Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Arivia
Mar 17, 2011

My Lovely Horse posted:

I totally get what you mean by exploited in a global socioeconomic sense, but I think it's funny because I associate it with the exploiting party gaining something of some sort of value from the process and I can't think of a single use you could gain from a human skeleton that isn't your own personal one.

there's a huge tradition of colonizers taking the bodies of the colonized for "study" to justify poo poo like eugenics

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

flavor.flv
Apr 18, 2008

I got a letter from the government the other day
opened it, read it
it said they was bitches

There are tons of uses for skeletons.

• Anatomy teaching aids

• Hamlet productions

• Halloween decorations

• Pranks

• Driving in the HOV lane

• Attaching to your motorcycle to make it look really, really cool

• Xylophone (cartoon skeletons only)

Iron Crowned
May 6, 2003

by Hand Knit

Aesop Poprock posted:

Yeah I might not know what I’m talking about but it reminds me of the Body Worlds scandal where it came out they had no documentation for who the bodies were and where they came from, with the people behind being unable to refute they weren’t executed Chinese criminals

There were at least two of those exhibits roaming the country in the 00's. The one I went to definitely had fetuses, so I guess the criminals start early in China.

Koaxke
Jan 18, 2009
What about when you need a complete skeletonectomy? You're gonna look really dumb when I have a complete replacement skeleton ready to go.

Rascar Capac
Aug 31, 2016

Surprisingly nice, for an evil Inca mummy.

Koaxke posted:

What about when you need a complete skeletonectomy? You're gonna look really dumb when I have a complete replacement skeleton ready to go.

Keith Richards had all his bones taken out and new bones put in, to cure his Boneitis.

Fantastic Foreskin
Jan 6, 2013

A golden helix streaked skyward from the Helvault. A thunderous explosion shattered the silver monolith and Avacyn emerged, free from her prison at last.

RandomFerret posted:

I'm sure you could shape a rib to make a note. If you can do it on a taxidermiable animal you could have a sweet addition to your jug band.

Iron Crowned
May 6, 2003

by Hand Knit
I'm a strong independent skeleton and I don't need no meat.

Haifisch
Nov 13, 2010

Objection! I object! That was... objectionable!

Taco Defender

Koaxke posted:

So that's where Lowtax went wrong. Should have kept a backup spine.

Snowy
Oct 6, 2010

A man whose blood
Is very snow-broth;
One who never feels
The wanton stings and
Motions of the sense

I’m still waiting for insurance to approve my addadicktome.

Pigsfeet on Rye
Oct 22, 2008

I'm meat on the hoof

RandomFerret posted:

There are tons of uses for skeletons.

• Anatomy teaching aids

• Hamlet productions

• Halloween decorations

• Pranks

• Driving in the HOV lane

• Attaching to your motorcycle to make it look really, really cool

You forgot soup stock.

Screaming Idiot
Nov 26, 2007

JUST POSTING WHILE JERKIN' MY GHERKIN SITTIN' IN A PERKINS!

BEATS SELLING MERKINS.
Also sex toys

Arivia
Mar 17, 2011

Brings a whole new meaning to "Bone Me, Daddy!"

Pigsfeet on Rye
Oct 22, 2008

I'm meat on the hoof

Also, wind instruments

gey muckle mowser
Aug 5, 2003

Do you know anything about...
witches?

Buglord

Pigsfeet on Rye posted:

Also, wind instruments

Pigsfeet on Rye
Oct 22, 2008

I'm meat on the hoof

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Kangling

Fools Infinite
Mar 21, 2006
Journeyman

Haifisch posted:

So that's where Lowtax went wrong. Should have kept a backup spine.

He should of had them put the new one right next to the old one, like they do for bridges. Ol "Two Spines" Rich they'd call em.

Carthag Tuek
Oct 15, 2005

Tider skal komme,
tider skal henrulle,
slægt skal følge slægters gang

The Chod Yogi Who Split a Virgin Cliff in China

System Metternich
Feb 28, 2010

But what did he mean by that?

Koaxke posted:

Listen to this man, I didn’t have a replacement skeleton ready and still drank the bone hurting juice

ow oof ouch

Chin Strap
Nov 24, 2002

I failed my TFLC Toxx, but I no longer need a double chin strap :buddy:
Pillbug
"Now no one can say o don't own John Laroquette's spine!"

3D Megadoodoo
Nov 25, 2010

Bröther Lobsang may I have some Chöd?

Leon Sumbitches
Mar 27, 2010

Dr. Leon Adoso Sumbitches (prounounced soom-'beh-cheh) (born January 21, 1935) is heir to the legendary Adoso family oil fortune.

