Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Springfield Fatts
May 24, 2010
Pillbug
Whoa, what's up thread I didn't know about. I'm currently living in Vietnam and working with a local rescue group. Here's Rocky the lovable old man I'm fostering.

He's got a patch of fur still growing in from his surgery when he was brought into the clinic. He was found being attacked by some scumfucks in an alley which left permanent stiffness in his back legs but other than that he's a chill dog.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Springfield Fatts
May 24, 2010
Pillbug
A.R.C. - Animal Rescue Care is a small organization in HCMC (former Saigon). We work with a Vietnamese vet and a lot of volunteers to take care of dogs & cats. I've only been with the group for about 4 months, I participate in the dogwalking and maintain the financial books for them. We have a pretty extensive cat group, but I'm incredibly allergic to cats so I don't have much interaction with that branch. Currently we've got five dogs in shelter, and handful others in foster. Like 20+ cats but those come and go into homes much faster than dogs in this city.

This is Nau, another dog we had who was just adopted last week. He was hit on his muzzle with a machete, it was split all the way up his scar but it healed really well and you'd have no idea other than his chunk of nose missing. He's a very sweet dog who will make a great pet.

I swear not all of the animals have been attacked by people, we just had a few more dramatic cases recently. To cleanse your palette here's a more accurate picture or Rocky in his natural setting: sleeping directly in front of the purifier hogging up all the clean air.