Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
sector_corrector
Jan 18, 2012

by Nyc_Tattoo
i'm more or less done w/ everything in the game that there is to do, and it's really enjoyable OP. relaxing.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

sector_corrector
Jan 18, 2012

by Nyc_Tattoo
there's a lot of stuff you can do to make money that's not farming, although in the late game farming (and making products) is by far the most profitable. so you could easily do all the other stuff while you got the resources together for automatic sprinklers and then just use those.

sector_corrector
Jan 18, 2012

by Nyc_Tattoo

In Training posted:

I heard you can brew beer, could you just become a master Brewer. The thing I liked about harvest moon was giving up on trying to be a jack of all trades and just subsisting on one element of the farm doing really well.

yeah, kegs will turn wheat into beer (presumably lager) and hops into pale ale. the margins on them aren't great. turning fruit into wine triples its value, and fruit is already a really good money maker, so if you want to break the game get a bunch of kegs and pump out nothing but wine.

stuff is seasonal, though, and both hops and wheat only grow in the summer. you get a greenhouse later as an unlock, which lets you grow stuff year-round, but probably not until at the end of your first year.

sector_corrector
Jan 18, 2012

by Nyc_Tattoo
i like how you can min/max if you want to, and really break the game, but you can also just do pretty regular things throughout the game and still see almost everything by year 3. i'm going until the Spring 1, Year 3 event, but i'm prob. going to come back to this in a few months and try the min/max approach

sector_corrector
Jan 18, 2012

by Nyc_Tattoo
i think i'm very close to being done w/ the game. i built everything and did everything i can see. getting ready to get judged by my ancestor spirit at the end of winter.

sector_corrector
Jan 18, 2012

by Nyc_Tattoo

In Training posted:

Out of curiosity how long did that take

~50 hours. i played it for huge stretches of time when i first got it because work was slow, but recently it's just been for 45 minutes or so.

sector_corrector
Jan 18, 2012

by Nyc_Tattoo
when everything is new and challenging, it's very tempting to sink hours into it... be forewarned!

anyway i just got judged by grampy, and i got a perfect.

sector_corrector
Jan 18, 2012

by Nyc_Tattoo
i'm hoping that he builds on some of the characters. you can give pam a job, but it doesn't really change that much. or you can build the community center, but nobody ever uses it. it's already pretty amazing for a one man effort, but i think it'd be cool if you had more effect on the town.

sector_corrector
Jan 18, 2012

by Nyc_Tattoo

Coolguye posted:

fully restoring the community center actually means that a lot of people hang out there

of course it makes clint an even bigger fuckface because in addition to closing at 4pm every god drat day, some days he'll just gently caress off completely and hang around the community center

on the flip side, fully restoring the community center puts jojamart out of business, which throws shane into an even deeper depression because as much as he hates that job, he hates being unemployed even more

weird... i've been by there since then, and i've never seen anybody

sector_corrector
Jan 18, 2012

by Nyc_Tattoo

Action Tortoise posted:

i want the dungeon crawling part to be a little more fleshed out. like being able to craft new weapons since there's a blacksmith in town.

:yeah:

sector_corrector
Jan 18, 2012

by Nyc_Tattoo

Daikatana Ritsu posted:

well i played like 4 hours of this today and i'm enjoying it. my farm looks like poo poo but it gets the job done :hehe: . i'll eventually fence it off and make it look good but for now .. i am still learning

it was also the first harvest moon type of game i played. i had a great time bumbling through the early game and learning the ropes.

sector_corrector
Jan 18, 2012

by Nyc_Tattoo

tumor looking batty posted:

is it worth using fertilizer

i think so, but haven't tested it. it's cheap to make, anyway.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

sector_corrector
Jan 18, 2012

by Nyc_Tattoo

Ristolaz posted:

The 1.1 patch is out which adds new farm maps and more endgame stuff. Get in gamers.

seems pretty cool. i think i might wait a bit before getting back into the game tho

• Locked thread