Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
ziasquinn
Jan 1, 2006

Fallen Rib
I did it, I ordered the JPN version. Since I made the ps4 the primary for both accounts, I should be able to actually play it online with my normal ps account, right? Or, I guess, my japanese psn can utilize the ps+ that my main account has? It doesn't really matter, I guess.

ziasquinn fucked around with this message at 23:15 on Mar 21, 2016

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ziasquinn
Jan 1, 2006

Fallen Rib
Good idea/good to know.

ziasquinn
Jan 1, 2006

Fallen Rib

The Moon Monster posted:

Is this game preloading yet? I pre-ordered it but couldn't figure out how to download it, if that's possible. The OP of the other thread is a huge enabler and I hate it. Oh well, if I can play Japanese Monster Hunter I can play Japanese Dark Souls.

Yeah I had to go into my jp account and go to my game library and choose download. I must've messed up when I preordered it and it didn't auto start downloading.

ziasquinn
Jan 1, 2006

Fallen Rib
Stay safe dark souls 3 ghosts

ziasquinn
Jan 1, 2006

Fallen Rib
I can't see any other way to get that authentic "what the gently caress now" feeling than stumbling through Menus and zones with only machine translation and translation notes from other players online to figure it out. :unsmigghh:

ziasquinn
Jan 1, 2006

Fallen Rib
Ignore. I thought it was out on the 23rd not the 24th.

ziasquinn fucked around with this message at 05:53 on Mar 22, 2016

ziasquinn
Jan 1, 2006

Fallen Rib
Yeah I thought it was out on midnight 22/23 for Japan so it was weird that the countdown timers appeared to point to Midday 23. It makes sense now that I double checked and saw its released 23/24 midnight in Japan

ziasquinn
Jan 1, 2006

Fallen Rib

ziasquinn
Jan 1, 2006

Fallen Rib
Woke up. Killed the crystal lizard. Went to work. Game loving rules and handles beautifully.

ziasquinn
Jan 1, 2006

Fallen Rib
I waited too long to remember that and now I'm at the point where it'll probably make it harder to switch them :cripes:

ziasquinn
Jan 1, 2006

Fallen Rib
I like that the "undead settlement" in Japanese looks like a dude, an arrow going up through the ground, and a ton of houses

ziasquinn
Jan 1, 2006

Fallen Rib

Finster Dexter posted:

Google Translate calls it "Immortality Street".

Excellent

ziasquinn
Jan 1, 2006

Fallen Rib

Zaphod42 posted:

Ohhhh poo poo, the uchigatana moveset, using the sword art lets you go into Iajitsu style whenever you want and then do two differnet sword strikes from that stance... gently caress that's so perfect.

This is Blood Souls, straight up.

SoulsBourne.

The strong move from that stance is a parry. I haven't managed to connect the parry but the sound it makes is amazing.

ziasquinn
Jan 1, 2006

Fallen Rib
When I was fighting the katana guy I was loving bewildered that his attacks weren't staggering me. I kept thinking it was a trait of the sword to like, slice through your defenses.

Turns out I'm just trashed from playing so much Bloodborne and I forgot poise is a thing. :laffo:

ziasquinn
Jan 1, 2006

Fallen Rib
I'm convinced luck must affect how often you'll get mercy hp. Where a normal attack would finish you; instead you get to live again with a pinch.

ziasquinn
Jan 1, 2006

Fallen Rib
I'm continually amazed at how smooth the backstab animation looks. I don't think I've seen any magnetic pulling or repositioning once so far

ziasquinn
Jan 1, 2006

Fallen Rib

Zaphod42 posted:

They're also more satisfying, like visceral attacks from BB over standard DS1/DS2 backstabs. (well, I guess some DS2 parry/backstabs were pretty cool)

In general though the animations feel much better.

The plunging attack is much more of a specific animation that makes sense as a pluging attack, instead of just kinda swinging your sword as you fall in a slightly different arc.

And something that's always bugged me about souls games is that they hold shields wrong, using their hand and wrist only which would cause you to have your wrist broken and drop your shield on the first solid hit you take. Its still not perfect in DS3 but they tried to kinda angle it different with the shield so it looks more like its braced against your forearm the way it should be.

On the other hand, my sword sheathe and magic catalyst when they're on my belt each float a good 2 feet off to my side in mid-air, which looks really loving weird. Its like I've got some anime technology floating around me.

I really like how tall the knights are. They're huge but not Giants. Makes them stand out a lot more but not feel ridiculous compared to the standard mobs.

ziasquinn
Jan 1, 2006

Fallen Rib
Doubtful :poolgirl:

Anything is possible if FROM wills it though.

ziasquinn
Jan 1, 2006

Fallen Rib

Yeah the default is NO cross region. Make the runes match the second choice.

ziasquinn
Jan 1, 2006

Fallen Rib
Can't believe you can see the Bloodborne blood spray textures in the game (like the white goop when you kill the leg cages, it'll follow the arcs if you weapon) and didn't make everything spill blood like crazy.

I like the hyper bloody viscerals.

ziasquinn
Jan 1, 2006

Fallen Rib
The ambient noises in this game are freaking me out.

ziasquinn
Jan 1, 2006

Fallen Rib

HGH posted:

So that's what that NPC was all about! I thought it was just a creepy thing to scare you off.

Lol gently caress me. I wondered why that thing gave me 1000 souls instead of 40.

ziasquinn
Jan 1, 2006

Fallen Rib

Harrow posted:

I've heard the first few areas still have the preview build balancing, where they were easier so that journalists could make progress. That could be wrong, though, or just an excuse someone's spreading for the first few areas being really easy.

I thought that only applies to the 1.0 version Xbox people can play in English offline. Idk though.

It's brutal getting 40 souls per kill early.

ziasquinn
Jan 1, 2006

Fallen Rib
I really wanna make the caestus work but I really gotta pump the reinforcement for them to equal my ice sword.

ziasquinn
Jan 1, 2006

Fallen Rib
Chugged my estus and it got refilled. Thanks rando guy for the perfect timing.

ziasquinn
Jan 1, 2006

Fallen Rib
You say that like I'm not blowing a ring slot to look (dark sigil spoiler) so I don't look loving rotted out

ziasquinn
Jan 1, 2006

Fallen Rib

Nickoten posted:

My experience so far is that I've always been invaded by one dude after being cindered by a boss. Once I was invaded by a red phantom AND a phantom who seemed to be both blue and red. No idea what happened there.

Edit: Fun piece of trivia. I killed Aldritch (for some reason named "Eldritch" in Japanese) at the same time that I died and I respawned in cinder status! Still gotta go get my souls though.

Your underlying covenant item colors you as a base layer below your status--> a guy with the sunbro covenant will be gold and red if he invaded someone

ziasquinn
Jan 1, 2006

Fallen Rib
We're all sinners in the eyes of God

ziasquinn
Jan 1, 2006

Fallen Rib
I wish I was powerfully good enough to run the 100% physical shield that lets you use the weapon art of your weapon and just sword parry everyone.

Ironically that means I wouldn't be good enough to run no shield.

ziasquinn
Jan 1, 2006

Fallen Rib
I feel like it'd be more powerful if red phantoms couldn't kill / interact with the mobs in another world. But...

ziasquinn
Jan 1, 2006

Fallen Rib

Filthy Monkey posted:

Once you turn in enough ash to the lady chick, she will start selling chunks, twinkling, and demon titanite. Chunks are 13000 each, twinkling is 15000, and demon is 20000. May seem like a lot, but once you get to the final areas you'll be swimming in souls.

This gets me horny cause continuing to make insanely high leveled single characters burning through tons of cycles of ng+ is viable and because there isn't any chalice crap I also feel free to make tons of Alts. I never made Alts in Bloodborne cause of the chalices.

ziasquinn
Jan 1, 2006

Fallen Rib
Use your free level ups on Luck

ziasquinn
Jan 1, 2006

Fallen Rib
Yurias cainhurst gear looks sick.

ziasquinn
Jan 1, 2006

Fallen Rib
https://twitter.com/yourdeadgayson/status/714634973056118787

ziasquinn
Jan 1, 2006

Fallen Rib
Just spent 20k souls on some sick looking armor; the hat is wide brimmed like a witches but it has a bird doctor mask under it.

ziasquinn
Jan 1, 2006

Fallen Rib
I hate those guys

ziasquinn
Jan 1, 2006

Fallen Rib
Dresses rule

ziasquinn
Jan 1, 2006

Fallen Rib
Tree Boss made me highly uncomfortable and I'm talking about its size because I've never felt like i could get crushed in these games until then. Like. Just stomped. Destroyed. Scared to approach.

ziasquinn
Jan 1, 2006

Fallen Rib
Might've just been the first time you talked to her? I never equipped it and she got all pissy at me after I joined. Maybe cause I turned in an ear? I killed her for bad mouthing me and made other NPCs read evil poo poo.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ziasquinn
Jan 1, 2006

Fallen Rib

MrLonghair posted:

I've respecced and hosed around with fists and I don't see it working. Looks cool though, with those Demon's Fist.

Or you'll need to get lucky with upgrade material drops and also pour points into what it scales with. URgh

The right pontiffs eye with coated raw caestus tears poo poo up

• Locked thread