Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

coolusername
Aug 23, 2011

cooltitletext

butterscotch the infinite

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

coolusername
Aug 23, 2011

cooltitletext
Can you put him in a large carrier with pillows and toy in a different room and lock him in? Just from when he starts to fuss until you wake up.

coolusername
Aug 23, 2011

cooltitletext
So I'm doing my first foster. The (adult) cat is a former feral, but super cuddly - hell, the worst interruption to my sleep is that she cuddles SO hard that I'll wake up with her embracing my entire head like a hat and purring.

The problem is she uses her teeth and claws when playing because previous foster homes didn't... teach her not to. Straight up mauling and scratching and ignoring me when I yelp and push her away, and she'll randomly attack me to try and play with me.

coolusername
Aug 23, 2011

cooltitletext
Weird poo poo indeed.

Kitty has a forever home! They found her a big family, which should give her all the attention her little heart desires, so she'll be leaving in a few days.

I miss her already but I'm trying to be strong for my first successful foster!

coolusername
Aug 23, 2011

cooltitletext
Sneaking in here for a quick question.

So, I'm fostering a new cat: 5 years old, former housecat (we think) that was abandoned on the street. He's got some injuries from that.

He arrived 3 days ago, found the futon under my bed and is living there in my bedroom. He clearly sneaks out when I'm asleep and out, since food disappears and the litter box is used. If I lie down on my stomach and reach under, he'll let me pet him for a while and purr, but he sure as hell isn't coming out.

Any tips to help me? Because sooner or later I'm going to have to catch him and get him back to the vet for a check up, and right now I can't even get to him.

coolusername
Aug 23, 2011

cooltitletext
Progress! I’ve been spending lots of time quietly on my phone, reading, etc. nearby and the cat has begun to randomly yell at me and has left two times from under the bed to dart out for water and snacks rather than waiting until I was asleep.

I assume the randomly yelling bit is progress at least.

coolusername
Aug 23, 2011

cooltitletext
Progress: If I'm sitting very quietly on my laptop and pretending diligently that I don't notice, the kittycat will now exit the futon under the bed and alternate between checking out the room and staring into my soul. Of course, if I 'notice' the cat is now wandering around in my room, he goes back under.

So we've gone from 'hiding completely' to 'accepting scratches if I go under' to 'exploring even if I'm in the room'.

Gotta work my way up to cuddling!

coolusername
Aug 23, 2011

cooltitletext
I've been fostering this cat for 6 months and he still hasn't found a home cause no one wants an ugly abandoned adult boy, and I leave the country next year. I don't know what I can do and if he goes back to the foster home they'll have to basically keep him in a pound situation for god knows how long. He's so affectionate and attached to me and I don't want him to get thrown on the streets again.

How do I get this cat adopted?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

coolusername
Aug 23, 2011

cooltitletext
Can't, I'm traveling for my job and I wouldn't even finish getting him through Australian customs before I'd be moving on again. I'm not in a career where I can keep pets with me long term.