Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

nelson
Apr 12, 2009
College Slice
I think it's just to watch numbers get bigger. There is a leaderboard though and you can try to compete for ranking if you are feeling competitive for a pointless pursuit.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

nelson
Apr 12, 2009
College Slice

Virigoth posted:

For the legends and record books my appeal for 0x16:

I hate to say it, but I'd have to side with Grumpy. "Randomly mashing a space until it works and not noticing a message to me" is a) a lame excuse and b) the noobist of all macros.

nelson
Apr 12, 2009
College Slice
Yes. Every 3 levels reduces the time by 1. Also they are probably wearing blue clothes (timer reduction) and you should too. Spells and food also reduce timers. The 20 number comes from that being the minimum.

nelson
Apr 12, 2009
College Slice

The Shortest Path posted:

At what point do White Runes stop being the most efficient magic experience per mana?
Level 15.

Looking at the manual page (skills->magic), you can start casting black runes at level 15. They give 12 xp for 2 mana (so 6 per mana). This is better than the 5 xp per mana for white runes.

The manual for this game is the best I've seen for a game like this (or for most any game).

nelson
Apr 12, 2009
College Slice
The guy who helped him was in lljk, not cone :P

nelson
Apr 12, 2009
College Slice

Virigoth posted:

I <think> we also might need another alchemist but darkwing can comment on that. Alchemy
We have plenty of alchemists. What we need are speedsters and gatherers to get herbs.

quote:

We're such a large guild now we need focused levelers so we can get into some of the higher tier items quicker. This WILL present problems where we are out of resources so you will need to be self sufficient but someone is usually available to help you.
Self sufficiency is the slow path. Woodcutting, mining, gathering, fishing, speed, and combat. If we had more people focusing on those, it would be easier to have other people focusing on the production skills.

nelson fucked around with this message at 15:42 on Apr 16, 2016

nelson
Apr 12, 2009
College Slice

synthetik posted:

I'm only 23 in speed but was having fun with that (and gave out a few snail staffs) I'd like to switch back over to that personally.

Excellent! High level speed is also good for getting ash which helps with dyes!

nelson
Apr 12, 2009
College Slice

neogeo0823 posted:

To add, one thing we can definitely use are more alchemists to make dyes. We have no blue mittens or skirts. We have tons of undyed mittens and skirts, but no blue dyes. We have all the materials to make blue dyes, but our 1-2 alchemists that would normally do that are asleep or gone or whatever, so the dyes go unmade.

Just send a mail to darkwing. Also we are out of volcanic ash.

nelson
Apr 12, 2009
College Slice
The thing is we don't really need more alchemists. Neo was overreacting. If you want to do it, cool. But otherwise what we need is more speedsters to get ash.

nelson
Apr 12, 2009
College Slice

Comic posted:

Trying this out, ingame name Comic. I also hosed up and went the fishing route instead of woodcutting oops. :eng99:

Don't worry, I did too. You can still do all the quests, the only thing the starting one gives you is newbie equipment for your chosen skill. And we have plenty of newbie equipment, for any skill, in our storage shed for you to use if you decide you want to do something other than fish.

(USER WAS PUT ON PROBATION FOR THIS POST)

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

nelson
Apr 12, 2009
College Slice
It sounds like he's making a joke about Amaranthine players to me.