hand, will most likely not be FTW, and may in fact be FTL.

learnincurve
May 15, 2014

Smoosh
Watching testing repeat. It has begun. Ted , a man in jorts and sandals, is openly mocking Lewis' fake glasses.

Diet Crack
Jan 15, 2001

"Hamilton’s team mate Nico Rosberg was the most high-profile victim of the slippery conditions, the German swiping the front wing off his Silver Arrow against the wall following a spin at Turn 7. To add insult to injury, it was a new-spec nose that the team had deliberately not run in FP1 for fear of potential damage."

Let's just run it in a fully wet session instead!

wicka
Jun 28, 2007

christ those are boring results from mclaren. this is the team that's supposedly running a new engine spec and new aero for the very first time and they can't even have a spectacular failure of some sort?

learnincurve
May 15, 2014

Smoosh
Five jet lagged people try to remember what's in the corporate handbook and one Yank

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YQBu9kXTUUw

Roller Coast Guard
Aug 27, 2006

With this magnificent aircraft,
and my magnificent facial hair,
the British Empire will never fall!

:riker:

track day bro!
Feb 17, 2005

#essereFerrari
Grimey Drawer
Wait, so are McLaren not poo poo?

learnincurve
May 15, 2014

Smoosh

track day bro! posted:

Wait, so are McLaren not poo poo?

They are less poo poo than the rest of the mid field and back markers who range from very poo poo to appalling.

Brainwrong
Mar 20, 2004

RIP Bobby K
Poland's Rose. Like a cabbage in the wind.
I didn't catch any of the FP. Any specific reason the Hassholes were so slow or are they just shitter than Manor?

aequalis
Aug 11, 2010

Fernando is smugger than you. Can you confirm you understand that message?
This is the first Melbourne GP I haven't been able to follow day in day out for a few years. Will have to catch the quali on replay, but I can watch the race live on Sunday.

Bold prediction: Arrivabene will be shown on TV gesticulating wildly. Hass will be poo poo. As will Renault. And Manor. And McLaren. Merc 1st and 3rd, split by a Williams.

Roller Coast Guard
Aug 27, 2006

With this magnificent aircraft,
and my magnificent facial hair,
the British Empire will never fall!

keevo posted:

Oh yeah we need to do bold predictions before qualifying.

Disclaimer: I haven't seen any FP1/2 results other than that ARE LEWIS was fastest and Rosburg crashed.

Haas, Renault and Manor to be all pretty much as terrible as each other and have a season-long EPIC FIGHT over Not Being Last.
Horner starts talking about how poo poo Tag Hueueueueueuer watches are to distract from Red Bull's slide to permanent midfield status.
McLaren have a spectacular performance improvement which boosts them to Sauber/Torro Rosso levels of mediocrity.
Everyone talks about various new engine manufacturers coming in to the championship for 2017 and none of them actually come in.
At least two mid-season rule changes are imposed which nobody asked for and which do nothing to solve the issue they were introduced to fix.

learnincurve
May 15, 2014

Smoosh
They seem to be slightly shitter than the Manor but it's hard to call. The bottom end of the FP timing scores seem to be worryingly accurate.

learnincurve
May 15, 2014

Smoosh
Did we mention that force India can't afford carbon fibre and have 3D printed parts yet?

ukle
Nov 28, 2005

learnincurve posted:

Did we mention that force India can't afford carbon fibre and have 3D printed parts yet?

That makes little sense as carbon fibre is about half the price of the 3D printing material. Probably a case of they were that lacking in man power they just didn't have the time needed to build the missing carbon fibre parts, while 3D printing it is a lot quicker.

track day bro!
Feb 17, 2005

#essereFerrari
Grimey Drawer
Hell, instead if watching F1 we should watch the 12 hours of Mugello which is on right now

http://www.24hseries.com/live

GramCracker
Oct 8, 2005

beauty by stroll

track day bro! posted:

Hell, instead if watching F1 we should watch the 12 hours of Mugello which is on right now

http://www.24hseries.com/live

Digging this, thank you.

Anyone know how/where to watch 12H Sebring practices or things happening right now?

Brainwrong posted:

I didn't catch any of the FP. Any specific reason the Hassholes were so slow or are they just shitter than Manor?

Hassholes :golfclap:

track day bro!
Feb 17, 2005

#essereFerrari
Grimey Drawer

GramCracker posted:

Digging this, thank you.

Anyone know how/where to watch 12H Sebring practices or things happening right now?

I just noticed that Big Robbie Bob (The Cube) Kubica is driving a Merc SLS at Mugello!

As for the Sebring race, because i'm not in the US I can watch it from IMSA.com radiolemans.com has audio im pretty sure.

Chiwie
Oct 21, 2010

DROP YOUR COAT AND GRAB YOUR TOES, I'LL SHOW YOU WHERE THE WILD GOOSE GOES!!!!
Any advice on where to sit in GA at melbourne tomorrow?

learnincurve
May 15, 2014

Smoosh

ukle posted:

That makes little sense as carbon fibre is about half the price of the 3D printing material. Probably a case of they were that lacking in man power they just didn't have the time needed to build the missing carbon fibre parts, while 3D printing it is a lot quicker.

Wild theory: They are that broke there is no one at the factory but one bloke and his 3D printing machine.

DAAS Kapitalist
Nov 9, 2005

Jackass: The Mad Monk

Don't try this at home.
There is an arrest warrant out against Mallya for non-appearance in court in India to face his creditors, so Force India may not be long for this world.

http://timesofindia.indiatimes.com/india/Court-issues-non-bailable-warrant-against-Vijay-Mallya/articleshow/51382023.cms

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Tsaedje
May 11, 2007

BRAWNY BUTTONS 4 LYFE

DAAS Kapitalist posted:

There is an arrest warrant out against Mallya for non-appearance in court in India to face his creditors, so Force India may not be long for this world.

http://timesofindia.indiatimes.com/india/Court-issues-non-bailable-warrant-against-Vijay-Mallya/articleshow/51382023.cms

As I understand it he essentially took out a mortgage on the team with Diageo a few weeks back, so if he's declared insolvent they'd 'repossess' the team

• Locked thread