Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
track day bro!
Feb 17, 2005

#essereFerrari
Grimey Drawer

Alain Post posted:

McLaren are poo poo.

McLaren have already won the 12 hours of Bathurst this year!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

track day bro!
Feb 17, 2005

#essereFerrari
Grimey Drawer
Also whos looking forward to the 12hrs of Sebring this weekend! 😌

track day bro!
Feb 17, 2005

#essereFerrari
Grimey Drawer
Wait, so are McLaren not poo poo?

track day bro!
Feb 17, 2005

#essereFerrari
Grimey Drawer
Hell, instead if watching F1 we should watch the 12 hours of Mugello which is on right now

http://www.24hseries.com/live

track day bro!
Feb 17, 2005

#essereFerrari
Grimey Drawer

GramCracker posted:

Digging this, thank you.

Anyone know how/where to watch 12H Sebring practices or things happening right now?

I just noticed that Big Robbie Bob (The Cube) Kubica is driving a Merc SLS at Mugello!

As for the Sebring race, because i'm not in the US I can watch it from IMSA.com radiolemans.com has audio im pretty sure.

track day bro!
Feb 17, 2005

#essereFerrari
Grimey Drawer
I know this might sound like a revolutionary idea but wouldnt it have been a good idea to test a system like this out before you shove it into your multi million pound sport?

track day bro!
Feb 17, 2005

#essereFerrari
Grimey Drawer
Also let me get this in for the first time this year, Poois Shamilton.

track day bro!
Feb 17, 2005

#essereFerrari
Grimey Drawer
I didnt watch quali and i'm not going to watch the race. But, hell F1 is poo poo.

track day bro!
Feb 17, 2005

#essereFerrari
Grimey Drawer
Just watched the replay after not bothering to watch quali and managed to enjoy an F1 race for once.

Alain Post posted:

I like Carlos Junior. Verstappen is almost as characterless as Kvyat. Die stupid Red Bull drivers *fires grenade launcher*

You cant develop an interesting personality if your childhood only consists of being pushed by your poo poo dad to be a racedriver.

Alain Post posted:

Hell, I'm liking the attitude of Big Jo Palmer so far.

Big Jolly Jo Palmer ftw

Alain Post posted:

He's ungrateful and a bitch boy.

Agreed.

Alain Post posted:

Smh at dumb engineers messing up Seb's strategy.

Agreed.

Alain Post posted:

I'm loving Jo Palmer, boys.

Hes ftw.

Alain Post posted:

QQ baby bitch Max.

Agreed.

Alain Post posted:

*checks live timing* McLaren are poo poo

They are.

1500quidporsche posted:

Haas is great. I'm a Haasman

I'm glad they did well and Grossjean is ftw, just wonder if they can develop their car to the same level as the other teams as the season goes along.

Alain Post posted:

Max Vercrappen.

Hes acting like red bull seb when he was fighting for the race win but instead hes just qqing that he cant manage a clean pass on his loving teammate in 9th.

Alain Post posted:

Let's get a real driver like Big Jo Palmer in the Scud.

Hell, i'd love it.

El Hefe posted:

imagine if Pastor was driving that Ferrari instead of Vettel? instant 2016 WDC

I'm a big Super Seb fan but its hard to argue with this.

El Hefe posted:

Haas are oficially a better F1 team than McLaren lol

McLaren are poo poo.

You Am I posted:

*Webber walks up to Vettel, punches him in the face*

Webber is too big a bitch to do this, all that aussiegrit poo poo is a massive front #aussieshit

Also its nice to see that Ron rebuilt Alonso into some sort of indistructable robot, maybe he shouldve spent some of that development into making McLarens car less poo poo.

track day bro!
Feb 17, 2005

#essereFerrari
Grimey Drawer

be nice wicka posted:

ferrari's tire choice after the red flag is pretty much exactly why alonso won't regret leaving that garbage fire of an organization

Oh yeah I bet he's realy enjoying drivng for McLareahahahahahahahahahahah

track day bro!
Feb 17, 2005

#essereFerrari
Grimey Drawer
Vettel FTW
https://twitter.com/racinghumour/status/711448906589216769

track day bro!
Feb 17, 2005

#essereFerrari
Grimey Drawer

Alain Post posted:

The restrictions on engine development/token system are dumb IMO, but I've never really believed in development restrictions/cost cutting measures.

I'm still confused how developing a completely different powertrain was supposed to cut costs, honestly dont care about the sound anywyay. I thought they sounded pretty cool when first introduced, you could hear the turbos spooling up and also the hybrid bits whining away.

track day bro!
Feb 17, 2005

#essereFerrari
Grimey Drawer

Alain Post posted:

I also feel like if you let teams/manufacturers push the envelope a bit you'd get more unpredictability in the form of unreliability, but maybe not, since mechanical attrition seems to be on the way out in all forms of motorsport.

