Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
sector_corrector
Jan 18, 2012

by Nyc_Tattoo

In Training posted:

Out of curiosity how long did that take

~50 hours. i played it for huge stretches of time when i first got it because work was slow, but recently it's just been for 45 minutes or so.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mr. Sophistication
May 16, 2014

I know this wasn't your original avatar but I just love this game. Cheers, rediscover.

frank.club posted:

rediscover asked me for sex on steam chat earlier this week

This absolutely did NOT happen btw. Ignore this jack rear end

PleasingFungus
Oct 10, 2012
idiot asshole bitch who should fuck off
i'm 42 hours in and just finished year 1, but i spend a lot of time fiddling with inventories and/or fishing, both of which pause the game timer. so that's probably why.

PleasingFungus
Oct 10, 2012

rediscover posted:

This absolutely did NOT happen btw. Ignore this jack rear end

congrats, on the sex

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

sector_corrector posted:

~50 hours. i played it for huge stretches of time when i first got it because work was slow, but recently it's just been for 45 minutes or so.

Neat. It seems like a perfect Sunday morning Cup game, which for me is usually a map game or cities skyline for an hour.

sector_corrector
Jan 18, 2012

by Nyc_Tattoo
when everything is new and challenging, it's very tempting to sink hours into it... be forewarned!

anyway i just got judged by grampy, and i got a perfect.

Lumpy the Cook
Feb 4, 2011

Drippy-goo-yay, mother-gunker!
Comfyfeels Valley

devtesla
Jan 2, 2012

Grimey Drawer

sector_corrector posted:

anyway i just got judged by grampy, and i got a perfect.

Congratulations!

Mega64
May 23, 2008

I took the octopath less travelered,

And it made one-eighth the difference.
loving play this game.

Plutonis
Mar 25, 2011

net cafe scandal
Mar 18, 2011

:iamafag:

Retarded_Clown_
Feb 18, 2012

Bill Barber
Aug 26, 2015

Hot Rope Guy
[vocaroo of wormskul loudly sighing]

PleasingFungus
Oct 10, 2012
da fwiggin' plutonis.

Mr.Fahrenheit
Dec 27, 2012

that's a cool hat

Daikatana Ritsu
Aug 1, 2008

mysterious loyall X
Jul 8, 2003

lol

Larry Parrish
Jul 9, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

trying to jack off
Dec 31, 2007

Mr.Fahrenheit
Dec 27, 2012

Fumaofthelake
Dec 30, 2004

Is it handsome in here, or is it just me?

Everyone but the weird homeless guy seems like a secret rear end in a top hat in this game. Maybe the old lady is ok

Action Tortoise
Feb 18, 2012

A wolf howls.
I know how he feels.

Fumaofthelake posted:

Everyone but the weird homeless guy seems like a secret rear end in a top hat in this game. Maybe the old lady is ok

penny is bae

PleasingFungus
Oct 10, 2012

Fumaofthelake posted:

george, shane, and haley are the only characters who are really dickish, in my experience, and none of those are exactly secrets.

Bolverkur
Aug 9, 2012

i modded in the Weed 420 mod and replaced the townsfolk with the entire cast of Undertale (and Sonic as the hobo... LMAO) so now i can finally live out my dream of smoking weed every day and marrying toriel

Bolverkur
Aug 9, 2012

Heavily Modded Stardew Valley

Mr. Sophistication
May 16, 2014

I know this wasn't your original avatar but I just love this game. Cheers, rediscover.

Penny is my wife.

Bedlamdan
Apr 25, 2008

Bolverkur posted:

marrying toriel

that's sick. She's your mom for christ's sake.

Coolguye
Jul 6, 2011

Required by his programming!

PleasingFungus posted:

george, shane, and haley are the only characters who are really dickish, in my experience, and none of those are exactly secrets.

pierre is a complete douche, and literally maru's first heart event is her dad saying 'SURE WOULD BE UNFORTUNATE IF SOME DUMB FUCKER THOUGHT HE COULD MESS UP MY DAUGHTER'S BRIGHT FUTURE. REAL GODDAMN UNFORTUNATE.'

you later find out demetrius is actually super cool though so in my mind he gets a pass

e: pretty much everyone is depressed or has some huge life regrets though. if you get on good terms with lewis he kind of breaks down at one point and admits he's got his entire identity wrapped up in being mayor for the last 20 years, and basically wonders if it's actually been worth it all

leah will loving slug her ex in her 10 heart event if you don't do it for her (and if you do, she cheers)

pam verbally abuses penny on multiple occasions

clint never really stops being a passive aggressive little rear end in a top hat, because he never really wanted to be a blacksmith in the first place. that's just what his dad was.

oh and shane actually becomes pretty sympathetic later on. he's a dick but he's insanely depressed due to some pretty understandable circumstances

Coolguye fucked around with this message at 17:19 on Mar 29, 2016

Bolverkur
Aug 9, 2012

Bedlamdan posted:

that's sick. She's your mom for christ's sake.

not even God can judge me in Heavily Modded Stardew Valley

lesbian baphomet
Nov 30, 2011

Coolguye posted:

pam verbally abuses penny on multiple occasions

oh and shane actually becomes pretty sympathetic later on. he's a dick but he's insanely depressed due to some pretty understandable circumstances

i never did any of her heart events, but it felt like pam got a lot better immediately when you get her job back by fixing the bus

and yeah shane is one of the better characters and is immediately sympathetic with one of his first heart events

Average Bear
Apr 4, 2010
What the gently caress

Fumaofthelake
Dec 30, 2004

I judge them all based on how lovely their reaction is when they get a gift they don't like. Or alternatively how much they like berries I found on the ground. So Shane is cool because he loves ground berries.

lesbian baphomet
Nov 30, 2011

Fumaofthelake posted:

Or alternatively how much they like berries I found on the ground. So Shane is cool because he loves ground berries.

yeah this is the biggest reason i have hearts with most of the characters.

and the fishing shop guy, who likes to be given fish

Fumaofthelake
Dec 30, 2004

I feel like they're judging me when they get angry that I tried to give them a Cola.

You didn't even know I took it out the garbage so don't be a dick about it.

bawk
Mar 31, 2013

bawk
Mar 31, 2013

i thought shane was insanely annoying and awful but then mega64 showed off his first heart event and now i make an effort to say hi to him every day since i usually finish up the little farm chores right around the time he goes to work at the megamart place

i almost feel bad that one of my main goals in this game is to destroy his place of employment

Bolverkur
Aug 9, 2012

im going to kill shane

Tipster
Mar 7, 2013

Bolverkur posted:

im going to kill shane

please don't, shane is my friend.

bawk
Mar 31, 2013

Bolverkur posted:

im going to kill shane

n...no

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

PleasingFungus
Oct 10, 2012

death .cab for qt posted:

i thought shane was insanely annoying and awful but then mega64 showed off his first heart event and now i make an effort to say hi to him every day since i usually finish up the little farm chores right around the time he goes to work at the megamart place

i almost feel bad that one of my main goals in this game is to destroy his place of employment

i gave pam a job

e: beaten

• Locked thread