Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
sevenflow
Jun 28, 2003
just watch it for a second
I'm terrible and have already died ten times to the first boss.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Oriental Hugs
Jun 15, 2001

Nothin' about hugs, though
So jealous of the xbox one people with English text Using google translate on the ps4 .

lets hang out
Jan 10, 2015

there's a bunch of helpful links in the op so you won't have to use it as much

Active666
Apr 3, 2009
Just hoped on a stream in time to see our old pal Havel

Ether Frenzy
Dec 22, 2006

Nap Ghost
Look at all this english, Xbone Master Race

Meatsicle
Sep 11, 2001

by FactsAreUseless

Ether Frenzy posted:

Look at all this english, Xbone Master Race

No online though :(

victrix
Oct 30, 2007

That narumi23 dude is (massive spoilers)

Currently fighting the Nameless King in the secret area. Game's been out, what, less than a day? :v:

(massive spoilers)

CJacobs
Apr 17, 2011

Reach for the moon!
Someone tell me if there are spiders in this videogame so I know whether or not to prepare myself for it. Someone on 4chan said DS3 has the freakiest spiders From has included in a souls game yet and I am upset by this development.

Ghosts n Gopniks
Nov 2, 2004

Imagine how much more sad and lonely we would be if not for the hard work of lowtax. Here's $12.95 to his aid.

CJacobs posted:

Someone tell me if there are spiders in this videogame so I know whether or not to prepare myself for it. Someone on 4chan said DS3 has the freakiest spiders From has included in a souls game yet and I am upset by this development.

Yes, there are spiders. I don't mind them in real life, I let them hang out with me, but one of the spiders I saw in a stream (fifth zone IIRC) had me feeling disturbed and wanting to leave my chair.

CJacobs
Apr 17, 2011

Reach for the moon!
Well poo poo.

The person on 4chan said that they are half-lion, half-spider monsters and I cannot for the life of me tell if that's better or worse, but from your description it sounds like that is definitely not a good thing.

weekly font
Dec 1, 2004

Everytime I try to fly I fall
Without my wings
I feel so small
Guess I need you baby...

There are also giant crabs which walk sideways and they are terrifying.

Ghosts n Gopniks
Nov 2, 2004

Imagine how much more sad and lonely we would be if not for the hard work of lowtax. Here's $12.95 to his aid.
My first hour of play was getting to the uchigatana guy with my Estoc Assassin and failing repeatedly until grinding and buying the larger soul arrow and using them to get him. The rest has been comfy but man that class has low health. Taking a food break now and wondering where the summons are. Does one have to set local matchmaking?

I did not switch X and O around so I'm playing Japanese style and with jump on L3 for the first time I in a souls game for me, immediately adapted and got feeling the great benefits of that scheme.

And I see no language options at all PS4 JP version so I hope XboneSoulers help us get translations done :v:

CJacobs posted:

Well poo poo.

The person on 4chan said that they are half-lion, half-spider monsters and I cannot for the life of me tell if that's better or worse, but from your description it sounds like that is definitely not a good thing.

Confirming. You may have seen Ebritreas of Bloodborne, this I honestly consider scarier.

Ebritreas I was all EWW WTF and wanted to look more closely at in detail, this I just wanted to not see. Jeeeeeesus

Ghosts n Gopniks fucked around with this message at 18:40 on Mar 23, 2016

marshmallow creep
Dec 10, 2008

I've been sitting here for 5 mins trying to think of a joke to make but I just realised the animators of Mass Effect already did it for me

weekly font posted:

Saw one of those in the launch trailer and holy poo poo

NattyBo
Sep 20, 2004

Football Team.
I really hope XBone players update the wikidot and the item descriptions ASAP, that'd be super legit

CJacobs
Apr 17, 2011

Reach for the moon!

weekly font posted:

I saw the giant enemy crab (tm) in the launch trailer and it's interesting, it's not that scary to me. Does anyone have any footage of these horrifying spiders from a stream or whathaveyou? I would like to know what to expect and I don't know what to google since the game has been out in 1 region for like 6 hours.

Ghosts n Gopniks
Nov 2, 2004

I'm sunbroing at Vordt. I place my sign, walk away, do whatever, burn my estus and mana and whatever: after successfully helping EVERYTHING refills for me and I'm where I was when I got summoned. I love this.

Uchigatana + fire gem is godly, I wanna say it's the new Gravelord Sword ish combo in damage and moveset.

Bardeh
Dec 2, 2004

Fun Shoe
Why can't they just flip the switch and let us play it on Steam right now? :(

ziasquinn
Jan 1, 2006

Fallen Rib
Woke up. Killed the crystal lizard. Went to work. Game loving rules and handles beautifully.

Bleh Maestro
Aug 30, 2003

Bardeh posted:

Why can't they just flip the switch and let us play it on Steam right now? :(

Somewhere out there there's a warehouse full of DS3 US versions and a guy at steam sitting on reddit instead of flipping the switch.

Bardeh
Dec 2, 2004

Fun Shoe

Bleh Maestro posted:

Somewhere out there there's a warehouse full of DS3 US versions and a guy at steam sitting on reddit instead of flipping the switch.

Well there are people playing the Steam version on stream right at this moment so it just seems bizarre for them not to let the rest of us. I know that it's because From are self-publishing in Japan and have released it there now it's finished, and I guess Bandai Namco have financial reasons to hold back the release for the rest of the world, but still. It sucks.

