Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
X-O
Apr 28, 2002

Long Live The King!

Aftershock is a new comic company brought to you by EIC Mike Marts (former X-Men Editor) and Publisher Joe Pruett (Eisner award nominated writer and editor of multiple titles) that features a lot of well known comic talent doing their indie creator owned thing. They launched in 2015 and right now have a half dozen titles out with more coming. The titles cover a wide range of genres from Sci-Fi to Crime to Horror and more. I read some of them on a whim based on the creative teams and have really enjoyed the ones I've tried out. I'm making this thread, which will surely be a ghost town as most indie threads are, in hopes that maybe a few other people might check them out and dig them as well.

Here's a list of some current books:

American Monster
Writer: Brian Azzarello
Artist: Juan Doe

Dreaming Eagles
Writer: Garth Ennis
Artist: Simon Coleby

Inspired by true events, Dreaming Eagles tells the story of the first African Ameri-can fighter pilots to join the United States Army Air Force in WWII and whose humble beginnings in Tuskegee, Alabama propelled them into the deadly skies above Adolf Hitler’s Third Reich. Not only were they instrumental against the Nazi war machine, but also braved an equally great challenge, overcoming everyday bigotry amongst their fellow American soldiers as well as civilians at home. High in the heavens, they fought a battle that would change their country and their world forever. Industry legend Garth Ennis (Preacher, The Boys, Hellblazer) joins artist Simon Coleby (2000 AD, The Authority) for this high-flying tale of love, war and family.

InSEXts
Writer: Marguerite Bennett
Artist: Ariela Kristantina

At the dusk of a century, a pair of vengeful Victorian vixens discover a horrifying power that transforms them into rich and strange new creatures. Armed with their dark, evolving forms, they descend into a world of the cultured and occult, with new senses and new sensuality, to forge a life for themselves and the child of their love. This new monthly series is the brainchild of writer Marguerite Bennett (A-Force, Angela, Red Sonja) and artist Ariela Kristantina (Wolverines, Deep State), a comic unlike any you’ve seen before!

Replica
Writer: Paul Jenkins
Artist: Andy Clarke

Second Sight
Writer: David Hine
Artist: Alberto Ponticelli

Strayer
Writer: Justin Jordan
Artist: Juan Gedeon

Super Zero
Writer: Amanda Conner & Jimmy Palmiotti
Artist: Rafael de Latorre

And here are some upcoming titles:

B.E.K.: Black Eyed Kids
Writer: Joe Pruett
Artist: Szymon Kudranski

Jackpot
Writer: Ray Fawkes
Artist: Marco Failla

Rough Riders
Writer: Adam Glass
Artist: Pat Olliffe

Volition
Writer: Ryan Parrott
Artist: Omar Francia

So far I've picked up Strayer, Replica, American Monster, and Second Sight and have enjoyed them all. Strayer and Replica are the standouts so far. Both have a good level of comedy and action and the writing and art is great. American Monster still leaves me a bit confused two issues in but I'm digging the style of it. I'm really pumped to read Rough Riders, Volition, and Jackpot as well.

X-O fucked around with this message at 07:48 on Mar 21, 2016

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Teenage Fansub
Jan 28, 2006

At some show a few months ago, they had a poster with quite a few exciting names that haven't had work announced. I don't know if there's been any news since then.

Teenage Fansub fucked around with this message at 08:11 on Mar 21, 2016

X-O
Apr 28, 2002

Long Live The King!

Yeah I only put things in there that I'd heard announced. I'm really looking forward to seeing what Starlin and Waid do there.

Teenage Fansub
Jan 28, 2006

Waid and Seeley's from July solicits.

CAPTAIN KID #1
(W) Mark Waid, Tom Peyer (A/CA) Wilfredo Torres
Chris Vargas is a middle-aged man with a hacking cough, an obsolete job, and a bombastic secret: whenever he likes, he can transform into the teenage superhero Captain Kid! In this, his first recorded adventure, he encounters Helea, a mystery woman who knows more about him than he does, and Halliday, a mad businessman with a catastrophic weapon!
32pgs, FC $3.99

LIFESPANNERS #1
(W) Tim Seeley (A/CA) Gus Storms
In the near future, a super-powered teenage girl wipes the heavily disputed Old City of Jerusalem off the face of the earth. Now, in the politically charged world of the “Lady Last Word Incident”, a click-bait headline writing “journalist” holds the key to a med-tech conspiracy that could allow people to buy superpowers at the cost of shortening their lifespan. A sci-fi superhuman epic from the writer of Revival, Grayson, and Hack/Slash, and the artist of EGOs and The Legion of Super-Heroes!
32pgs, FC $3.99

Teenage Fansub fucked around with this message at 22:09 on Apr 20, 2016

X-O
Apr 28, 2002

Long Live The King!

Everyone should read Rough Riders and Jackpot. Especially Rough Riders.

I'm kind of bummed that Replica is going on hiatus due to Andy Clarke having eye surgery according to something I read on Twitter. But Paul Jenkins is writing something else during that time that he said was like Sentry and that makes me happy.

• Locked thread