Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Perplx
Jun 26, 2004

Best viewed on Orgasma Plasma
Lipstick Apathy

Shaggar posted:

sounds like you'll need to wait until the atv4 comes out because clearly your atv3 is too old and slow to do it

the atv4 has been out for months and it's amazing, but airplay is still flakey, i think airplay went to poo poo around ios 6 or 7

Perplx fucked around with this message at 14:38 on Apr 22, 2016

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Just-In-Timeberlake
Aug 18, 2003

Shaggar posted:

sounds like you'll need to wait until the atv4 comes out because clearly your atv3 is too old and slow to do it

atv4 is out, my brother has it, and airplay is still poo poo on it.

Just-In-Timeberlake
Aug 18, 2003
tbh i haven't turned on my ATV on since I got the FireTV because it's better in every way so the ATV/airplay issues don't affect me anymore

power botton
Nov 2, 2011

Just-In-Timeberlake posted:

tbh i haven't turned on my ATV on since I got the FireTV because it's better in every way so the ATV/airplay issues don't affect me anymore

this isn't very iSheep krew of you

A Wheezy Steampunk
Jul 16, 2006

High School Grads Eligible!
i have this http://www.amazon.com/URGE-Basics-Bluetooth-Technology-Smartphones/dp/B00PB6DOWY which i got from some some deal of the day site for $5 that suits my needs of making my ipad louder when i wash dishes

the yeti
Mar 29, 2008

memento disco

BANME.sh posted:

audioengine has a new bluetooth speaker out called the b2 and it looks (and probably sounds) amazing.

but $400 CAD :negative:

fwiw they have seconds at a modest discount now and then, that's how I got my A5s

Necc0
Jun 30, 2005

by exmarx
Broken Cake

BANME.sh posted:

sure why not. do any of you guys use bluetooth speakers at home or the office and what do you use/how do you like it

i have a jambox and it suits my needs

Necc0
Jun 30, 2005

by exmarx
Broken Cake

Just-In-Timeberlake posted:

atv4 is out, my brother has it, and airplay is still poo poo on it.

yeah they busted the protocol somehow. i remember i used to stream movies from my laptop all the time with no issues whatsoever but it suddenly went to poo poo a few years ago.

Smythe
Oct 12, 2003
i occasional chromecast music to my Bang and Olufsen Beomaster 4500 with attached twin horizontal-configured RedLine speakers.

Moist von Lipwig
Oct 28, 2006

by FactsAreUseless
Tortured By Flan
i listen to vinyl records on my turntable with a 30 year old amp and speakers that were union made in Canada

Sniep
Mar 28, 2004

All I needed was that fatty blunt...

King of Breakfast

Smythe posted:

i occasional chromecast music to my Bang and Olufsen Beomaster 4500 with attached twin horizontal-configured RedLine speakers.

you gotta explain what's going on with this sitch here

like those speaker connectors i can't even come up with a half rational explanation for what?

e: is that a hookup for 4 speakers? i guess? that makes somewhat more sense..

?

Sniep fucked around with this message at 20:40 on Apr 30, 2016

Fayez Butts
Aug 24, 2006

u never heard of quad stereo?

Smythe
Oct 12, 2003

Sniep posted:

you gotta explain what's going on with this sitch here

like those speaker connectors i can't even come up with a half rational explanation for what?

e: is that a hookup for 4 speakers? i guess? that makes somewhat more sense..

?

not sure tbh I've wondered it myself for many years. Very enigmatic and powerful.

Smythe
Oct 12, 2003
Yes it supports 4 speakers tho and j think more jf you have the beolink or something idk. I only have 2 speakers they are the bang and Olufsen Redline Speakers

Sniep
Mar 28, 2004

King of Breakfast

Smythe posted:

Yes it supports 4 speakers tho and j think more jf you have the beolink or something idk. I only have 2 speakers they are the bang and Olufsen Redline Speakers

yah you've mentioned

i actually looked them up one time when you mentioned them... how are your ABR baffles doing? not rotting out yet?

