Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Applewhite
Aug 16, 2014

by vyelkin
Nap Ghost
What reading material you keep says a lot about you. These pictures are probably a window into my madness.

E: Added all the shelves I posted throughout the thread to the OP.

Applewhite fucked around with this message at 23:57 on Mar 20, 2016

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Commie NedFlanders
Mar 8, 2014

too much white

minimal apple

rated 3

ProfessorMurder
Aug 27, 2003

I can wet the bed in the shape of Abraham Lincoln
poo poo this thread came a day too early. I'm getting all my old books out of storage tomorrow and rebuilding my bookshelves. I'll post pics on Sunday if this thread is still active.

Putty
Mar 21, 2013

HOOKED ON THE BROTHERS
i read Maus in elementary school

Shaquin
May 12, 2007
many of those appear to be comics and not actually books you appear to have the shelves of a child hth

Applewhite
Aug 16, 2014

by vyelkin
Nap Ghost

ProfessorMurder posted:

poo poo this thread came a day too early. I'm getting all my old books out of storage tomorrow and rebuilding my bookshelves. I'll post pics on Sunday if this thread is still active.

I'll try to space out my posts. I didn't want to post all my shelves at once in case the thread got slow.

Here's some more:

Applewhite
Aug 16, 2014

by vyelkin
Nap Ghost

Shaquin posted:

many of those appear to be comics and not actually books you appear to have the shelves of a child hth

Would a child be able to afford so many trade paperbacks? :smug:

Commie NedFlanders
Mar 8, 2014

this is a cointelpro thread if i ever saw one

Nooner
Mar 26, 2011

AN A+ OPSTER (:
ive been staying at my girlfriends the last few days cause my roommate has the flu and i dont want to get sick so i cant take a picture of my bookshelf but i mainly have Hemingway and Fitzgerald and Burroughs and a couple Updike books and also some textbooks from when I was in college that were actually good and worth owning because they had some legit knowledge in them and werent just some $300 piece of trash the professor wrote themselves and forced you to buy

Applewhite
Aug 16, 2014

by vyelkin
Nap Ghost

Commie NedFlanders posted:

this is a cointelpro thread if i ever saw one

elaborate?

drunk dog
Apr 6, 2014

Resident Millennial
yea here it is

ProfessorMurder
Aug 27, 2003

We need to dispel the idea that comics and graphic novels are for children. They are mainly written for adults who understand adult themes. I mean, come on, Doctor Manhattan had an exposed penis.

drunk dog
Apr 6, 2014

Resident Millennial

Applewhite posted:

elaborate?

hes saying youre trying to steal his scrolls

Hector Beerlioz
Jun 16, 2010

aw, hec
COMPUTER CRIME LAW

Commie NedFlanders
Mar 8, 2014

ProfessorMurder posted:

We need to dispel the idea that comics and graphic novels are for children. They are mainly written for adults who understand adult themes. I mean, come on, Doctor Manhattan had an exposed penis.

i've got a book right next to me that has several exposed penises, photographs, and i wouldn't call it "adult themed" at all

Applewhite
Aug 16, 2014

by vyelkin
Nap Ghost

drunk dog posted:

yea here it is

The Wasp Factory sounds like it would not be a fun place to work :ohdear:

Applewhite
Aug 16, 2014

by vyelkin
Nap Ghost

Hector Beerlioz posted:

COMPUTER CRIME LAW

Did you know it is actually illegal to steal a computer?

ProfessorMurder
Aug 27, 2003

i've got a book right next to me that has several exposed penises, photographs, and i wouldn't call it "adult themed" at all

Add to the penises the complicated plot lines, violence, sex, and penises and you've got a media geared towards adults. I know I said penises twice, I just like penises.

Commie NedFlanders
Mar 8, 2014

ProfessorMurder posted:

Add to the penises the complicated plot lines, violence, sex, and penises and you've got a media geared towards adults. I know I said penises twice, I just like penises.

yeah this book has none of that stuff it's just an anatomy book for artists

Applewhite
Aug 16, 2014

by vyelkin
Nap Ghost

yeah this book has none of that stuff it's just an anatomy book for artists

Yeah I got a few of those as well.

