Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
GODSPEED JOHN GLENN

I put my thumb up my bum and shut one eye, and my thumb blotted out the planet Earth.

Everybody else is doing it nowadays, so why not me? :shrug:
Anyhow, I've been working on this for a little bit, and I want to show you what's going on so far.

this is the main character. she KILLS GHOSTS with a SWORD

This is an old woman. Every video game needs an old woman

Testing the lighting effects.

This poo poo is really fun to draw

look. trees

Animation is cool, but it's a pain in the rear end and I have a lot to learn

??

Squiggle-ghost

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

MrWillsauce

that's DOPE

treasure bear

obscenely talented space man john glenn does it again

Scaly Haylie

very nice. does the main character have any sort of power that facilitates killing ghosts with a sword? is it the sword itself?

City of Glompton

looks cool gsjg

Luvcow

One day nearer spring
i keep hoping you'll post in the m'art'ch thread but:

MrWillsauce posted:

that's DOPE

treasure bear posted:

FluffieDuckie

john it warms my heart to see you drawing something not in a space suit

i love your trees. they have personality

Thank you for the beautiful sig Machai!

GODSPEED JOHN GLENN

I put my thumb up my bum and shut one eye, and my thumb blotted out the planet Earth.

MrWillsauce posted:

that's DOPE

:)

treasure bear posted:

:dance:

Lizard Wizard posted:

very nice. does the main character have any sort of power that facilitates killing ghosts with a sword? is it the sword itself?

it's a magic, ghost killing sword. so, like, she couldn't just strangle a ghost to death or anything

City of Glompton posted:

looks cool gsjg

thank you!

Luvcow

One day nearer spring
oh... my posts are apparently invisible :(

GODSPEED JOHN GLENN

Luvcow posted:

i keep hoping you'll post in the m'art'ch thread but:

I'm way too lazy

FluffieDuckie posted:

john it warms my heart to see you drawing something not in a space suit

i love your trees. they have personality

damnit. now I have to put a space suit in this game and it's not going to make any sense.

also, I used real trees for models.

GODSPEED JOHN GLENN

Luvcow posted:

oh... my posts are apparently invisible :(

ur mom is invisible

MrWillsauce

:boom:

Luvcow

One day nearer spring

GODSPEED JOHN GLENN posted:

ur mom is invisible

:drat:

MrWillsauce

John Glenn is a true polymath; from zingers to video games, what can't this guy do?

Scaly Haylie

what existing game would you compare your game-in-progress to? i'm getting kind of a castlevania vibe.

GODSPEED JOHN GLENN

Lizard Wizard posted:

what existing game would you compare your game-in-progress to? i'm getting kind of a castlevania vibe.

Yep. I've wanted to make a castlevania game ever since I played 2 as a kid. I'm not Konami, though, so I'm just doing whatever the gently caress I want.

MrWillsauce

let me know if you need an ideas guy

FluffieDuckie

i'm full of gaming ideas

have you considered making it so players can build things with cubes?

Thank you for the beautiful sig Machai!

google THIS

tfw you just give up and make a video game

Luvcow

One day nearer spring

Lizard Wizard posted:

i'm getting kind of a castlevania vibe.

holy crap, exactly what i was thinking

hemale in pain

the drawings are really good!!

my suggestion is to make the sword haunted

Yobgoblin

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
I wish you luck on creating your game, GSGJ! SA should have plenty of coders and composers lounging about. The yob already has a few!

GODSPEED JOHN GLENN posted:

ur mom is invisible

lol

----------------
This thread brought to you by a tremendous dickhead!

Scaly Haylie

Luvcow posted:

holy crap, exactly what i was thinking

it's the stairs.

Admiral_eX_laX

Historically Inaccurate
GSJG went to the moon and brought back moon powers

bacalou

the story is about gsgj's wife killing enough ghosts in medieval moon-england to earn enough dead-ghost-dollars for a space suit so she can go back home and get drawn

bacalou

the title? drawn to life

bacalou

he hired me on as a creative consultant last month and i've been dropping gems like this through sms every day

bacalou

he rejected my idea of him being a deadite at the end and i'm really upset about it

Luvcow

One day nearer spring

bacalou posted:

the story is about gsgj's wife killing enough ghosts in medieval moon-england to earn enough dead-ghost-dollars for a space suit so she can go back home and get drawn

bacalou posted:

the title? drawn to life

Admiral_eX_laX

Historically Inaccurate

bacalou posted:

he rejected my idea of him being a deadite at the end and i'm really upset about it

i believe he should reconsider

cute anime girl

Cool poo poo as always. Do you do commissions as well? You should so you can get all the :10bux: to fund the game and coffee.

bacalou

oh sure, NOW text me and tell me to expand on the deadite idea

kowtowing to public opinion jfc

bacalou

here's a fun fact: jyob poster eternal honor chiaki mukai is also making a game, but it's a depressed flower simulator

bacalou

i guess if you want to get really existentially poetic, they're both depressed flower simulators

bacalou

spoiler: the old lady's name is chonto gro-hunt and she is a magical fifth generation lunar haberdasher

Saint Isaias Boner

hi how are you

this rules. godspeed, john glenn.

hi how are you ♥

Awesome!

Ready for adventure!

what engine are you using? there is a game dev thread over in games that might have some useful info

GODSPEED JOHN GLENN

Admiral_eX_laX posted:

GSJG went to the moon and brought back moon powers

in the end, though, the wise, old mission commander revealed that the moon powers were inside us all along.

bacalou posted:

bacalou posted:

the title? drawn to life

poo poo. now I have to change everything

bacalou posted:

no idea what a deatite is

cute anime girl posted:

Cool poo poo as always. Do you do commissions as well? You should so you can get all the :10bux: to fund the game and coffee.

I don't draw anime, friend

Saint Isaias Boner posted:

this rules. godspeed, john glenn.

:yayclod:

Awesome! posted:

what engine are you using? there is a game dev thread over in games that might have some useful info

I'm putting it together in Construct 2 because I am strong of back and weak of mind. Who knows what I will eventually make it with, though.

b h m

SQUIGGLE GHOSTS *runs*

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

HUSKY DILF

aggressively chill
I would play this game :love::allears:

• Locked thread