Krankenstyle posted:

The Chod Yogi Who Split a Virgin Cliff in China

The Chod Yogi vs The Virgin Cliff

Carthag Tuek
Oct 15, 2005

Tider skal komme,
tider skal henrulle,
slægt skal følge slægters gang

Leon Sumbitches posted:

The Chod Yogi vs The Virgin Cliff

:bravo:

Pastry of the Year
Apr 12, 2013

sweeperbravo
May 18, 2012

AUNT GWEN'S COLD SHAPE (!)
I want outsider art like that for when I have kids, put it in a room you don't want them going in.

jojoinnit
Dec 13, 2010

Strength and speed, that's why you're a special agent.
This is the best place I could think for this card that a Facebook friend claims to have received in their mailbox over the weekend:

Gotta respect his hustle, that's a lot of irons in the fire.

slinkimalinki
Jan 17, 2010

jojoinnit posted:

This is the best place I could think for this card that a Facebook friend claims to have received in their mailbox over the weekend:

I'm quite capable of buying what I don't need all by myself

Pigsfeet on Rye
Oct 22, 2008

I'm meat on the hoof

jojoinnit posted:

Is that Ash Williams from Evil Dead? If so, he needs a few more items in his specialties list, like "surviving demonic attack" and "dismembering the dead".

Pastry of the Year
Apr 12, 2013

jojoinnit posted:

I've been looking at this god damned picture for three minutes now trying to reverse engineer the leap from the introductory

Thank you For your Time and Services

to

It's My Pleasure to offer you My Services

and now my Wernicke’s area smells like a deep fryer that hasn't been cleaned out in a year

Cool Dad
Jun 15, 2007

It is always Friday night, motherfuckers

jojoinnit posted:

Is this person's name Ash, or is that a warning of some kind?

jojoinnit
Dec 13, 2010

Enola Gay-For-Pay posted:

Is this person's name Ash, or is that a warning of some kind?

24h Ash. For when you need ash and simply can't wait.

ajkalan
Aug 17, 2011

https://annarbor.craigslist.org/vgm/d/howell-old-hand-held-video-game/7107683366.html

This one isn't really a weird thing to sell, but more "I don't understand what is going through the seller's mind." This is complete trash, it all should have been thrown away and forgotten a long time ago. There is no one on the planet who is looking for a Tiger Electronics version of Connect Four, and I can practically smell that dirty Hangman image. But this ad has been reposted multiple times for at least a year and a half, possibly longer. We're in the middle of a pandemic and public lockdown, but whoever is posting this is still dutifully refreshing it, hoping to get $5 (for each game!). Every time I see this ad it blows my mind anew.

3D Megadoodoo
Nov 25, 2010

ajkalan posted:

There is no one on the planet who is looking for a Tiger Electronics version of Connect Four

Have you literally never been to Youtube?

Ghost Leviathan
Mar 2, 2017

Exploration is ill-advised.
If anything he's massively undervaluing what some online weirdo will pay for an obscure example of what is on the most technical level a video game based on a well known brand to add to their sprawling collection of forgotten electronic crap and/or demonstrate online for an unprecedented audience of bored internet video watchers.

Iron Crowned
May 6, 2003

by Hand Knit
Lights Out was a good one TBH

sweeperbravo
May 18, 2012

AUNT GWEN'S COLD SHAPE (!)
I had that hangman game! It wasn't great, the tetris we had was bangin though.

jojoinnit
Dec 13, 2010

I had every single one of those things because my mum refused to buy me a Nintendo because she believed that video games were all bad but she allowed the Tiger games cause they were too simple to be harmful. I could even have Street Fighter 2. I think in terms of gameplay the Pacman one worked the best.

ajkalan
Aug 17, 2011

3D Megadoodoo posted:

Have you literally never been to Youtube?

Based on these replies, apparently not.

jojoinnit
Dec 13, 2010

ajkalan posted:

Based on these replies, apparently not.

It's more interesting to me see come across a sad post like that and have that memory. I would rather shoot myself serenely in each side of my scrotum than watch some overgrown idiot on YouTube nerd out and try to play a "game" in 2020 that I was forced to own and play as a child.

GreenMetalSun
Oct 12, 2012

No one snipe me on this, it seems like a great deal.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Cool Dad
Jun 15, 2007

It is always Friday night, motherfuckers

GreenMetalSun posted:

No one snipe me on this, it seems like a great deal.

Westworld season 4 looking low budget