Applewhite
Aug 16, 2014

by vyelkin
Nap Ghost

ProfessorMurder posted:

Who wouldn't?

drunk dog
Apr 6, 2014

Resident Millennial

Applewhite posted:

The Wasp Factory sounds like it would not be a fun place to work :ohdear:

its actually about a fake trans that the parents had raised to be a boy/girl but was a girl/boy

Hector Beerlioz
Jun 16, 2010

aw, hec

Applewhite posted:

Did you know it is actually illegal to steal a computer?

Applewhite
Aug 16, 2014

by vyelkin
Nap Ghost

Aside from the ridiculous outfits this prediction turned out 100% accurate.

Commie NedFlanders
Mar 8, 2014

applewhite i wouldn't mind being locked in a room all day with your books

Thirsty Girl
Dec 5, 2015

everything is in disarray but here are some books

Hector Beerlioz
Jun 16, 2010

aw, hec

im gaye posted:

Do I spot The Brood and Candyman dvds? Good movies.

Applewhite
Aug 16, 2014

by vyelkin
Nap Ghost

D'aww

And I would love to try that meditation retreat thing you talked about in the vegetarian thread. Our recent disagreement in the Jared Fogle thread notwithstanding, I find myself agreeing with you more often than not. You come across as pretty wise.

ProfessorMurder
Aug 27, 2003

I was thinking the same thing.

extra stout
Feb 24, 2005

ISILDUR's ERR
i cant decide if i mention all those images are from 4chan and yes we saw the swastika one or if i just admit i own a lot of books and am very ashamed i havent built a shelf for them yet, so they're just on desks and in cabinets and stuff based on if i plan to read or reread them

Applewhite
Aug 16, 2014

by vyelkin
Nap Ghost

im gaye posted:

Did you actually end up watching any Cult Flicks or Trash Pics mentioned in the book?

Applewhite
Aug 16, 2014

by vyelkin
Nap Ghost

extra stout posted:

i cant decide if i mention all those images are from 4chan and yes we saw the swastika one or if i just admit i own a lot of books and am very ashamed i havent built a shelf for them yet, so they're just on desks and in cabinets and stuff based on if i plan to read or reread them

How are they on 4chan already I literally took them like half an hour ago?

Shaquin
May 12, 2007
books are so god damned good read whatever you want comics or pulp scifi or garbage fantasy or the converse of classical canon and philosophical works just please read

Commie NedFlanders
Mar 8, 2014

Applewhite posted:

D'aww

And I would love to try that meditation retreat thing you talked about in the vegetarian thread. Our recent disagreement in the Jared Fogle thread notwithstanding, I find myself agreeing with you more often than not. You come across as pretty wise.

you should, it's wonderful.

i go hard when i'm arguing about the state of our decaying culture or anything really, don't take it personally, you seem chill and trust me, i'm just as foolish as any other fool

Thirsty Girl
Dec 5, 2015

Applewhite posted:

Did you actually end up watching any Cult Flicks or Trash Pics mentioned in the book?

i did!

Thirsty Girl
Dec 5, 2015

Hector Beerlioz posted:

Do I spot The Brood and Candyman dvds? Good movies.

vhs my man

ProfessorMurder
Aug 27, 2003

Someone likes Clive Barker!

Applewhite
Aug 16, 2014

by vyelkin
Nap Ghost

you should, it's wonderful.

i go hard when i'm arguing about the state of our decaying culture or anything really, don't take it personally, you seem chill and trust me, i'm just as foolish as any other fool

I hear that after a week or so of not speaking or reading and living in near total silence, you start to develop perfect recall and you are almost overwhelmed by the flood of memory. Did you experience anything like that?

Applewhite
Aug 16, 2014

by vyelkin
Nap Ghost

Who designed your bookshelf? M.C. Escher?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Shaquin
May 12, 2007

ProfessorMurder posted:

Someone likes Clive Barker!

a shame given that Barker has been on a downward slope since the initial Books of Blood though I have a soft spot for Imajica for some reason

• Locked thread