Sham bam bamina!
Nov 6, 2012

ƨtupid cat

Fayez Butts posted:

u never heard of quad stereo?
thats like saying "stereo mono"

Smythe
Oct 12, 2003

Sniep posted:

yah you've mentioned

i actually looked them up one time when you mentioned them... how are your ABR baffles doing? not rotting out yet?

not to my knowledge

Sniep
Mar 28, 2004

King of Breakfast

Smythe posted:

not to my knowledge

word

just looking them up the first time it was a common reverberation where people were DIYing replacements on those bass baffles

like hte #1 hit on goog for "b&o redline" is how to fix them

http://www.instructables.com/id/Replace-The-ABR-in-bang-and-olufsen-red-line-45s/

Panty Saluter
Jan 17, 2004

Making learning fun!

Moist von Lipwig posted:

i listen to vinyl records on my turntable with a 30 year old amp and speakers that were union made in Canada

hell yeah communist canuck speakers

Sniep
Mar 28, 2004

King of Breakfast
I've always wanted to make my own speakers but i'm not good enoug at woodworking yet

hopefully some day i can have some garage tools for wood poo poo and take a stab i'd love to do that

Knuc U Kinte
Aug 17, 2004

I like Beat by Dr Dre: Beats Pro.

Bloody
Mar 3, 2013

Sniep posted:

I've always wanted to make my own speakers but i'm not good enoug at woodworking yet

hopefully some day i can have some garage tools for wood poo poo and take a stab i'd love to do that

u make a bigass box outta thick mdf t hats the right size then u put drivers in it boom done

A Wheezy Steampunk
Jul 16, 2006

High School Grads Eligible!
are plasma speakers the most yospos

Sniep
Mar 28, 2004

King of Breakfast

A Wheezy Steampunk posted:

are plasma speakers the most yospos

no I think those setups where someone hooks up 8 floppy drives and manually drives the stepper motors is

qirex
Feb 15, 2001

electrostatic loudspeakers are pretty yospos in that they are gigantic, super fiddly [fragile, humidity sensitive], require extra speakers to actually hit full range and have a sweet spot only big enough for a single person to enjoy

Panty Saluter
Jan 17, 2004

Making learning fun!

qirex posted:

electrostatic loudspeakers are pretty yospos in that they are gigantic, super fiddly [fragile, humidity sensitive], require extra speakers to actually hit full range and have a sweet spot only big enough for a single person to enjoy

b0red
Apr 3, 2013

Sniep posted:

I've had plans drawn up for awhile for some nice PA cabnit speakers I want to build. My dad has a full woodshop in his garage and is pretty pro at it. Just gotta learn to wire the internals myself. Might make some monitors first before I try to build the big ones.

Panty Saluter
Jan 17, 2004

Making learning fun!
id like to build a sub and a kit is fine (preferable even, i have zero woodworking tools)

part sex press seems to be the only seller doing anything like this, does anyone know of another seller???

Jonny 290
May 5, 2005

[ASK] me about OS/2 Warp
nope, its parts express unless you wanna pay some hipster mustache $300 to run some wood through a router for you

Panty Saluter
Jan 17, 2004

Making learning fun!

Jonny 290 posted:

nope, its parts express unless you wanna pay some hipster mustache $300 to run some wood through a router for you

welp

if it were just a router i'd just buy some mdf and go crazy. i can probably make a clean-enough cut. i think :v:

really you need a table saw for the big bits and thats the killer

Jonny 290
May 5, 2005

[ASK] me about OS/2 Warp
find a buddy with table saw, buy 12-pack

he'll probably go ahead and route for the speakers for you too

Smythe
Oct 12, 2003

Panty Saluter posted:

welp

if it were just a router i'd just buy some mdf and go crazy. i can probably make a clean-enough cut. i think :v:

really you need a table saw for the big bits and thats the killer

home depot will cut boards for you with their huge saw

Panty Saluter
Jan 17, 2004

Making learning fun!

Smythe posted:

this is a good idea....hrmery

Sniep
Mar 28, 2004

King of Breakfast

Smythe posted:

they will wont they....

wonder how important it would be to do any like dovetail type poo poo or if just drilling and screwing together is enough

Panty Saluter
Jan 17, 2004

Making learning fun!
i was just wondering about that

i guess itd need clamps to hold the pieces together while gluing/screwing. maybe a tongue and groove thing would be useful???

this is why i never actually do these things. i start considering logistical realities, get tired and say gently caress it :effort:

Sham bam bamina!
Nov 6, 2012

ƨtupid cat
the yospos way

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Chill Callahan
Nov 14, 2012
etymotic

• Locked thread