Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

I brought my Drake
Jul 10, 2014

These high-G injections have some serious side effects after pulling so many jumps.

Fery's facial inkblot just slays me with cute.

Tax: http://livestream.com/tinykittens

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

I brought my Drake
Jul 10, 2014

These high-G injections have some serious side effects after pulling so many jumps.

Booger Presley posted:

Fery a few weeks before we caught her:

"Can you help me? Someone smeared gray on my nose and I can't get it off."

I brought my Drake
Jul 10, 2014

Tendai posted:

His expression is so enigmatic

Is he startled that you caught him doing something?

Is he full of existential dread?

Is he staring vacantly off into nothing like cats do?

What a good cat :3:

Every time Butters sees the camera he thinks it's taking his last known photo. :ohdear:

I brought my Drake
Jul 10, 2014

Chili posted:

Alirght, everyone. I need help.

What shape is this?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DrX2S8eSNH0

The perfect shape. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1m66b9H724Y&t=2m29s

I brought my Drake
Jul 10, 2014

Chili posted:

I'm probably going to be setting up a kitten cam as well so my wife and all of you can drop in from time to time to watch the craziness.

...we could have had Buttercam all this time? :saddowns:

(You could charge for the live feed and then afford to foster all the cats!)

Seriously though, setting up 24/7 cams like that, how do you keep the kittens from destroying the equipment?

I brought my Drake
Jul 10, 2014

And Anna gives herself a quick groom while mashing her sister into the carpet. Kittens. :allears:

I brought my Drake
Jul 10, 2014

Dennis is up and playing right now. :kimchi:

I brought my Drake
Jul 10, 2014

In my head I added a cowbell and a calf moo.

I brought my Drake
Jul 10, 2014

I brought my Drake
Jul 10, 2014

So what was Butterscotch looking at so intently last week?

I brought my Drake
Jul 10, 2014

I like how Polar's having a king of the hill contest with the drop cloth and losing. :allears:

I brought my Drake
Jul 10, 2014

Monday I had to put my 12-year-old cat with cancer to sleep. Tuesday, I went visiting the local shelters not intending to adopt a cat at all but ended up doing just that. He was found on the street as an eight-week-old kitten in 2015 and lived his whole life so far in a 2x2x2 metal cage at the animal control center. Like hell he wasn't coming home with me. Domestic longhair, all black, molten gold eyes, FIV/FELV negative, needs to be neutered. Hard to photograph.

He's in the spare bedroom with connected bathroom with food and litter, but afaik he's bunking in the open carrier and hisses whenever anyone gets too close. I've been leaving him be. My other cat knows there's a newcomer and she's seen him but they're separated. (She also misses her sister.) I'm worried the new guy has soiled the crate towel (I can't smell anything though) but I don't want to freak him out even more.

It's been 12 years since I've done this and I'm terrified I'm doing it wrong and this poor cat who was a lovebug on death row at animal control won't ever be happy here.

I brought my Drake
Jul 10, 2014

There's some progress with the little soot sprite. He's eating and litterboxing and playing with toys--as long as we're not around. I've been camped out on the guest room bed since I put his food down and managed to see him eating, but the second he saw me he froze and backpedaled under the bed.

I've tried interactive toys and treats without success. Am I just too impatient?

I brought my Drake
Jul 10, 2014

So my new cat is a) tentatively named Shyguy, b) starting to come out for pets, and c) bit my girlfriend by accident. He was enjoying scratches and brushings and from what I understand (I wasn't there when it happened) tried a love bite and pressed down too hard. She messaged me from the urgent care clinic in tears thinking Shyguy didn't like her. I think it's because he doesn't know how rough he's playing or biting because he was stuck in a cage for two years.

How can I discourage him from those nips and bites without sending him right back into his shell? When he came to me for pets (and I was so excited) and tried to nibble my fingers, I told him no and stopped petting him. Waited a little while, went back to petting, and when he tried it again, repeated it. This is what the cat care book suggests.

He's also getting neutered tomorrow and that supposedly mellows out male cats. Raising a boy cat is new to me.

(BTW I keep posting here because he's technically a rescue, is that ok?)

I brought my Drake
Jul 10, 2014

We're fostering the weirdest-looking kitten from the local SPCA.

Unlike my other two cats, she has two modes, bouncing off the walls and passed out asleep.

Pixel and Freddie don't quite know what to make of her yet. Fred is super-curious but wary of the new kitten's in-your-face approach.

Any ideas?

I brought my Drake
Jul 10, 2014

She's probably going to be a foster failure. She came to us with GI issues and a chest cold and was just so pitiful. Now she's fat and bouncy. :3:

I brought my Drake
Jul 10, 2014

Two more days till we sign the paperwork and she's ours. We're not allowed to feed her anything other than what the SPCA gave us. We've got nice food, sweet potato treats, all that lined up for her. Whatever's in the food they gave us is making her try and eat her poop, or at least I think so.

Gotta admit, I'm not impressed by the locality-funded shelters around here. We can't even take her to our own vet--we have to make a 90-minute round trip to the shelter because that's the only vet she can go to. And Fred came to us with ear mites. I'm glad we have them because I don't want to think about either animal being with a bad foster home.

I brought my Drake
Jul 10, 2014

My girlfriend's mom lives in the middle of nowhere in South Carolina and now has three cats that she can't take care of because she's a long haul trucker and is gone for most of the time. Her sister stole a bunch of things from her house and abandoned the cats there. None of the local rescues will take them, so we're bringing them back with us to a rescue that might take them. we can't take them because of our situation with our existing pets. I can't be there to help because I'm stuck at work. I'm sad and angry and frustrated. I'm hoping that if we offer to sponsor their care at the rescue or give them a donation or something they would be more willing to take them. I just feel sick that someone would just abandon animals trusted to their care. They were days without anyone in the house I don't even know if they got fed. I guess I'm just posting in rage and frustration because I feel so helpless right now.

I brought my Drake
Jul 10, 2014

Thanks Chili. The cats have been delivered safely, they've been sponsored, and we made a donation. My GF is pretty torn up about it and blames herself for not doing more but I told her that she did what she could and now they have a much better chance.

We saw a pair of Anatolian Pyrenees puppies and that cheered us both up somewhat.

https://i.imgur.com/39Ero50.mp4

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

I brought my Drake
Jul 10, 2014

Ockhams Crowbar posted:

Everyone's heard of that farm where old dogs go to live out the rest of their lives, lay in the sun, chase chickens and sleep as much as they want. My wife and I live on that farm.

Not letting this one go by unloved. Y'all do good work. :kimchi: