Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

BigPaddy
Jun 30, 2008

That night we performed the rite and opened the gate.
Halfway through, I went to fix us both a coke float.
By the time I got back, he'd gone insane.
Plus, he'd left the gate open and there was evil everywhere.

The wife and I have been approved to be a foster home for a Pug rescue and we headed down to one of their fund raising events today and there were 20_ little curly tailed snorty mutants who wanted rubs :3:

Also Butterscotch knows what is up when food is on the floor.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

BigPaddy
Jun 30, 2008

That night we performed the rite and opened the gate.
Halfway through, I went to fix us both a coke float.
By the time I got back, he'd gone insane.
Plus, he'd left the gate open and there was evil everywhere.

DaChurl posted:

Could you explain a bit about what being a dog foster-parent entails? There's been a lot of great info in this thread for cat fostering, but allergies make cat care a non-starter in my house.

I've already got a pug, and I know he'd love to have other goofy snort-dogs around to play with. However, my husband and I both work 9-5 jobs and I know separation anxiety can be a really common issue among foster dogs. Is it worth it to try and foster if we can't check in on the dogs every few hours?

Also, your link must be broken. No matter how many times I refresh your post I'm not seeing a picture of the pug-mob. :confused:

Well here are some pug mugs and some info on the money raised yesterday

https://www.crowdrise.com/6ThPRoNE5K

The rescue we work with are fine with the dogs being left alone but you would probably not want to foster any with severe special needs such as those who are blind. If you have another dog then as long as they get on I don't see separation anxiety being an issue.