Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Basebf555
Feb 29, 2008

The greatest sensual pleasure there is is to know the desires of another!

Fun Shoe

ten_twentyfour posted:

Probably the best game ever made and that ever will be made.

poo poo

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

TaurusOxford
Feb 10, 2009

Dad of the Year 2021
Dark Souls 1 is a joke in comparison to Dark Souls 3.

turnways
Jun 22, 2004

Genocyber posted:

If you quit and reload I think his stuff will be near his spawn point.

Yep, found all his junk, thank you!

FrickenMoron
May 6, 2009

Good game!
How do I buy the game digitally, I have a ps4.

NattyBo
Sep 20, 2004

Football Team.
Streaming myself being real bad at the game on PS4 https://www.twitch.tv/nattybo1985

Finster Dexter
Oct 20, 2014

Beyond is Finster's mad vision of Earth transformed.

TaurusOxford posted:

Dark Souls 1 is a joke in comparison to Dark Souls 3.

:captainpop:

Ether Frenzy
Dec 22, 2006

Nap Ghost
I just wrote a message that says "Premonition of Luring..." without being able to understand what I'm doing at all so judge for yourself how good the game is (it's awesome)

Basebf555
Feb 29, 2008

The greatest sensual pleasure there is is to know the desires of another!

Fun Shoe

He's just trying to grind my gears.

Right?

I think I'm going to pull a Cartman and freeze myself until this game comes out.

Oriental Hugs
Jun 15, 2001

Nothin' about hugs, though
Holy poo poo. So no loving way would they make the first chest a mimic. Opened to get eaten. But there was an awesome axe after beating it.

Ghosts n Gopniks
Nov 2, 2004

Imagine how much more sad and lonely we would be if not for the hard work of lowtax. Here's $12.95 to his aid.
Regarding unique mob with nice loot in the third area: Frost Knight if you ride the elevator down, that one. Got trouble with it? You have an elevator and an elevator shaft :)

Ether Frenzy
Dec 22, 2006

Nap Ghost

Miss Mowcher
Jul 24, 2007

Ribbit
I like that this is the kind of game you can play without knowing the language, reminds me of the time I didn't know English and played games on my snes :shobon:

lets hang out
Jan 10, 2015

So what are people doing with Yoel? Taking the offer?

Bardeh
Dec 2, 2004

Fun Shoe

ZZZorcerer posted:

I like that this is the kind of game you can play without knowing the language, reminds me of the time I didn't know English and played games on my snes :shobon:

All the spoken dialogue is in English on every version, so once you figure out the important stats on equipment most of the game should be pretty accessible.

It doesn't really matter though, because people have been able to get the English version on Xbone, and I imagine translations of every item won't take long to appear on the wikis.

Finster Dexter
Oct 20, 2014

Beyond is Finster's mad vision of Earth transformed.

Japanese for :gas:

CJacobs
Apr 17, 2011

Reach for the moon!

ZZZorcerer posted:

Funnily enough this is close to the origin of the Souls games having english VO and inferred lore in the first place:

quote:

When Hidetaka Miyazaki was a child, he was a keen reader, though not a talented one. Often he’d reach passages of text he couldn’t understand, and so would allow his imagination to fill in the blanks, using the accompanying illustrations. In this way, he felt he was co-writing the fiction alongside its original author.

After some cajoling, Miyazaki reveals that he grew up “tremendously poor” in the city of Shizuoka, 100 miles south-west of Tokyo. His office-worker parents couldn’t afford books or manga, so he had to borrow whatever he could find in the library. That’s why he ended up with works beyond his reading capabilities. “I found so much joy in those stories,” he says, seated in his Tokyo studio, having granted the Guardian a rare interview. “It was a rich reading experience, even if I wasn’t always reading.”
http://www.theguardian.com/technology/2015/mar/31/bloodborne-dark-souls-creator-hidetaka-miyazaki-interview

quote:

Miyazaki’s love for reading is immediately apparent when you hear him speak. He explained to us, “Growing up, as a kid, I loved to read. I liked to read books that were above my range. I always tried to aim higher and read difficult books. What would happen is, although I could read them, sometimes -- because I was so young -- I couldn't read TOO deep into them. Maybe I would understand half of the story? What would happen is that my imagination would help fill the other half, and that imagination element would just blow up. That's kind of the part I enjoyed as well, filling the gaps of where I didn't understand the readings, where my imagination took me eventually to think that I understood what I was reading.”

He elaborated, “It kind of relates to what I'm doing in my creations. In addition to that, I studied Sociolology and Psychology, and, after school, I revisited those themes, and this is the fruit of what you're experiencing now.”
http://www.ign.com/articles/2015/02/05/inside-the-mind-of-bloodborne-and-dark-souls-creator-ign-first

BCRock
Dec 13, 2005
I'm huge in Japan
My JP pre-load on Xbox is 100% in English and appears to be online, so hurray.

Just rolled up a hideous red pyromancer. Going to try to do some jolly co-operation with Ether Frenzy here shortly. Twitch if you care: https://www.twitch.tv/bcrock21

Meatsicle
Sep 11, 2001

by FactsAreUseless

BCRock posted:

My JP pre-load on Xbox is 100% in English and appears to be online, so hurray.

Just rolled up a hideous red pyromancer. Going to try to do some jolly co-operation with Ether Frenzy here shortly. Twitch if you care: https://www.twitch.tv/bcrock21

It's not online, those are dev messages.

