Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

pandaid
Feb 9, 2004

RAWR
I helped socialize a bonded pair of brothers named Windy (grey) and Sunny (orange). Both were described as shy at first, but after a few weeks it was like a switch turned on in Windy's brain and he went from suspicious to a complete love bug/attention hog. It was to the point where I realized it was good he had a bonded cat buddy because he was TOO demanding of attention. Sunny learned by watching him and got better with people but was still shy. 6 months after they were adopted, Sunny was starting to bond with his people. It's good to have a pair where one is out going and one is shy but they both love each other. It's a well balanced household.

I socialized them with the fleece ribbon wand. I would use it to get them to willingly come closer and closer to me. Then I started touching them with it. Then I tried brief touches on their paws. I got tagged once good for my trouble, but the step by step approach really worked. Like I said, that process took weeks. They came in at 6 months old, semi feral. Whatever you can do to get the cat to make it happen on their terms.

pandaid fucked around with this message at 03:24 on Apr 6, 2016

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU