Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Gnumonic
Dec 11, 2005

Maybe you thought I was the Packard Goose?
As it is now March 25th in Hong Kong I can only assume that Play-Asia lied to me and that my physical copy of Dks3 will not ship on or before the 24th, so does anyone know which sites, if any, still have Japanese PSN codes?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Gnumonic
Dec 11, 2005

Does anyone know where the Great Swamp Pyromancy Tome is? I think I missed it somewhere .

Gnumonic
Dec 11, 2005

Anyone have even the slightest idea how pyromancy scales/what the int/fth breakpoints are? I've been running around with the bare minimum int and faith to cast stuff, but I'm not sure if I want to start pumping those stats if I need to get each to like 30 for optimum damage.

Gnumonic
Dec 11, 2005

That thing that I assume was once Gwyndolin is loving terrifying.

Is there a second pyromancy trainer somewhere? The one I have won't teach me the chaos spells for some reason.

Gnumonic
Dec 11, 2005

Are there any NPC summons for Aldrich? I... am not having much success on this fight.

Gnumonic
Dec 11, 2005

Man Aldrich is driving me insane. I've gotten him to like 10% probably a dozen times, but every fight he ends up using the arrow rain into the Gwyndolin massive soul arrow thing in phase 2 and I just can't figure out how to get out of it. If I sprint away from the arrows and dodge the first soul arrow I run out of stamina to get away from the arrow rain after the dodge, but if I just sprint I get slammed by the soul arrow thing which one shots me. I should be the right level for the fight (I'm around 55), but maybe 16 vitality (or vigor, the HP stat) isn't enough?

Gnumonic
Dec 11, 2005

Seems like the chaos blade eats a lot less life per hit than the Dks1/2 version. I'm also almost certain that +10 Chaos Blade is the highest dps dex weapon, at least unbuffed -- unless there's another S dex weapon I haven't found.

Also: Can one summon for the Nameless King? I haven't seen any signs but I'm not sure where to look, and as much as I hate to admit it I just don't think I'm gonna beat this rear end in a top hat solo any time soon.

Gnumonic
Dec 11, 2005

I ran a second char through the game to get that sword that scales with luck, and man, it has to have A or S luck scaling. After respec'ing to 30 luck and 10s in all other offensive stats, at +3 the thing is 163 + 107 (It upgrades with twinkling titanite.) It...might actually be worth using this in pvp.

Gnumonic
Dec 11, 2005

Holy poo poo the Morion blade *and* power within are in the game. Need to collect all the pieces and see if there's an even stronger hyper mode in this game than Demon's Souls.

Gnumonic
Dec 11, 2005

Anyone found a weapon that has decent chaos/dark infusion scaling? I've been playing a dark pyromancer, but my +10 dark uchi kind of blows.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Gnumonic
Dec 11, 2005

Captain Oblivious posted:

Eh, yeah gently caress it I'll just do Pyromancer for the first character. Probably Raw Astora Straight Sword with Flame Arc until I can work on something that Chaos infuses worth a drat. Are there any weapons known to Chaos infuse worth a drat in particular?

The Astora Greatsword gets A/A for int and faith when chaos (or dark) infused at max upgrade. I used that on my pyromancer character and it was fine, although the appropriate clutch ring was basically necessary.

• Locked thread