Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

mcmagic
Jul 1, 2004

If you see this avatar while scrolling the succ zone, you have been visited by the mcmagic of shitty lib takes! Good luck and prosperity will come to you, but only if you reply "shut the fuck up mcmagic" to this post!
This is Quincy who I am fostering and he's a very nice boy.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

mcmagic
Jul 1, 2004

If you see this avatar while scrolling the succ zone, you have been visited by the mcmagic of shitty lib takes! Good luck and prosperity will come to you, but only if you reply "shut the fuck up mcmagic" to this post!

mcmagic posted:

This is Quincy who I am fostering and he's a very nice boy.

Oops!

mcmagic fucked around with this message at 14:21 on May 16, 2020

mcmagic
Jul 1, 2004

He got adopted today. :/

mcmagic
Jul 1, 2004

Lead out in cuffs posted:

Yep. It's always hard to see them go, and taking time to grieve is normal and good, but yay on him getting a permanent family!

I only had him for like 10 days. Apparently cats are flying off the shelves these days.

mcmagic
Jul 1, 2004

This is going to be interesting.....

mcmagic
Jul 1, 2004

drrockso20 posted:

Did you find some new friends?

They are fosters.

mcmagic
Jul 1, 2004

Boogalo posted:

So...potential new friends.

I prefer “House guests”. Heh. I can’t keep them.

mcmagic
Jul 1, 2004

I'm 90% sure they are all girls so left to right:

Jesse, Aerith and Tifa

mcmagic
Jul 1, 2004

I. M. Gei posted:

Should’a named the first one Yuffie. COME ON MAN :colbert:

LOL I've only played the remake.

mcmagic
Jul 1, 2004

I wouldn't start ripping your house apart as long as you know he's able to get out of he wants to. He's not going to starve himself to death.

mcmagic
Jul 1, 2004

LOL what a little rear end in a top hat. My dumb rear end cat has been behind my waterheater twice and I needed to basically take apart my HVAC system both times.

mcmagic
Jul 1, 2004

She just hit 2 pounds. She's bigger than her other 2 littermates.

mcmagic
Jul 1, 2004

Aerith got spayed yesterday so she's supposed to be on bed rest for a few days and I took all the high shelves out of their crate but she isn't really cooperating....

mcmagic fucked around with this message at 04:32 on Jul 9, 2020

mcmagic
Jul 1, 2004

The director of the foster group I'm working with was pretty forceful about her not being active so I ended up kind of sealing the top half of the crate off with shelves and a big cardboard box so she can't climb. I don't have a happy kitten right now.

mcmagic
Jul 1, 2004

So I had to say goodbye to Tifa yesterday. She got adopted!

I still have her 2 sisters. One of them had her spay last week and there is this big gnarly bump by the scar which I haven't seen before. Apparently it might need to get drained this week.

mcmagic
Jul 1, 2004

Aerith and Jesse are both getting adopted tomorrow and I'm less than thrilled about it. These were a good pair....

mcmagic
Jul 1, 2004

New foster litter! This orange dude is like twice the size of his 2 sisters.

mcmagic
Jul 1, 2004

Kwyndig posted:

Orange boys are big and great.

He's over a pound bigger than his 2 littermates lol

mcmagic
Jul 1, 2004

Curiosity posted:

Thanks she's pretty great! She already has a home lined up :) Just gotta learn to be a house kitty. She's been crying at night which is breaking my heart, I've gotta work out a better overnight solution for her than the xl dog kennel but she's determined to make herself a tiny ball in the hardest to reach spots if we let her loose.

I shall kitten proof more space for your stupid cute face, kitty.

She looks just like my foster... This is also a really great cat.

mcmagic
Jul 1, 2004

The 2 cats with the best personalities I've had by far since I started fostering are both little black girls. This one I have now is very close to becoming a foster fail.

mcmagic
Jul 1, 2004

She's getting adopted today and I'm not super happy about it....

mcmagic
Jul 1, 2004

The highlights of my TNR project tonight included the woman who's house we were at showing us the bags with the ashes of cats she's going to be buried with and her going leaving food outside of the trap we had set for the cats because she felt so bad about us telling her not to feed them for 24 hours before we tried to get them.

mcmagic
Jul 1, 2004

Haji posted:

Yeah. I can't deal with other people and their weird issues. I basically TNRd my neighborhood against the wishes of some neighbors. I have a few neighbors that also let their dogs run free. I know I neutered at least one neighbors pet. People suck. I'm sorry you're dealing with crazy. But good on you for doing TNR

lol it's fine. It's a funny story and we prevented at least 3 preggo moms from having kittens outside.

mcmagic
Jul 1, 2004

Caught a cat this AM for TNR with a super large gaping wound on his face that I won't post a picture of but fingers crossed that he can be saved. He's a very big (like 20+ lb) pretty boy..... I'm going to foster him if he has any potential so hopefully this becomes a good story.

mcmagic fucked around with this message at 18:02 on Jun 8, 2021

mcmagic
Jul 1, 2004

mcmagic posted:

Caught a cat this AM for TNR with a super large gaping wound on his face that I won't post a picture of but fingers crossed that he can be saved. He's a very big (like 20+ lb) pretty boy..... I'm going to foster him if he has any potential so hopefully this becomes a good story.