We did have a fair amount of unreliability last season though, just not from mercedes. It does feel like the limits on replacement everything seems far too low though. Maybe a couple more engine/gearbox/mgukbughsjh/turbo wouldnt hurt and I doubt it would cost that much more seeing as most of the cost of these things is in development anyway.

be nice wicka posted:

it wasn't supposed to cut costs. everyone knew it would be expensive and the development restrictions were meant to contain that expense. of course no one had the foresight to realize that ultra-complex engines tend to be unreliable in year one, nor did they realize how much better mercedes could be.

Maybe it was the initial proposal of a 4cyl engine that was meant to cut costs?

track day bro!
Feb 17, 2005

#essereFerrari
Grimey Drawer

Alain Post posted:

i'd kind of like to see Cosworth (or whoever) try to make an affordable crate engine again but that just never really seems to work out

I dont think the F1 Engine part of Cosworth exists anymore tbh, even if they still do I dont think they could afford to develop one.

track day bro!
Feb 17, 2005

#essereFerrari
Grimey Drawer

FAROOQ posted:

There is only one good driver on the grid though. And he's died twice now.

Sebastian Vettel hasnt died twice. 🤔

track day bro!
Feb 17, 2005

#essereFerrari
Grimey Drawer

Rev. Dr. Moses P. Lester posted:

So at what age will we stop excusing whiny hissy fit tantrums? I guess retirement age cause Fernando and Super Seb were doing it last year or the year before.

Well Alonso managed it from beyond the grave, because he died and was rebuilt into an indistructable Spanish automaton.

track day bro!
Feb 17, 2005

#essereFerrari
Grimey Drawer

Rhopunzel posted:

Every time I click it I get a 502 - Bad Gateway link. Maybe his reason was so heinous it transcends Leper Colony.

He got probated for saying that McLaren are good and that Alonso is glad to be at McLaren

track day bro!
Feb 17, 2005

#essereFerrari
Grimey Drawer

Rev. Dr. Moses P. Lester posted:

Vettel is a four time fizzy drink champion though so we can cut him some slack

Sebastian Vettel won all four of his WDC's without cheating and we all love him.

Vettel FTW

1500quidporsche posted:

Rip wicka; he died for our sins.

He was definitely not buttcaremad at all telling everyone to shut up and calling everyone an idiot every five seconds. He was insanely calm.

track day bro!
Feb 17, 2005

#essereFerrari
Grimey Drawer

JFairfax posted:

all the cool terrorists will be bombing the hell out of the European championship in france this summer anyway

Hell, they could do a cool run on bombing at Monaco then.

track day bro!
Feb 17, 2005

#essereFerrari
Grimey Drawer

learnincurve posted:

The media is poo poo. "ISIS" are pissed at the French not Europe in general, and it's a very specific set of people out for revenge and their motivation has nothing to do with ISIS' political aims. A few years ago the French turned a blind eye when racists kept setting fire to slum buildings in Paris which had 18 people living in one bedroom flats and loads of kiddies burned to death. Now they are SHOCKED that ISIS would recruit the relations of these murdered people living in Belgium and France and that they might be out for blood. If they are going to bomb anywhere then it will be hockenheim if their past actions are anything to go by.

:yikes:

track day bro!
Feb 17, 2005

#essereFerrari
Grimey Drawer
I've changed my mind, wicka was right.

track day bro!
Feb 17, 2005

#essereFerrari
Grimey Drawer
Pretty sure they can be configured for lots of different things, you sometimes heard paddles being referred to when changing a setting on the car before the radio ban.

track day bro!
Feb 17, 2005

#essereFerrari
Grimey Drawer
Bring back Bridgestones driver specific compounds for the scud.

track day bro!
Feb 17, 2005

#essereFerrari
Grimey Drawer

1500quidporsche posted:

They could use the PR. Whens the last time you thought of Goodyear as a sporty tire choice?

Dunno about america but tyre tests in europe rate the goodyear eagle F1 asymmetric pretty well and the GSD3 that came before that was pretty highly rated for a summer uhp tyre.

track day bro!
Feb 17, 2005

#essereFerrari
Grimey Drawer

poty posted:

son, did you notice how Kimi tiene ganas de helado jaja

él fue tomando una mierda jajaja

track day bro!
Feb 17, 2005

#essereFerrari
Grimey Drawer

be nice wicka posted:

completely off topic, but if you've ever wondered who is currently eligible for a super license based on the new points system, wiki has a list: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/FIA_Super_Licence#Drivers_securing_a_Super_Licence

So it looks like if you drive in LMP1H you get a superlicence pretty much. Although there are some GTLM drivers in that list.

daslog posted:

The business model really boils down to "find the tracks willing to pay the most money." Europeans probably feel like F1 is their sport and there should be more races there, but if the fans don't turn out to pay the high prices then Europe will end up with as many races as the USA gets.

