Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Neophyte
Apr 23, 2006

perennially
Taco Defender
That was awesome and cool to do Chili, but if there is a next time for the love of gently caress wear goggles or something! Talons and beaks are no bueno when panic-raking across your eyeballs.

I wonder if there's a medical code for "bird blinded"?

Edit: oh god there's codes for everything

Neophyte fucked around with this message at 22:44 on Jan 5, 2018

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Neophyte
Apr 23, 2006

perennially
Taco Defender

Chili posted:

Yes. You are 100% right. If I had anything like that at my disposal, I would've gone for them. But, I didn't. Time was of the essence, and most stores were closed. Also, when I got close to him the first time (unfilmed) it definitely didn't look like he had much in the tank. I was pretty hopeful that it would go easily.

And hey, the loss of an eyeball and a badass hawk scar ain't too bad. I could live with that.

Sure, I figured it was an emergency! But now you can go to Amazon and buy a few pairs of inexpensive Uvex safety glasses for next time bird friends show up. Or for the next panicked foster. Or to keep Butters from blinding you in floof at cuddle times (given your past videos you might want to invest in a snorkel too, lest you be Buttersmothered).

Neophyte
Apr 23, 2006

perennially
Taco Defender
To make you feel even worse, even with behavioural treatments it's going to be hard to stop him from doing it again without also totally removing all traces of cat piss that he (not you) can smell.

Honestly, the best way to do this would be to rip up all the carpet and padding in the basement and replace it with new flooring, preferably something non-porous like tile. You might also need to replace the baseboards and even some of the wallboard where the piss soaked into. If he really flooded the spots the subflooring might have urine wicked into it and that will need to be replaced too.

But obviously that would cost a shitload, so you're probably stuck with a long and tedious cleaning regimen.

Use gallons of enyzmatic cleaner, soak the carpet and padding with it, let it sit, then wetvac it out. Do this a few times. Wait for it to dry naturally (could be days) - it needs that time to neutralize it - while moving on to the next spot. Once the treated area is dry, repeat this whole process again, several times.

Do this for every possible spot he's pissed in and the area around those spots where the urine could have wicked - honestly might as well do the whole carpet unless it's really large.

Do your best with the wooden baseboards and walls/vertical surfaces, obviously you can't let it soak in those so clean and treat over and over and over and hope it didn't wick so deep into them the cleaner can't reach it.

And while all this is going on you'll have to keep the cats out of the basement else he'll probably just piss in it again and you'll have to start over.

Maybe he'll calm down when pilled and he'll stop on his own and none of this will be necessary, but I do not loving envy you man. You might do all this bullshit, get him treated with expensive meds, and he'll still keep pissing all over. On the bright side all this cleaning will probably eliminate any catpiss smell that us humans could sense, so at least there's that?

Good luck!

Neophyte fucked around with this message at 07:35 on Mar 28, 2018

Neophyte
Apr 23, 2006

perennially
Taco Defender

Chili posted:

Just time for a quick check in:

He's good with babies!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=27jiTbhCOKg

I died, I'm dead.

What a good Butters!

Edit: edited, still dead

Neophyte fucked around with this message at 01:28 on Oct 12, 2018

Neophyte
Apr 23, 2006

perennially
Taco Defender

:minnie:

Neophyte
Apr 23, 2006

perennially
Taco Defender

Pictured, right to left:

:3: "Oh, I hope I get adopted"

:3: "Hey! Adopt me!"

:3: "I'm so lonely, someone please adopt me..."

:black101: I WILL DESTROY YOU AND EVERYTHING YOU CARE FOR

Neophyte
Apr 23, 2006

perennially
Taco Defender
Trouble and Strife

Neophyte
Apr 23, 2006

perennially
Taco Defender
Is "grab and pet briefly" for de-feralizing kittens (not cats!) still advised? I've heard some rescuers say in the past that it gets the kitten over the initial fear of Big Scary Thing Will Eat Me and more in the mindset of Big Petting Thing Will Pet Me I Guess, but obviously if that doesn't happen you've made things worse vs. just taking it slower and allowing the kitten to accept you at their own pace.

Neophyte
Apr 23, 2006

perennially
Taco Defender

Dr. VooDoo posted:

Early morning zoomies after going the bathroom

Iirc you have to remove the "i" in the url link for it to embed properly in a post - or use the share bbcode that imgur will give you on the gallery page

https://imgur.com/2QB4F8M.mp4

heckin' good zoomies btw

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Neophyte
Apr 23, 2006

perennially
Taco Defender
I just want to echo everyone's thoughts, Butters was an amazing cat who got second (and third and fourth...) chances because of your diligent care. I'll miss his updates, but I'm glad he went peacefully in a loving home. Thank you for sharing him and caring for him all this time.

Godspeed Butterscotch, and may you finally eat your fill in cat heaven.