Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Human Grand Prix
Jan 24, 2013

by FactsAreUseless
Rosberg is moonlighting at Toro Rosso now?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Human Grand Prix
Jan 24, 2013

by FactsAreUseless

El Hefe posted:

Alonso will podium this season

It will be at Suzuka (maybe) (probably not).

Human Grand Prix
Jan 24, 2013

by FactsAreUseless

Tsaedje posted:

2 spergs spotted this in under a minute. Good work, already fixed.

You should have left it in. The description also worked sorta.

Human Grand Prix
Jan 24, 2013

by FactsAreUseless
Jesus Christ Hamilton. Then again, FP1.

Human Grand Prix
Jan 24, 2013

by FactsAreUseless

El Hefe posted:

Exciting stuff

White is good.

Human Grand Prix
Jan 24, 2013

by FactsAreUseless

Alain Post posted:

This was an ominous performance from Mercedes, IMO.

We're dead, lol.

Human Grand Prix
Jan 24, 2013

by FactsAreUseless

You Am I posted:

Agreed, both Renault and Red Bull look great, McLarens sound poo poo off throttle

I heard Honda was using cylinder deactivation to minimize Turbo-Lag. Perhaps that explains the sound?

Human Grand Prix
Jan 24, 2013

by FactsAreUseless

Tsaedje posted:

Australia usually throws a curveball, and it is very poor at demonstrating relative pace anywhere else. I didn't see FP2, but weren't both sessions affected by rain as well?

Both wet, yeah. Even in these conditions though I didn't expect the McLarens to break the top 10.

Human Grand Prix
Jan 24, 2013

by FactsAreUseless
:stare:

Human Grand Prix
Jan 24, 2013

by FactsAreUseless
I don't believe IT.

Human Grand Prix
Jan 24, 2013

by FactsAreUseless

1500quidporsche posted:

Shock of the day for me is both Renault's making it into Q2.

A Honda powered car is in 3rd place.

Human Grand Prix
Jan 24, 2013

by FactsAreUseless

Payndz posted:

So, Channel 4 did a decent enough job. If not for the occasional ad break and Suzi Perry being replaced by Sylar, you'd hardly realise it was no longer on the BBC.

Qualli itself was arse, though.

I liked it initially.

Human Grand Prix
Jan 24, 2013

by FactsAreUseless

Alain Post posted:

I hope Max Vercrappen does not finish.

I am terrified of him becoming WDC one day.

Human Grand Prix
Jan 24, 2013

by FactsAreUseless

Alain Post posted:

I like Carlos Junior. Verstappen is almost as characterless as Kvyat. Die stupid Red Bull drivers *fires grenade launcher*

Kyvat looks like seatwarmer to me.

Human Grand Prix
Jan 24, 2013

by FactsAreUseless
Yes.

Human Grand Prix
Jan 24, 2013

by FactsAreUseless
Jesus.

Human Grand Prix
Jan 24, 2013

by FactsAreUseless
Haas owns.

Human Grand Prix
Jan 24, 2013

by FactsAreUseless

Alain Post posted:

unreliability is cool. i love the dynamic of fast-but-fragile, makes it at least worth watching when someone seems to be running away with the race

i also miss 1989 when the reliability rate was so poor that you had a decent shot at a podium if you finished the race at all, which led to a bunch of really weird third-place finishers

'84 is great as well for this.

Human Grand Prix
Jan 24, 2013

by FactsAreUseless
Attrition makes the show much better.

Human Grand Prix
Jan 24, 2013

by FactsAreUseless
Unless it's for championship position (like wdc) there is no way you could have reasonably expected Sainz to give up his position. I sure as hell wouldn't have.

Human Grand Prix
Jan 24, 2013

by FactsAreUseless

1500quidporsche posted:

Yeah he's so aggressive having his thug of a dad in the paddock ready to throw a punch at somebody.

What a pisseyed human being.

Max is much better than his father and Jos should step back from the pit.

Human Grand Prix
Jan 24, 2013

by FactsAreUseless
I should also point out that being better than the guy who couldn't outqualify Enrique Bernoldi on a consistent basis isn't much of an achievement.

