Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
A Wheezy Steampunk
Jul 16, 2006

High School Grads Eligible!
i'm in the market for some new headphones, what should i get

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

flakeloaf
Feb 26, 2003

Still better than android clock

if it says sennheiser on it you're probably doing something right

i love my hd 471s

Sham bam bamina!
Nov 6, 2012

ƨtupid cat
Beats by Dre by Apple

bump_fn
Apr 12, 2004

two of them
the thing that marty mcfly explodes in the beginning of bakc othe futrure

maniacdevnull
Apr 18, 2007

FOUR CUBIC FRAMES
DISPROVES SOFT G GOD
YOU ARE EDUCATED STUPID

I have cheapo jvc xxplosiv or some other horse poo poo name and they were 12 bucks and they fit the bill

Roosevelt
Jul 18, 2009

I'm looking for the man who shot my paw.

i want to get some noise canceling phones because the guy in the office next to me has a braying donkey laugh, and he's a sycophant who laughs at everything while he's talking to people on speakerphone. they're all $$$$ though. i suppose i'd be willing to pay if i knew a set that's worth it.

qirex
Feb 15, 2001

I really like my sony mdr-1r they are super comfortable and sound nice

Roosevelt posted:

i want to get some noise canceling phones because the guy in the office next to me has a braying donkey laugh, and he's a sycophant who laughs at everything while he's talking to people on speakerphone. they're all $$$$ though. i suppose i'd be willing to pay if i knew a set that's worth it.

noise canceling won't help with that, just get better headphones

Asshole Masonanie
Oct 27, 2009

by vyelkin
shure SE215

Sham bam bamina!
Nov 6, 2012

ƨtupid cat

Roosevelt posted:

glue his loving trap shut

Doc Block
Apr 15, 2003
Fun Shoe
i can't listen to music while i program because i rock out too hard

akadajet
Sep 14, 2003

bose quiet comfort noise canceling (i'm being serious they own)

CRIP EATIN BREAD
Jun 24, 2002

Hey stop worrying bout my acting bitch, and worry about your WACK ass music. In the mean time... Eat a hot bowl of Dicks! Ice T

Soiled Meat
these are p. good

http://www.shure.com/americas/products/earphones/se-earphones/se535-sound-isolating-earphones

flakeloaf
Feb 26, 2003

Still better than android clock

Roosevelt posted:

seconding the "noise canceling phones won't stop speech" train :(

my neighbour has a voice that could be used to summon whales and the guy jabbers on in italian for literally hours each day. putting in some earplugs then turning up my headphones just a tad keeps me from wanting to stuff his head in the drawer of my file cabinet and slam that drawer until it closes

Smythe
Oct 12, 2003

A Wheezy Steampunk posted:

i'm in the market for some new headphones, what should i get

PuTTY riot
Nov 16, 2002

Roosevelt posted:

Asshole Masonanie
Oct 27, 2009

by vyelkin

i had the older versions of these i got for half price and they fuckin owned. someone stole them from me

Bloody
Mar 3, 2013

audio-technicas op

big scary monsters
Sep 2, 2011

-~Skullwave~-
just save your money and learn to whistle, op

big scary monsters
Sep 2, 2011

-~Skullwave~-
or you could hum, it's like singing with your mouth shut

Fabricated
Apr 9, 2007

Living the Dream
I use that one $20something pair from Monoprice at work, they own

at home I have a pair of Grado SR80s which I need to find better earpads for

burning swine
May 26, 2004

get something full-aural if you want to be able to ignore your neighbor

sennheiser HD280 has been and remains one of the best low price headphone options. I think you can grab them for like $75 now

poty
Jun 21, 2008

虹はどこで終わるのですか? あなたの魂の中で、または地平線で?

qirex posted:

I really like my sony mdr-1r they are super comfortable and sound nice

noise canceling won't help with that, just get better headphones

it will help with that and worse. get the bose quietcomfort 25

Moist von Lipwig
Oct 28, 2006

by FactsAreUseless
Tortured By Flan

Bloody posted:

audio-technicas op

Moist von Lipwig
Oct 28, 2006

by FactsAreUseless
Tortured By Flan
i gots these they sound real nice http://www.amazon.com/Audio-Technica-ATH-A700x-Audiophile-Closed-back-Headphones/dp/B000E9VKUQ

Moist von Lipwig
Oct 28, 2006

by FactsAreUseless
Tortured By Flan
they weren't labelled 'audiophile' when I bought them

triple sulk
Sep 17, 2014

poty
Jun 21, 2008

虹はどこで終わるのですか? あなたの魂の中で、または地平線で?
lol that has "designed for airlines" written all over it

Asshole Masonanie
Oct 27, 2009

by vyelkin

these are very gaudy looking

Sham bam bamina!
Nov 6, 2012

ƨtupid cat
ive always wanted to wrap the stereo of a buick regal around my head

George
Nov 27, 2004

No love for your made-up things.
lol bose

angry_keebler
Jul 16, 2006

In His presence the mountains quake and the hills melt away; the earth trembles and its people are destroyed. Who can stand before His fierce anger?
mdr7506 is the answer to the question

Asshole Masonanie
Oct 27, 2009

by vyelkin
wearing can headphones in public is always worthy of mockery

Moist von Lipwig
Oct 28, 2006

by FactsAreUseless
Tortured By Flan

holy poo poo these are disgusting

akadajet
Sep 14, 2003

luxurious

Jonny 290
May 5, 2005

[ASK] me about OS/2 Warp
There are some $20 Sony headphones that are real good. If you pay $30 you can get them with a 4-pin and they'll work with your phone.

yeah these http://www.amazon.com/Sony-MDRZX110-Stereo-Headphones-Black/dp/B00NJ2M33I

akadajet
Sep 14, 2003

Jonny 290 posted:

There are some $20 Sony headphones that are real good. If you pay $30 you can get them with a 4-pin and they'll work with your phone.

yeah these http://www.amazon.com/Sony-MDRZX110-Stereo-Headphones-Black/dp/B00NJ2M33I

idk those look really cheapo

power botton
Nov 2, 2011

i have AKG 702s

Bloody
Mar 3, 2013

i have these but without the x so i guess probably just an older version or something can confirm they own although my pleather pads have turned extremely to poo poo and i had to replace the 1/8" jack

Captain Foo
May 11, 2004

we vibin'
we slidin'
we breathin'
we dyin'

i use some sennheisers that were at teh office when i got there, op, and they are good

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

KOTEX GOD OF BLOOD
Jul 7, 2012

AKG K240s and replace the earpads with beyerdynamic ones. congrats, you just got the best pair of headphones under $500 for less than $100

• Locked thread