Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
GEORGE W BUSHI
Jul 1, 2012

MagicCube posted:

So for someone who's never been to an F1 race is going to FP worth it? Or better to skip it and just do Quali and the race? Montreal FP tickets are only $60 so maybe that's not a bad price.

When I went to Suzuka, you could sit wherever you wanted for FP, so if you ended up getting a lovely cheap seat for the race and qualifying, it's a good way to get up close for some decent photos.

My favourite part of the race was whiny bitch Max Verstappen carrying on the proud Red Bull junior driver tradition of crying about his teammate not letting him pass without a fight. Either that or when looking for a great rivalry to say that Verstappen/Sainz could eventually be compared to, David Croft came up with Hamilton/Rosberg.

NtotheTC posted:

The big story of this race is the USA coming into F1 and showing the euro-poors how easy it is to get competitive. How many seasons did we see those poo poo new teams bringing up the rear and desperate for points?

The American Revolution in F1 is just like the real American Revolution in that it would be a dismal failure without the French.

GEORGE W BUSHI fucked around with this message at 10:25 on Mar 20, 2016

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

GEORGE W BUSHI
Jul 1, 2012

Fat Jesus posted:

The poo poo drivers in the good cars will win more than the good drivers in the poo poo cars for the 3rd straight season

Lewis Hamilton is the best racing driver in the world right now and possibly of all time. Unless you're taking about the fraud, Nico Rosberg, in which case carry on.

GEORGE W BUSHI
Jul 1, 2012

The GPDA are calling for Bernie's head, in the nicest possible terms. Glad to see they're calling out the move to pay TV on their list of grievances.

GEORGE W BUSHI
Jul 1, 2012

This is the first race I was able to watch since Australia and this happens.

GEORGE W BUSHI
Jul 1, 2012

Diet Crack posted:

It's not a disappointment that the mercs wrecked you Spanish git, it's the best thing that's happened to the sport in 20 odd races.

I would rather see a thousand year Mercedes reich than this.

GEORGE W BUSHI
Jul 1, 2012

nsaP posted:

Rosberg is the man this year. Hopefully the Lewis meltdown continues and he leaves Mercedes for Force India.

Just as Lewis Hamilton arriving turned a poo poo Mercedes into a world championship winning car singlehandedly, he will make Force India into top dogs and just as Lewis Hamilton leaving turned a great McLaren team into dogshit, Mercedes will fall off a cliff.

GEORGE W BUSHI
Jul 1, 2012

The Croc posted:

Its Monaco you get alot of random celebs who know gently caress all about f1 and are just there to network.

But they aren't usually awkwardly front and centre at the podium like Bieber was.

Anyway, good race. Nice to see Max Verstappen bring all the people who were lining up to proclaim him the future of motor racing back down to earth by reminding everyone that he's actually poo poo like fellow Spanish Grand Prix winner Pastor Maldonado.

GEORGE W BUSHI
Jul 1, 2012

Funzo posted:

Don't have cable? gently caress you.

Also:

No mention of streaming or on-demand?

It's so loving short sighted. How do they expect to draw in new fans to drive their sponsorship revenue up of all the races are on a special cable channel that only big fans are going to shell out for in the first place?

GEORGE W BUSHI
Jul 1, 2012

Nico Fraudberg winning a WDC is the worst thing that has happened in this incredibly lovely year. gently caress F1 and gently caress all the whiny bitches who complained about Abu Dhabi being a double points race like this one clearly should have been.

GEORGE W BUSHI
Jul 1, 2012

I am literally crying right now, I can't believe this is real. Now I know how American liberals felt on the day that Donald Trump was elected. Morally and ethically, Lewis Hamilton is an eight time world champion. But "officially", he is only a three time world champion. Less than Sebastian loving Vettel. And F1's Donald Trump Nico Rosberg will go down as a champion because the electoral college of F1 world championship points say he is despite losing the popular vote. This might be the worst thing that ever happened to me.

GEORGE W BUSHI
Jul 1, 2012

DoctorGonzo posted:

Actually this is wrong. Nico won more points but won fewer races. Nico is Hillary Clinton.

If F1 had a fair system like the American Electoral college, more points would be awarded to real races that Our Lewis won like Interlagos, Silverstone and Monaco. poo poo races in shitholes like Azerbaijan, Bahrain and Belgium that Fraudberg won would be F1's equivalent of Wyoming.

GEORGE W BUSHI
Jul 1, 2012

GEORGE W BUSHI
Jul 1, 2012

Falken posted:

I just don't get the reason to be so loving upset. I'm a Hamilton fan, but the guy has 3 WDCs and what, 52 or so wins?. That's loving impressive. Not having number 4 is a little disappointing, but it's not like its the end of the world for him or the folks that follow him (Although from what I've seen on the internet so far, you'd think the sky had fallen). I say well done to Rosberg, and look forward to a great 2017.

Also, between Nico, Lewis and Vettel, that was 8 WDCs on the podium. Impressive, but not so much when you consider Schumacher managed 7.

Nico Fraudberg being a WDC devalues that title so much that they might as well have let David Arquette win it.

GEORGE W BUSHI
Jul 1, 2012

This is so true that I started crying again.

GEORGE W BUSHI
Jul 1, 2012

1500quidporsche posted:

lmbo Brundle looks like he's about to cry, much like most of the thread is.

"about to"? Anyone with anything resembling a soul has cried all the tears they have in their body and are desperately rehydrating to cry more right now.

GEORGE W BUSHI
Jul 1, 2012

Myrddin_Emrys posted:

Coulthard saying Lewis should be more sportsman like rather than display petulance

edit: Webber saying the same

poo poo drivers jealous of the abilities of a true WDC who won despite adversity rather than making GBS threads the bed in WDC winning cars like they did. They just wish that McLaren/Red Bull were stupid enough to hand the championship to their inferior joke drivers like F1's DNC, Mercedes did today.

GEORGE W BUSHI
Jul 1, 2012

gently caress Wisconsin, Jill Stein should be spending her money on a recount of the points awarded in Abu Dhabi.

GEORGE W BUSHI
Jul 1, 2012

iospace posted:

Question of the day though:

Will Nico take #1 next year as his number or keep 6?

The idea of Nico Rosberg being #1 just made me punch a wall and now my dad is angry at me. Thanks mate.

GEORGE W BUSHI
Jul 1, 2012

poty posted:

Why is the anti-Lewis British media not talking about this? The whole system is rigged

They're too upset about their great white hope Jenson BUTTon ending his career in abject failure to care about our true champion, Our Lewis having his title stolen again.

GEORGE W BUSHI
Jul 1, 2012

Alain Post posted:

I just checked the F1 points standings and it looks like Lewis has less points than Nico even though he's supposed to be a better driver than him. Can some of his fanatical British supporters explain?

Fraud

GEORGE W BUSHI
Jul 1, 2012

Real talk: "Nico Rosberg will never be Hamilton's equal" is not a controversial statement nor is it bitterness talking. Our Lewis is going to go down in history as one of all time greats, Nico is going to go down in history as the answer to the trivia question "Which driver competed in the most F1 races before winning his first (and only) world championship?"

GEORGE W BUSHI
Jul 1, 2012

El Hefe posted:

The only thing I'm hoping is that "Max Verstappen WDC 2017" doesn't come true, I'll take nuclear armageddon in 2017 over that.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

GEORGE W BUSHI
Jul 1, 2012

Josuke Higashikata posted:

Lewis Hamilton is probably loving beaming right now

Why would Lewis be happy that this loving fraud snake slithered off before Lewis could prove what an absolute fluke this "victory" was?

• Locked thread