Human Grand Prix
Jan 24, 2013

by FactsAreUseless

1500quidporsche posted:

I want to see him out of the Red Bull machine when he isn't being hyped up. I would say he's definitely better than Jos but he's not some super driver like everyone claims he is.

The skill is definitely there, the guy is good. He could just get stuck in Neutral (Alesi) or burn out (Stefano Modena) though. Let's hope he mellows with age but with his father around that is not likely to happen.

Human Grand Prix
Jan 24, 2013

by FactsAreUseless

ImplicitAssembler posted:

Those 2 factors makes it much more fun to go after him, whereas had it been Sainz doing it, it wouldn't have gotten anywhere this much attention.

I disagree.

Human Grand Prix
Jan 24, 2013

by FactsAreUseless
I like the French.

Human Grand Prix
Jan 24, 2013

by FactsAreUseless
Crockenheim.

Human Grand Prix
Jan 24, 2013

by FactsAreUseless
What did Haryanto's car in?

Human Grand Prix
Jan 24, 2013

by FactsAreUseless

Farmland Park posted:

I like how when Jolson Palmer was announced as the Renault race people derided him for being a pay driver and only winning GP2 in his 4th season, and now he's the current darling of F1. I say good for the lad though, for proving the doubters wrong, or at least as much as you can prove anything after one race.

Thread favourite Pastor Maldonado also won in his 4th season. Perhaps JP is another case of a driver with a generally mediocre lower formulae record doing well in the big league.

Human Grand Prix
Jan 24, 2013

by FactsAreUseless

El Hefe posted:

Bring back Goodyear.

Goodyear have been bad at race tires for like 20+ years.

Human Grand Prix
Jan 24, 2013

by FactsAreUseless
Pirelli were also really inconsistent in the 80s and early 90s. Basically lure Bridgestone back because Michelin is being stupid.

Human Grand Prix
Jan 24, 2013

by FactsAreUseless
Or Korea. Hankook makes great tires. I would also ask Dunlop but apparently there is some weird thing going on with the ownership. Some is Goodyear but the Asian rights to the name belong to Sumitomo.

Human Grand Prix
Jan 24, 2013

by FactsAreUseless

1500quidporsche posted:

There's a reason why the "young people" don't buy rolexes and its because they're loving embarrassing.

Also they cannot read analogue clocks.

Human Grand Prix
Jan 24, 2013

by FactsAreUseless

keevo posted:

Counter point: Jordan shoes

CounterCounterPoint: Those kick rear end.

Human Grand Prix
Jan 24, 2013

by FactsAreUseless
I want to 19 again and wear the dumbest poo poo imaginable.

Human Grand Prix
Jan 24, 2013

by FactsAreUseless
RIP Pacific Grand Prix website. 1994-2016.

Human Grand Prix
Jan 24, 2013

by FactsAreUseless
Gary Brabham has been found guilty of raping a six-year-old girl in Australia.

Human Grand Prix
Jan 24, 2013

by FactsAreUseless

MattD1zzl3 posted:

Can you start a "wicka posts things about f1" thread so the rest of us dont have to have annoying "you put this user on ignore, click to see it" gaps in the thread?

i kid, wicka

I dont see how f1 isnt a little bit spec when 20 plus cars have the exact same engine configuration, and the biggest differentiating performance factors are the shape of cooling tubes we dont see and how many blades they glued to the front wing this week.

The very last time F1 cars didn't use the exact same engine configuration was the mid-90s. I guess 2006 would also count. Even in the eras where freedoms like that were allowed, engine mfrs generally gravitated towards one configuration.

Human Grand Prix
Jan 24, 2013

by FactsAreUseless
Ferrari has a history of making strange engine design decisions.

Human Grand Prix
Jan 24, 2013

by FactsAreUseless

MattD1zzl3 posted:

Fun fact: It has been 24 years since a Dallara has done as well as Haas did in austrailia. If they luck into a podium i think its the best dallara of all time.

The '89 and '91 Dallaras got podiums as well.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Human Grand Prix
Jan 24, 2013

by FactsAreUseless
Bahrain sometimes produces good races so I'm optimistic.

• Locked thread