Honestly the prices are ridiculous for most european races, its cheaper for me to run two trackdays or sprint days than it is to watch an F1 race live. It makes watching any other form of motorsport live look incredibly cheap in comparison.

track day bro!
Feb 17, 2005

#essereFerrari
Grimey Drawer

learnincurve posted:

Fun fact: Mark Webber has managed to achieve flight in every type of car and team he has raced with.

Fun Fact: Mark Webber is a massive shithouse bitch

track day bro!
Feb 17, 2005

#essereFerrari
Grimey Drawer

El Hefe posted:

Nico has won the last 6 races or something, he's the next WDC for sure now Hammy has decided to focus on his fashion career.

Nico and Lewis are both big gay boys and they hug and kiss eachother after the race.

track day bro!
Feb 17, 2005

#essereFerrari
Grimey Drawer

El Hefe posted:

Brands Hatch is so good though and F1 is never going back there, such a shame.

F1 has hosed up enough classic circuits and it almost killed donnington. F1 can gently caress off and race on a lovely flat airfield in the midlands instead.

track day bro!
Feb 17, 2005

#essereFerrari
Grimey Drawer

Human Grand Prix posted:

Old Silverstone was cool though. Like Kyalami, Fuji, and Hockenheim it was a fast circuit that was nerfed.

The old config was better for sure, however its very much a power track so unless you have something stupid fast its not very interesting to drive. The new layout confuses me because it just feels like they randomised the corners of old silverstone.

track day bro!
Feb 17, 2005

#essereFerrari
Grimey Drawer
Paddock hill bend is insanely ftw, every time I've been somebody has always had a massive off into it, once when I came out of the pits a 944 went past me straight into the gravel showering me with the stuff got the session red flagged and then they decided to shut up shop for the day. The next time some twat in a Ford Puma rolled it about 10 minutes into the day, few others i forget.

I've been lucky as I only ever had a couple of spins at graham hill (too much speed on a cold track on cold tyres) and Clark curve (constantly trying to boot it over a damp patch instead of using the wet line)

Only problem is most TDO's run the indy circuit which can get pretty crowded and days for the GP one are double the cost.

track day bro!
Feb 17, 2005

#essereFerrari
Grimey Drawer

Alain Post posted:

what's nando spray, does it smell like spicy chicken or something

You're getting it mixed up with a Cheeky Nandos, which is something top bantz lad Will Stephens likes to have on the way to winning LMP2 in wec.

Helicon One posted:

Last time I was at Brands Hatch that somebody was Lewis Hamilton when he was racing Formula Renault.

(along with a good quarter of the field by the end of the race)

It's pretty scary in the wet or if you aren't confident with it, but once you get it right the feeling of compression going down the hill is brilliant even in a roadcar, I'd love to try it in something like a formula ford.

track day bro!
Feb 17, 2005

#essereFerrari
Grimey Drawer

learnincurve posted:

You are all aware of course that DTM is now the place for young /F1 test drivers to be now that it's owned by a large sinister Austrian fellow who suddenly appeared on the scene 5 years ago and now seems to be everywhere.

and yet his wife still couldn't get a DTM drive

And yet somehow DTM manages to create races almost 10 times as boring as a WTCC race but with considerably more budget.

track day bro!
Feb 17, 2005

#essereFerrari
Grimey Drawer
Ron Dennis hates Alonso so much that he killed him once, reanimated his corpse and then killed him again.

track day bro!
Feb 17, 2005

#essereFerrari
Grimey Drawer
https://twitter.com/alo_oficial/status/712954692125532162

Hes dead

track day bro!
Feb 17, 2005

#essereFerrari
Grimey Drawer

Xenoid posted:

It's a loving waste of time to hold a race when the best driver is dead again.

Sebastian Vettel isnt dead!

track day bro!
Feb 17, 2005

#essereFerrari
Grimey Drawer

El Hefe posted:

Reminder that in MotoGP riders fall down their bikes on Friday, break their clavicles, get surgery on Saturday and race on Sunday.

loving piece of poo poo F1

*in wicka voice* we should ban motorcycle racing

track day bro!
Feb 17, 2005

#essereFerrari
Grimey Drawer

be nice wicka posted:

great posts incoming from mr myrddin_emrys

wickas gettin' upset!!!!

track day bro!
Feb 17, 2005

#essereFerrari
Grimey Drawer
It was funny, this thread was going mental before the Aus race and then the race was actualy good. Maybe the bigger slapfight we have means we get a better race? 🤔

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

track day bro!
Feb 17, 2005

#essereFerrari
Grimey Drawer
Apparently the regs for engine power-units is per driver and not per car. See sporting regs, 23.4.

"Unless he drives for more than one team (see 23.4(g) below), and subject to the additions described in b) and c) below, each driver may use no more than four power units during a Championship season."

so that Stoffel guy gets a brand new [s]engine
PU[s/]

Edit: no it doesnt never mind

• Locked thread