Genocyber
Jun 4, 2012

Bardeh posted:

Well there are people playing the Steam version on stream right at this moment so it just seems bizarre for them not to let the rest of us. I know that it's because From are self-publishing in Japan and have released it there now it's finished, and I guess Bandai Namco have financial reasons to hold back the release for the rest of the world, but still. It sucks.

The only people playing on PC currently are journalists and big streamers. From is only publishing for the Xbone and PS4.

Ningyou
Aug 14, 2005

we aaaaare
not your kind of pearls
you seem kind of pho~ny
everything's a liiiiie

we aaaare
not your kind of pearls
something in your make~up
don't see eye to e~y~e

MrLonghair posted:

Confirming. You may have seen Ebritreas of Bloodborne, this I honestly consider scarier.

Ebritreas I was all EWW WTF and wanted to look more closely at in detail, this I just wanted to not see. Jeeeeeesus
I really don't wanna dig through a bunch of slurs and nerds calling each other autists or w/e to find the thing on 4chan cjacobs mentioned and i couldn't find any info elsewhere, so if you don't mind uh is it just like Patches but with a lion head or the big one in Nightmare of Mensis cathedral or is it way worse :ohdear: stumbling into Brightstone Cove Tseldora blind in DS2 kinda gave me a panic attack so i wanna know what i'm getting into

Bardeh
Dec 2, 2004

Fun Shoe

Genocyber posted:

The only people playing on PC currently are journalists and big streamers. From is only publishing for the Xbox One and PS4.

I know. The point is, the game is demonstrably finished, playable, and already out there, and three weeks is a long time to wait :(

Genocyber
Jun 4, 2012

Bardeh posted:

I know. The point is, the game is demonstrably finished, playable, and already out there, and three weeks is a long time to wait :(

Blame people that still want physical copies of games, I guess.

HGH
Dec 20, 2011
Guess who's back, back again?
Weapon spoiler, except not really if you've been playing this series.

ten_twentyfour
Jan 24, 2008

Game is super dope. Cleared everything up to and around the shrine except that guy with the katana. He started whooping me so I backed off. Knew there were tons of bloodstains for a reason.

Can anyone spoil me on which direction I should be going from the shrine? Ran around a bit but got lost then had to go back to work.

Lhet
Apr 2, 2008

bloop

What weapons are available in the first couple areas? Need to figure out whether to pick a class for it's starting weapon or just pick up a good weapon early.

turnways
Jun 22, 2004

Does the Katana guy near the shrine respawn, or was he holding anything important? I booted his scrawny rear end off the cliffside and didn't think to check.

Vikar Jerome
Nov 26, 2013

I believe Emmanuelle is shit, though Emmanuelle 2, Emmanuelle '77 and Goodbye, Emmanuelle may be very good movies.
boss spoilers did you ever want to fight ornstein with a shield who tracks and hits you like havel while 5 moonlight butterflies fly around and shoot poo poo at you? you're in luck.

Genocyber
Jun 4, 2012

turnways posted:

Does the Katana guy near the shrine respawn, or was he holding anything important? I booted his scrawny rear end off the cliffside and didn't think to check.

If you quit and reload I think his stuff will be near his spawn point.

Ether Frenzy
Dec 22, 2006

Nap Ghost

Meatsicle posted:

No online though :(

Yeah, boo at that. Guess I'm playing it superblind then because I need online.

I literally just started the game and am standing in the start location now so watch me being awful at it.
https://www.twitch.tv/EtherFrenzy

I'm a knight and I took the Young White Branch because why not

Miss Mowcher
Jul 24, 2007

Ribbit

ten_twentyfour posted:

Game is super dope. Cleared everything up to and around the shrine except that guy with the katana. He started whooping me so I backed off. Knew there were tons of bloodstains for a reason.

Can anyone spoil me on which direction I should be going from the shrine? Ran around a bit but got lost then had to go back to work.

Uhm... I think your only option is via bonfire warp to the next area the sword you get from the first boss, put it on the ground in the middle of the room and warp from there

ten_twentyfour
Jan 24, 2008

Ah. I put the sword in but didn't realize I can warp from it now. Thanks homie.

Danger
Jan 4, 2004

all desire - the thirst for oil, war, religious salvation - needs to be understood according to what he calls 'the demonogrammatical decoding of the Earth's body'
So where is the detailed synopsis or world layout and bosses.

Oenis
Mar 15, 2012
Does anyone have contacts to anyone at Fromsoft or otherwise and can ask whether they would consider adding english language support to the PS version in a patch as well, seeing how it's in the xbone release? I was this close to just tweeting @senden_ogu (Fromsofts twitter) but I'd feel somewhat lame and inappropriate tweeting them in english. I dunno.

MMF Freeway
Sep 15, 2010

Later!
My uncle works there, I'll see what he can do

Farg
Nov 19, 2013
Miyazaki is my dad he says they can't sorry

Ether Frenzy
Dec 22, 2006

Nap Ghost
Welcome to dark souls

Basebf555
Feb 29, 2008

The greatest sensual pleasure there is is to know the desires of another!

Fun Shoe
Someone post about how much this game sucks so I can tell myself I'm not missing much for the next three weeks. It's terrible right?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ten_twentyfour
Jan 24, 2008

Probably the best game ever made and that ever will be made.

• Locked thread