Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
lesbian baphomet
Nov 30, 2011

i normally dont play or like this kind of game at all, but i liked it and thought it was real good.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

lesbian baphomet
Nov 30, 2011

In Training posted:

I heard you can brew beer, could you just become a master Brewer. The thing I liked about harvest moon was giving up on trying to be a jack of all trades and just subsisting on one element of the farm doing really well.

afaik brewing almost everything you make is by far the most profitable way to farm. like just a million kegs going all the time.

growing hops in summer especially, since they harvest every day and only take 1 day to brew and pale ales sell for like 300

lesbian baphomet
Nov 30, 2011

frank.club posted:

the wiki says you have to harvest hundreds of crops for that how

i pretty much only bought seeds for things that would re-grow without being replanted, except for stuff that's needed for the community center, plus a couple of each other type for completion's sake.

having like 24 hops per day growing in summer levels it up pretty quickly. and i didnt even know about how profitable pale ale was at that point, it just seemed like a good idea to buy them

lesbian baphomet
Nov 30, 2011

Daikatana Ritsu posted:

can you play this game with a controller? i ask because usually these kinds of crafting indie games on PC feel like rear end to use a kb/m with

you can, its what i've been doing.

there's a few menus where you might need to use the mouse and sometimes other weirdness like the selection cursor ending up in the wrong spot, but its mostly fine

lesbian baphomet
Nov 30, 2011

Coolguye posted:

pam verbally abuses penny on multiple occasions

oh and shane actually becomes pretty sympathetic later on. he's a dick but he's insanely depressed due to some pretty understandable circumstances

i never did any of her heart events, but it felt like pam got a lot better immediately when you get her job back by fixing the bus

and yeah shane is one of the better characters and is immediately sympathetic with one of his first heart events

lesbian baphomet
Nov 30, 2011

Fumaofthelake posted:

Or alternatively how much they like berries I found on the ground. So Shane is cool because he loves ground berries.

yeah this is the biggest reason i have hearts with most of the characters.

and the fishing shop guy, who likes to be given fish

lesbian baphomet
Nov 30, 2011

at the start you're mostly just trying to make enough money to afford basic poo poo like more seeds, tool upgrades, yknow stuff like that.

if you havent yet, there's a broken bridge on the beach that you can repair for like 200 or 300 wood, and you can scavenge relatively valuable stuff from the other side every day. its a good source of income while your farm is still small and lovely

lesbian baphomet
Nov 30, 2011

its also not a game with hard requirements/directions so i guess if you felt like it you could waste all your starting money on beer and just gently caress off into the woods to do nothing for a few weeks

lesbian baphomet
Nov 30, 2011

the zelda-bush looking grass is used in crafting recepies. the big amorphous patches of grass are only useful once you get a Silo because then they convert into Straw, which feeds animals, but otherwise it does nothing.

and bushes/grass/trees/logs and stuff like that will regrow automatically over time on the parts of your land that you haven't cleared out yet

lesbian baphomet
Nov 30, 2011

PleasingFungus posted:

also fwiw this is wrong

what else does the grass do besides turn into straw?

lesbian baphomet
Nov 30, 2011

yeah afaik the fastest way is just break as many rocks as possible. selling mining items like gemstones might give a little exp too?

lesbian baphomet
Nov 30, 2011

tumor looking batty posted:

is it worth using fertilizer

yeah. it lasts the whole season, as long as you keep something planted in that square

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

lesbian baphomet
Nov 30, 2011

if you're a patient person then i guess use the seedmaker. personally im impatient so i turned them into wine then sold them

• Locked thread