Gologle
Apr 15, 2013

The Gologle Posting Experience.

<3
Yo this boss The Nameless King is so cool.

lets hang out
Jan 10, 2015

anyone know what's up with purple summon signs

Filthy Monkey
Jun 25, 2007

Just got home to play. Is there any way to switch the x and circle buttons back around to filthy gaijin mode?

Nakar
Sep 2, 2002

Ultima Ratio Regum

Filthy Monkey posted:

Just got home to play. Is there any way to switch the x and circle buttons back around to filthy gaijin mode?
On PS4 there's an option to rebind keys somewhere in the game menu (on the dashboard). It won't change the button prompts but it will switch what the buttons do.

lets hang out
Jan 10, 2015

its in settings -> accessibility

ziasquinn
Jan 1, 2006

Fallen Rib
I waited too long to remember that and now I'm at the point where it'll probably make it harder to switch them :cripes:

Victory Position
Mar 16, 2004

lets hang out posted:

summon a dark mad spirit and find out :v:

Falcon2001
Oct 10, 2004

Eat your hamburgers, Apollo.
Pillbug
man, hoping this Xb1 thing is still working when I get home. Definitely going to try that out.

lets hang out
Jan 10, 2015

Lovely Senorita posted:

summon a dark mad spirit and find out :v:

i did, is it just the dual covenant or what

Ghosts n Gopniks
Nov 2, 2004

Imagine how much more sad and lonely we would be if not for the hard work of lowtax. Here's $12.95 to his aid.
Suffered a half-city poweroutage right in the middle of DS3. Savegame survived, was at the last bonfire I hit. Phewwwww

lets hang out posted:

Item required: Some tongue item that's icky. You know where the elevator is in Undead Settlement? When you hop off halfway and fight the firedemon with Sieg? It's in one of the hanging corpses. Follow that area upwards and you get the ring that boosts ATK based on your equipload. I should try using that tongue. That's all I can say for now. Maybe it's the red soapstone equivalent.

NattyBo
Sep 20, 2004

Football Team.
This game is so good.

turtlecrunch
May 14, 2013

Hesitation is defeat.
https://zippy.gfycat.com/MilkyThoroughCockroach.webm
I don't think this is supposed to be how I get down here. :v:

Also an onion knight walked off the elevator in the abandoned church but I was being chased by a monster and I tried to lure the monster down the elevator and when I rode the elevator came back up the onion knight was gone. :cry: So just a warning to all DON'T TAKE THAT ELEVATOR TOO SOON.

PS Provided you play on your main account you get to learn the boss names as you beat them, from the trophies.

Gologle
Apr 15, 2013

The Gologle Posting Experience.

<3
OK, so, is this game supposed to be a prequel or something? I just saw a Black Knight, an honest loving Black Knight in a stream.

lets hang out
Jan 10, 2015

occurs to me after the fact that maybe you can sneak past the fire demon, around the back of the buildings

Filthy Monkey
Jun 25, 2007

Well, I had my first death. I was on some rooftops, and a normal undead zombie guy got all black, tentically, and killy. I suppose it is better than fall damage being my first death, which is what I expected.

Miss Mowcher
Jul 24, 2007

Ribbit

turtlecrunch posted:

https://zippy.gfycat.com/MilkyThoroughCockroach.webm
I don't think this is supposed to be how I get down here. :v:

Also an onion knight walked off the elevator in the abandoned church but I was being chased by a monster and I tried to lure the monster down the elevator and when I rode the elevator came back up the onion knight was gone. :cry: So just a warning to all DON'T TAKE THAT ELEVATOR TOO SOON.

PS Provided you play on your main account you get to learn the boss names as you beat them, from the trophies.

He probably changed places, that elevator he comes out you can change going up or down by setting it on and getting out, on your way up you can drop midway to the top, you'll find your friend there chilling

VanillaGorilla
Oct 2, 2003

Playing on the Xboner using the JPN store trick (felt good to turn on my Xbone for a non-exclusive, actually). The game itself is really great so far - the performance on the Bone, however, isn't so great. Pretty framey, definitely 30 with dips, although apparently it isn't much better on PS4 (apparently the Xbone drops to a lower resolution, but it looks fine to me).

The game already exudes way more atmosphere in its intro than DS2 did, and plays really well. I'll probably end up double-dipping on PC next month to enjoy some online play and 60fps, but definitely don't regret my jaunt over to amazon.jp to make this work.

Ether Frenzy
Dec 22, 2006

Nap Ghost
30 fps feels hitchy as hell after playing DS2 at 60.

NattyBo
Sep 20, 2004

Football Team.
What's the deal with purple invaders? Are they NPCs or human? I can't tell since it was in Japanese

Miss Mowcher
Jul 24, 2007

Ribbit

NattyBo posted:

What's the deal with purple invaders? Are they NPCs or human? I can't tell since it was in Japanese

I think there's both

Section Z
Oct 1, 2008

Wait, this is the Moon.
How did I even get here?

Pillbug

Gologle posted:

OK, so, is this game supposed to be a prequel or something? I just saw a Black Knight, an honest loving Black Knight in a stream.

Not from that example, at least. Nor would another thing along those lines indicate a Prequel, because Silver Knights are what Black knights are the First Flame BBQ version of

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Bleh Maestro
Aug 30, 2003
It's a lot better than DS2 right?

• Locked thread