Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

my cat is norris
Mar 11, 2010

#onecallcat

Anoia posted:

All I know is this is a thing cats do when taken from their mother too early and also goddamn he's adorable.

I think the "taken too early" is part of it, but it might also just be how Butterscotch expresses his sense of safety and comfort. :kimchi:

http://www.catster.com/lifestyle/cat-behavior-nurse-blankets-clothing

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

my cat is norris
Mar 11, 2010

#onecallcat

My heart always melts at that sweet pibbul face. Good luck with the new girl -- thank you for caring for her.

my cat is norris
Mar 11, 2010

#onecallcat

So sorry to hear about Mo...what an amazing cat. Very glad to hear he found an amazing companion in you. :unsmith:

my cat is norris
Mar 11, 2010

#onecallcat

That Butter belly! That Bitteh purr! So wonderful. :kimchi:

I'm very sorry to hear about the death of your little foster kitten. I hope the rest of your little flock remains healthy.

my cat is norris
Mar 11, 2010

#onecallcat

I hope so, too! Maybe she just ate too fast.

my cat is norris
Mar 11, 2010

#onecallcat

I like the cat trees and prices on aosom.com. Never had any issues. Free shipping is a nice bonus.

(Armarkat brand is also great.)

my cat is norris
Mar 11, 2010

#onecallcat

I'm for all these ideas. KNIT HIM A GIRDLE! :catstare:

my cat is norris
Mar 11, 2010

#onecallcat

Thank you for sharing. :shobon:

I found the video -- "Changing Batteries" -- here:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=O_yVo3YOfqQ

my cat is norris
Mar 11, 2010

#onecallcat

Geki update:

Tuckered.

She remains awful sneezy despite multiple treatments for kitty respiratory problems. She goes back to the vet next week for her rabies vaccination, and we'll see what else can be done for her sneezums.

my cat is norris
Mar 11, 2010

#onecallcat

I would like to see update pics on all fosters! If you don't mind sharing, can you please post pics? :allears:

my cat is norris
Mar 11, 2010

#onecallcat

Thank you all for sharing. :kimchi:

my cat is norris
Mar 11, 2010

#onecallcat

Send help.

Found outside my building. All of them filthy and cold and people friendly. Big cardboard box with them. :/ I'll keep an eye out for mom cat but they seem like they might have been dumped.

my cat is norris
Mar 11, 2010

#onecallcat

So many kittens, though! And Geki only just reaching four months.

Squidtentacle is out getting KMR and a vet appt has been made for the morning.

my cat is norris
Mar 11, 2010

#onecallcat

Didn't mean to ignore your good news, Alteisen. Really glad to hear about your kitty!

Flea treatments for babby cats? These guys are crawling.

my cat is norris
Mar 11, 2010

#onecallcat

They've got teeth (or the beginnings), so I'm thinking they're at that three weekish mark. Haven't tried solid food just yet.

my cat is norris
Mar 11, 2010

#onecallcat

"Hitler" went right into the dry food without issue. Blackistan and the others were more interested in seeking attention. Runty urinated on his own, then sat in it.

We'll make some weight gain mix when we can get more supplies tomorrow!

Will continue to watch for a possible mama cat and additional kittens. 4 is a good litter size, though, so I'm not expecting to find others.

Thanks for all the help and tips, thread.

Plz suggest better names, tia.

my cat is norris
Mar 11, 2010

#onecallcat

http://www.ustream.tv/channel/trivia-hq-furstation-pitt?lang=en_US

Now I'm off to work!

my cat is norris
Mar 11, 2010

#onecallcat

A sleepy mess right now, apparently! ALSO, sorry about the poor view. I set it up in kind of a rush this morning and will work on something better later.

Small updates --

Didn't have time to weigh in this morning. The vet will handle that in a couple of hours, though!

The black one pooped. I haven't seen anyone else poop. I've seen urine spots in the towels, at least.

Dry food is going mostly ignored, except by the two bigger kitties. The KMR continues to be devoured.

The runty one gets all shivery sometimes. He really worries me.

Hopefully Squid will have good news from the vet today. I hope they all come out clean for FelV and leukemia. :ohdear: I'll also be contacting a couple area shelters to get their input on fostering.

Hoping to move them out of the bathroom later today and into a big cardboard box in the office, but I'm willing to bet that's a bad idea until I know they're flea free.

Thank you for the name suggestions!

my cat is norris fucked around with this message at 12:38 on Sep 27, 2016

my cat is norris
Mar 11, 2010

#onecallcat

X-posting from cute thread.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HTranBdMaxE

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=p7AKm-g6zvk

my cat is norris
Mar 11, 2010

#onecallcat

The webcam'll be boring now for sure. Shortest foster ever!

