Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Space Harrier
Apr 19, 2007
GET READY!!!!
Okay, I gave into the temptation and am trying to get this game for the Xbox One. Muddled my way through Microsoft's Japan site well enough to get 8,000 yen in cards with codes sent to my e-mail. So far so good. Switched the Xbone to Japan- type in the codes which are regognized as 5,000 and 3,000 yen ticket and... error message. Tried it from the console- error message. From PC? Same error message. Seems to be some kind of region error? I don't know what the hell. What now?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Space Harrier
Apr 19, 2007
GET READY!!!!
Jesus christ, people are already talking about the game's ending?

I knew I still had an Xbone for a reason. I'm about five hours into the English Xbox One version so far, and I'm really enjoying it. I hadn't considered the fact that playing the English version forces you offline until the western day-one patch is released. I was kinda bummed about that at first, but not really missing the millions of "tongue but whole" and "Take a step forward" messages.

Space Harrier
Apr 19, 2007
GET READY!!!!
Where is everyone getting this idea that the unpatched Xbox One version is easier? I understand that the developers made a special supposedly easier version of this game for the press, but didn't that version only include a small portion of the game? I would assume that what I'm playing, which is labelled as version 1.0 , is the same code that's being pressed and shipped onto disc.

Space Harrier
Apr 19, 2007
GET READY!!!!
Have people figured out how the hollowing mechanic works in this game yet? It seems to just be cosmetic, but is there more to it than this? I was afflicted with the dark sigil and began to hollow, but cured it with the fire keeper's soul. This didn't reverse my hollowing, but I no longer become more hollow each time I die. Is there an item I can use to reverse hollowing?

Space Harrier
Apr 19, 2007
GET READY!!!!

GodspeedSphere posted:

I seem to be at an impasse. I proceeded up to the snow level, but don't have the key for crossing the bridge. It appears I've accidentally skipped an entire large section of bosses. Can someone point the way or tell me where to explore? I'm trying for a more or less "blind" playthrough.

The key for the snow level is actually a doll item that you will be given after defeating the deacons of the deep in the Cathedral of the Deep. Did you defeat the Crystal Sage boss? This area can be accessed after defeating him.

Space Harrier
Apr 19, 2007
GET READY!!!!

GodspeedSphere posted:

I have not. Point the way? I'm clearing the entire swamp at this moment.

Starting from the road of sacrifices, hang left instead of heading into the poison swamp. (Remember the area with the giant crabs?) You will eventually see a structure with several mages; clear the structure and you will eventually find a path leading to the Crystal Sage. Also be on the lookout for an NPC on the second level of this area that becomes a shopkeeper.

Space Harrier
Apr 19, 2007
GET READY!!!!
I'm getting ready to do a very un-Dark Souls thing and admit total defeat against the Dancer of the Boreal Valley- At least until the English Xbox One version gets online and I can summon for the boss. I've got her attack patterns down solid in phase 1, but I just cannot do effective damage against her in phase 2. Hugging the pillars on the side of the arena keeps me safe, but I have no way of doing effective damage without getting slaughtered by a combo. Pyromancy does a reasonable amount of damage, but leaves me too wide open to attack. I'm sure I've tried this boss at least 30 times. Any advice for Phase 2? and is it possible to summon an NPC for this fight that I may have missed?

Space Harrier
Apr 19, 2007
GET READY!!!!

Thanks, but... I'm not sure what to take away from this video. An NPC is available in this area? I thought I had checked pretty thouroughly while embered, but couldn't find a sign.

Space Harrier
Apr 19, 2007
GET READY!!!!

VextheGrey posted:

Stay behind her, she overswings like woah. You can actually just walk though much of the swingy stuff. Don't get far away.

So, the old bury-your-face-in-the-bosses'-rear end strategy applies here, eh? Hadn't really tried that since the game has been pretty good at discouraging that in other encounters.

Space Harrier
Apr 19, 2007
GET READY!!!!
Thanks for the advice on the dancer. Finally beat her. Gonna put this game down for a while. I lost track of how many times I attempted... Probably something crazy like 50. Haven't been that hung up on a boss since Ornstein and Smough.

Space Harrier
Apr 19, 2007
GET READY!!!!
Yeah, thanks anyway. I don't think I would have quit for good, but I was starting to run out of ideas on that boss. Is it even possible to summon for the dancer without sequence breaking and killing Emma before you fight Vordt?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Space Harrier
Apr 19, 2007
GET READY!!!!

Orv posted:

I could swear there's another NPC in High Wall that's intended for Vordt and there's no reason you couldn't use them, but I'm not 100% on that.

Yeah, but don't all the summon signs disappear once you've killed Vordt? I can't tell if it would be possible to summon an online player since I'm on the offline Xbox version.

• Locked thread