Big guy is in surgery now to get his face fixed and to fix him. Send happy thoughts.

mcmagic
Jul 1, 2004

Surgery went good! I'm going to get the guy tomorrow and I'll be fostering him for a few weeks at least. I'll post pics tomorrow.

mcmagic
Jul 1, 2004

Commissar Kayla posted:

A friend of mine heard this kitten crying on her porch on Friday morning, and I said that my husband and I could foster him, but that we couldn't handle a third cat right now. He's about ten weeks old (ish) and is easily startled, but loves to snuggle, purr, sleep on you, eat his weight in cat food every day, and most importantly, attack hoodie strings and rolled up receipts. He wasn't chipped and my friend hasn't found any lost cat/kitten postings that at all resemble him, so I'm either going to get him a new home or we're going to fall in love with him.

We haven't named him because we are still trying to say he is Not Our Cat, but my husband said that if we were to name him, Bandit would be a cute name. He does kind of look like he's wearing a mask.

Congrats on your new cat.

Here is the big guy home from the vet and looking very pathetic and sad and dirty from the vet and being outside. I'm very optimistic about him though. He was super upset last night and thrashed around the crate a little bit upset about the cone and the change of location but he is much calmer today, will let me touch and pet him without being aggressive at all and even ate a bunch of baby food off a spoon and my finger.

mcmagic
Jul 1, 2004

Haji posted:

Oh. Poor thing. Is he missing eyes too or is that just his surgical recovery face?

If you throw a blanket on the cage and make sure there's just one opening to stare out of, he'll feel safer and thrash less, but make sure to secure the blanket or he'll just drag it into the cage with him and put it in his litter box

It's recovery face. His eyes are gooey but I think they are OK. I did have a blanket on the cage last night and left the room super dark when he was upset. He has really calmed down today though. He ate and is letting me clean him a little with a damp paper towel.

mcmagic fucked around with this message at 16:09 on Jun 10, 2021

mcmagic
Jul 1, 2004

Haji posted:

I imagine the hot washcloth treatment feels fantastic. Our kitties always get a good purr going for it. Must feel pretty good for him after all the rough time he just went through. I think your fostering plan is going to go really well. After all the care he's getting he's definitely going to understand that people can be pretty awesome. He should make a good pet for some lucky person

I think it's likely that he was an inside cat who was put out a few years ago. He really doesn't tense up when he's touched like most of the ferals we come across in TNR and he'll let me pick him up relatively easy though I'm not sure how much of that is being zonked from meds and stress.

mcmagic
Jul 1, 2004

Comrade Cakewalk posted:

I've decided mama's name is Starlight. IDK on baby names yet. Everyone is still alive and well!

This lil punk has been hissing at me and he just opened his eyes today! So cute.

Yeah this is absolutely not a feral cat. Even a drugged feral cat wouldn't lick baby food out of a spoon from a stranger. Is he otherwise healthy? No FIV? FeLV?

He’s FIV+.

mcmagic
Jul 1, 2004

Commissar Kayla posted:

Also, McMagic, that poor guy! I hope he heals up soon. He looks like he needs more treats, though. Lots of treats.

He's getting lots of treats and he loves them very much. lol

mcmagic
Jul 1, 2004

We've got a litter sitter situation here. He got his drain taken out today. Another week for the stitches. Also, I named him Marv after the guy from Sin City. Figured big dude, messed up face so it fit.

mcmagic
Jul 1, 2004

Haji posted:

Is that when he finally gets rid of the cone of shame too?

Not 100% sure on that one. They needed to pull the skin on his face very tight to close up the wound so everything is pretty fragile and one scratch from his hind leg could really do some damage so I have a feeling he'll be in the cone for a bit more. He's SOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO bad at eating with it on too.

mcmagic
Jul 1, 2004

Stitches out tomorrow! And his eye is feeling good enough to give me side eye cat contempt look.

mcmagic
Jul 1, 2004

Booger Presley posted:

Man I'm in cat limbo

We have eight cats. Seven trapped (in our yard) and conditioned to the way. They all live in luxury and housed retirement.

Our friend has a ton of chickens, and is oddly consumed with cats. He does not feed/care for them. They shall eat mice.

We have abducted and sought medical attention for the weakest. They are safe. I know of >dozen of cats.

At what point do we smite him and reacue the cats?

What's the marginal cost in having another cat after cat 8...... might as well keep going.

mcmagic
Jul 1, 2004

We took one of our outside cats that we had previously TNR'd to the e-vet today since none of the regular vets were able to get her in to look at a limp in her back leg and they charged us, a TNR and rescue group, 700 dollars to examine her and take xrays. It's really just reprehensible.

mcmagic
Jul 1, 2004

Losing a cat you've rescued is loving gutting. At least you made her last few days comfortable and she didn't have to be outside.

mcmagic
Jul 1, 2004

So Marv got adopted! And he's in for a life of chillaxing (pictured here in his natural state with his forever dad)

I will also bless this thread with my new fosters....

mcmagic fucked around with this message at 14:09 on Jul 19, 2021

mcmagic
Jul 1, 2004

Working on a TNR project over the last few days with 22 cats and counting. You should TNR it's very fun.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

mcmagic
Jul 1, 2004

Comrade Cakewalk posted:

Also, because I'm a lunatic, I have fosters in my bathroom too!

Yeeeee! It's the Fungus Girls! Ringleader is Princess Peach.

First Deputy of Mischief, Princess Toadstool.

And then there's Domino. She's the shyest, so no Princess title yet.

They all have ringworm, so they need to get over that before they go to the no kill cat shelter. Can't wait to have my bathroom back, I need to finish the cabinets...

I usually do one or two RW litters or cats a year because it's a pain in the rear end but those guys are super cute. Hopefully you don't have a jailbreak lol