Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us $3,400 per month for bandwidth bills alone, and since we don't believe in shoving popup ads to our registered users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
«92 »
Safari Disco Lion
Jul 21, 2011

Boss, if they make us find seven lost crystals, I'm quitting.

That guy has had a cat at some point and knows what they can do.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Organza Quiz
Nov 7, 2009

tarbrush posted:

Having a new cat escape into some unexpected nook or cranny of a house is just a part of cat butlering.

My family's last kitten managed to climb the chimney and got to a ledge about six feet off the ground, which took some careful work to get her out of.

She then pulled up a corner of the carpet and hid under it Tom and Jerry style.

My current fuzzbutts managed to get up the chimney in my current place, but happily gave up when they couldn't find a ledge to perch on.

The day I brought Peridot home I left her alone for a few hours and came back to discover her trying to escape up the chimney. Thankfully she ran back into her carrier to hide and i moved her to the bathroom while i spent the next few days making sure the chimney was securely barricaded closed (if you know steven universe yes she got her name because of being locked in the bathroom by her Enemies who were actually trying to make friends with her). I was more worried about her hurting herself than actually escaping so I guess good to hear other cats have done the same thing and not hurt themselves in the attempt.

Good Soldier Svejk
Jul 5, 2010

Great times call for great men

Nap Ghost

Ceiling cat updates:

After being terrified on the kitchen counters last night, he eventually descended with some encouragement from his friend and then ate a ton of wet and dry food (making up for lost time in the ceiling) and drank a lot of water. So that's all good.
He sat in the litter box for a while so I'm not sure if he just really had to go or if he's still stressed/maybe dealing with some urinary problems. We need to keep on eye on that.

This morning he's found his way under our very low couch, once again abandoning his slightly more rotund friend to our care.

We managed to feed him some wet food on a spoon and I bought/plugged in a feliway diffuser to hopefully help calm him down.

e:
Shortly after I posted this, our gray friend managed to ply him out of the couch with some mewing. He's now exploring the kitchen.

Good Soldier Svejk fucked around with this message at 14:08 on Jun 3, 2020

hiddenriverninja
May 10, 2013

life is locomotion
keep moving
trust that you'll find your way

Good Soldier Svejk posted:

Ceiling cat updates:

After being terrified on the kitchen counters last night, he eventually descended with some encouragement from his friend and then ate a ton of wet and dry food (making up for lost time in the ceiling) and drank a lot of water. So that's all good.
He sat in the litter box for a while so I'm not sure if he just really had to go or if he's still stressed/maybe dealing with some urinary problems. We need to keep on eye on that.

This morning he's found his way under our very low couch, once again abandoning his slightly more rotund friend to our care.

We managed to feed him some wet food on a spoon and I bought/plugged in a feliway diffuser to hopefully help calm him down.

e:
Shortly after I posted this, our gray friend managed to ply him out of the couch with some mewing. He's now exploring the kitchen.

handsome!

Safari Disco Lion
Jul 21, 2011

Boss, if they make us find seven lost crystals, I'm quitting.

Looking out for his scared friend. A good cat.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Good Soldier Svejk
Jul 5, 2010

Great times call for great men

Nap Ghost

Scaredy cat spent most of the rest of the day under the couch until he got lured out by some dry food in the evening. He made some rounds around the living room, his cat tree perch, and even hopped up on the sofa with us and had a few treats and made a few laps until he went into the kitchen, knocked over an empty bottle, and right back under the couch he went. Surprisingly he came out a little bit after and went right back to his perch.

There was a lot of progress today.

Here he is watching his buddy play with the cat dancer toy. He may not be ready to play with us just yet but he's very intrigued.

«92 »