Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Plebian Parasite
Oct 12, 2012

frank.club posted:

yeah but I don't think you're going to able to get to level 8 farming skill in your first year. You need that to make kegs

I had it by the end of summer 1, and i didn't particularly try to get it.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Plebian Parasite
Oct 12, 2012

frank.club posted:

the wiki says you have to harvest hundreds of crops for that how

I almost exclusively used crops that regrow, so i produced a lot over a short period of time. Hops produce every day after the 12th day which accounts for a ton of overall experience. Plus harvesting crops isn't the only thing that generates xp, hoeing and watering both do.

Plebian Parasite
Oct 12, 2012

Daikatana Ritsu posted:

can you play this game with a controller? i ask because usually these kinds of crafting indie games on PC feel like rear end to use a kb/m with

It's a little assy because the invisible mouse cursor sometimes fucks with your facing so you interact with the wrong poo poo, and inventory management is clearly way better with m/kb. But it's still pretty ok with a gamepad, that's what I've been using.

Plebian Parasite
Oct 12, 2012

my cool tip is: once you get the kitchen you can use the fridge as a chest and the cooking area will pull from it's inventory for recipes.

Plebian Parasite
Oct 12, 2012

death .cab for qt posted:

is it worth selling the fruits from ancient seeds, or should i save it for when i get a seedmaker to make more

same with the rare seeds, should i be buying them every time the caravan has em or just use the seedmaker?

the rare seeds are bullshit, they don't count as a fruit or vegetable so you can't process them and they take too long to grow besides. buy them and grow them when available, but they aren't worth it as like a cash crop. ancient seeds are worth it to grow a whole bunch tho.

• Locked thread