The vet's office volunteered to take on the kittens at no added cost to us. The kittens will be given great care and love before they're homed. This is great for me and Squid, as our home is somewhat cramped, and we have Norris and Geki who deserve our utmost attention. Still, I'll miss the teeny things. The black one was such a lovey.

Health check, for the curious -- runty one has respiratory issues (probable URI); only the tabby is female; no obvious ear mites; fleas can be treated through bathing and combing and glaring; infection(s) will be treated with ointment.

Byebye, babbycats!

my cat is norris
Mar 11, 2010

#onecallcat

Norris is super obsessed with peanut butter. He gets vicious in his demands for it if I ever eat peanut butter toast.

Emma's sweet! Would love to see that last pic working, so I can get a peek at Luna, too.

my cat is norris
Mar 11, 2010

#onecallcat

Squidtentacle took Geki to the vet yesterday for her final shots. She has a tag now and everything; an official catte!

Also, he got good news regarding the pack of four kittens we found. All four are doing very well, and they already have homes. One is going home with a vet staffer, and the other three are going home with someone on the grooming staff.

The runty one I was so worried about is apparently thriving, too. It's a good ending. :shobon:

my cat is norris
Mar 11, 2010

#onecallcat

and you didn't even get hit all that hard by matthew

imagine what could have been

my cat is norris
Mar 11, 2010

#onecallcat

Image not working! :(

my cat is norris
Mar 11, 2010

#onecallcat

It's nice to see the girls relaxing enough for play time. :kimchi:

my cat is norris
Mar 11, 2010

#onecallcat

Henry and George are such interesting-looking boys. I'm sure they'll have no trouble finding a permanent home!

How are Elsa and Anna doing with their socialization? Are they still shy?

my cat is norris
Mar 11, 2010

#onecallcat

Oho, my mistake! Congratulations on the new adoptees!

my cat is norris
Mar 11, 2010

#onecallcat

Ah! I'm glad you got it working!!

my cat is norris
Mar 11, 2010

#onecallcat

It looks like your black cat has helpfully come with white spots for easier...spotting. :haw:

my cat is norris
Mar 11, 2010

#onecallcat

Yay, Butters! Yay, persiankitty! :neckbeard:

my cat is norris
Mar 11, 2010

#onecallcat

I sing to my cats all the time. Sometimes I even use pre-existing melodies. Most of the time I just make up the tune as I go, though WHAT'S NEW PUSSYCAT is always a favorite to sing to Norris.

(When it comes on the radio I dance with him and he hates hit. :kimchi:)

my cat is norris
Mar 11, 2010

#onecallcat

Cat butts really do make very nice pillows. I use Norris's butt for a pillow whenever he permits.

my cat is norris
Mar 11, 2010

#onecallcat

I wish I could give her a home. :sigh:

my cat is norris
Mar 11, 2010

#onecallcat

Chili I'm coming to your house right now. :catstare:

my cat is norris
Mar 11, 2010

#onecallcat

Marchegiana posted:

Good news! Kittens were given the OK and will be coming back to my house tomorrow morning. They'll be on a special diet and liquid meds, but otherwise should be fine. More photos and videos to come!

That's great news!

And wow, Mamacat sure is pretty. Looks like she's very alert and attentive, too -- like she's way into you already, Chili.

my cat is norris
Mar 11, 2010

#onecallcat

My boyfriend and I share a terrible sense of humor.

http://www.youtubemultiplier.com/58657c4b9a1a2-adorable-kitty-phalanx.php

(Phalanx is a boss in Demon's Souls that's a collective of many small creatures all huddled together to form a large mass. Not as cute as these kittens.)

my cat is norris
Mar 11, 2010

#onecallcat

Dewgy posted:

Nice catpile, Chili. :3: Momma's adorable too.

:3: :3: :3: :3: :3:

I needed to laugh like this today, work sucks. Not exactly the right thread, but have something similar I made a few years ago as thanks.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0qyMNvq3RpY

Ahahaha, really nice choice of music for that clip. :3 Also glad the Phalanx joke was appreciated by someone else.

my cat is norris
Mar 11, 2010

#onecallcat

That's the weirdest loss edit I've seen in awhile.

my cat is norris
Mar 11, 2010

#onecallcat

Geki was SUPER into that video. Haven't seen her cock her head so much at YouTube before. I think she likes babies.

I like these babies, too. :kimchi:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

my cat is norris
Mar 11, 2010

#onecallcat

I want to give Grizzly a home with a fluffy bed he can share with anyone special enough to meet his obviously rigorous standards. ;~;