Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
elentar
Aug 26, 2002

Every single year the Ivy League takes a break from fucking up the world through its various alumni to fuck up everyone's bracket instead.
Wichita looked gassed to start, screwed on scheduling after Tuesday in Dayton and Thursday late game.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

elentar
Aug 26, 2002

Every single year the Ivy League takes a break from fucking up the world through its various alumni to fuck up everyone's bracket instead.
If you went around refusing to root for teams just because the Kochs sank money into that institution, you wouldn't have many teams left to root for.

I know Wichita State is on a different scale but those two roll deep.

elentar
Aug 26, 2002

Probably Magic posted:

Howdy. gently caress Gregg Marshall.

This on the other hand is totally legit, dude is an enormous rear end in a top hat.

elentar
Aug 26, 2002

good game so far, pretty sure Kentucky needs to win this though as a bigger threat to UNC in the next round.

for all the upsets yesterday could still be a super chalky Sweet 16, only one guaranteed double-digit team so far and it could be Syracuse who shouldn't count.

elentar
Aug 26, 2002

Usually UVA gets to this point about like this and then goes on a big run a few minutes into the second half while turning the screw defensively.

If Butler can take it a media timeout at a time, they have a chance; if they get more than a few possessions down though it'll be tough to come back.

elentar
Aug 26, 2002

gg Butler, pushed that game really well.

Iowa State-UVA should be another good one.

elentar
Aug 26, 2002

Quadree Smith for Providence is a big boy

elentar
Aug 26, 2002

Gonna be a 10, 11, or 15 in the regional final. (Though again, Syracuse doesn't really count.)

elentar
Aug 26, 2002

At least Villanova-Miami should be a decent game, so long as extra-stupid Miami doesn't show up.

elentar
Aug 26, 2002

Want SFA to win for many reasons but really could also happily go the rest of my life without seeing Walkup's tongue again

elentar
Aug 26, 2002

buck up everyone there's still Maryland and Syracuse and TAMU to root against, at the very least

elentar
Aug 26, 2002

Poque posted:

I generally hate Oklahoma but this team is very likeable and Buddy Hield owns so this is one chalk result that wouldn't tear me up

agreed

plus there have to be some teams left around to take out Duke (and later UNC) and I don't trust Oregon to do poo poo.

elentar
Aug 26, 2002

ugh this weak-rear end Syracuse team making the Sweet 16 is going to be the biggest joke, will actually have to actively root for Gonzaga to gently caress them up

elentar
Aug 26, 2002

"conference pride" is stupid, everyone else in the ACC can and should get hosed

elentar
Aug 26, 2002

oh, jesus Oklahoma, what is wrong with you

SamuraiFoochs posted:

It's less about pride for me and more about being vindicated that Wake's schedule was motherfucking murder and anyone who looks at our season's W-L record as a unilateral indicator of whether or not we're on the right track can get hosed.

I've had to deal with that stupid poo poo all season from this fanbase.

understandable and actually I don't wish Wake ill most of the time, it's just, ugh, can't deal with another UNC or Duke title or anything good happening to Syracuse or ND

elentar
Aug 26, 2002

guy on Maryland stole Sinbad's haircut

elentar
Aug 26, 2002

Christ, Syracuse lost to Pitt three loving times this year and yet they're in the Sweet Sixteen

Out of those 6 ACC teams, UNC and Virginia are good and Miami is good about half the time, so that's 3.5 garbage teams into the second week

What the hell good are any of the rest of these teams

elentar
Aug 26, 2002

Can someone please tell Caruso that facial hair just isn't going to work out for him

elentar
Aug 26, 2002

all i really wanted today was Maryland to lose, but even that was too much to ask

Kansas will take care of that at least.

OctoberBlues posted:

UNI is a great team, too bad the Hawkeyes couldn't keep up their end of the Iowa domination tour.

they're a weird team, they lost to so many scrubs this year

elentar
Aug 26, 2002

you can't stop Klint Carlson, you can only hope to get him to spell his name right

elentar
Aug 26, 2002

my god he didn't even touch Caruso there

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

elentar
Aug 26, 2002

basketball is stupid, i'm gonna go make dinner and do actual things with my life

• Locked thread