Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Ein cooler Typ
Nov 26, 2013

by FactsAreUseless
when I was a kid this movie always gave me nightmares

I dreamt I was about to be crushed by the trash compactor

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-UfsEj7AOGI

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Oh Don Piano
Nov 4, 2009
KFC Nashville Hot Chicken

jopparoad
Jul 27, 2009
Pillbug
Don't be afraid to follow your dreams. :)

r u ready to WALK
Sep 29, 2001

I miss the good old days when kids were traumatized by cartoons instead of news and the internet

Sure you can complain now, but watching a cartoon car get crushed is far easier to digest than watching someone get their head chopped off on youtube, or going shark fishing with live kitten bait, or whatever

Robokomodo
Nov 11, 2009
I used to know all the songs. I need to find that movie.

dreezy
Mar 4, 2015

yeah, rip.
all toasters toast toast.
-Putty

frytechnician
Jan 8, 2004

Happy to see me?

error1 posted:

I miss the good old days when kids were traumatized by cartoons instead of news and the internet

Pretty sure the reigning champ is still Watership Down.

ChrisHansen
Oct 28, 2014

Suck my damn balls.
Lipstick Apathy
The air conditioner freaked me out but that wierd dark forest kept me up at night

Applewhite
Aug 16, 2014

by vyelkin
Nap Ghost
Brave Little Toaster had some scary parts, but I think Secret of Nimh gave me more nightmares.

I think the champ though was Little Nemo. The black ooze and the nightmare king were scary, and even the comical Oomphs were more creepy than cute back then.

And yeah, cartoons don't have the balls to be scary like that anymore. What movies am I gonna show my kid??

Mr.Tophat
Apr 7, 2007

You clearly don't understand joke development :justpost:
Show your kids a movie of your posts

Record your findings

lonesomedwarf
Mar 22, 2010

i borred a suit from my dad and am pretending i have a big new computer job while i am dating an attractive nurse i borrowed a tape recorder and am about to play the sound of a telephone ringing so i can pretending i have a mobile telephone device

Posted from my iPad.

(USER WAS PUT ON PROBATION FOR THIS POST)

Shaquin
May 12, 2007

lonesomedwarf posted:

i borred a suit from my dad and am pretending i have a big new computer job while i am dating an attractive nurse i borrowed a tape recorder and am about to play the sound of a telephone ringing so i can pretending i have a mobile telephone device

Posted from my iPad.

hope the suit is big

Hector Beerlioz
Jun 16, 2010

aw, hec
I've never seen the film

Applewhite
Aug 16, 2014

by vyelkin
Nap Ghost

Mr.Tophat posted:

Show your kids a movie of your posts

Record your findings

They can't read so they reacted as one would expect a toddler to react to a slideshow of a bunch of gray screens.

Aug 4, 2010

when you think about it humans are just like toasters

Robokomodo
Nov 11, 2009
The scariest one was Fivel. That big-rear end robot at the end scared the hell out of me.

realbez
Mar 23, 2005

Fun Shoe
I watched the poo poo out of that tape. I loved that toaster movie

Mr. Pumroy
May 20, 2001

"worthless worthless worthless worthless!" - a cartoon

*young me sits in front of tv smiling and nodding*

Dinosaurmageddon
Jul 7, 2007

by zen death robot
Hell Gem
Toy Story knew.

The A/C unit dying near the start was thankfully skippable

social vegan
Nov 7, 2014

the lightbulb in the workshop ]gave me nightmares so now i live in the dark like batman if he heavily invested in jerking the ol ding dong all dayand not leaving home or making money

LadyAmbien
Oct 22, 2015

Applewhite posted:

Brave Little Toaster had some scary parts, but I think Secret of Nimh gave me more nightmares.

Oh god, Secret of Nimh haunted me. But in a way that I would watch it again and again just to freak myself out. The other bad one was that janky animated Hobbit movie made in the early 80s. For some reason Gollum horrified me, and I refused to ever watch it again.

Mr. Pumroy
May 20, 2001

i watched watership down when i was 8 and let me tell you, yikes!

Pennywise the Frown
May 10, 2010

Upset Trowel

LadyAmbien posted:

The other bad one was that janky animated Hobbit movie made in the early 80s. For some reason Gollum horrified me, and I refused to ever watch it again.

Yep.

Although The Return of the King cartoon gave us this bad rear end song. I used to love it as a kid.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YdXQJS3Yv0Y

Locker Room Zubaz
Aug 8, 2006

:horse:
~*~THE SECRET OF THE MAGICAL CRYSTALS IS THAT I'M FUCKING TERRIBLE~*~

This was my favorite movie as a kid and I probably watched it like 100 times. I think this movie lead to the rise of hoarding in the US like the lion king lead to the rise in furries

Nolan Arenado
May 8, 2009

The Brave Little Toaster was one of my favorite movies when I was a kid and now I'm all nostalgic and weepy on this Tuesday morning.

Ehud
Sep 19, 2003

football.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iOTf2UwP_uU

:smith:

Mr. Pumroy
May 20, 2001

i never liked the blanket, i liked the lamp it was edgy, the raphael of house appliances

FlimFlam Imam
Mar 1, 2007

Standing on a hill in my mountain of dreams
The only time I was ever really horrified from a movie was Willy Wonka & the Chocolate Factory with Gene Wilder. I can still remember watching it for the first time around the age of seven or so being mesmerized by this movie. It was one of the greatest movies ever, then the boat ride. It hits you like a witnessing a bloody car wreck or murder scene, you can't close your eyes for nights without seeing it.

ziasquinn
Jan 1, 2006

Fallen Rib
The forest was creepy. The stuff I vividly remember is strange: Lamp talking weird and tapping his pillow rock with his plug before trying to sleep.

The workshop song and new appliances song were my favorites.

I think the last unicorns harpy hosed me up more though

Horniest Manticore
Nov 23, 2013

Hello, you!
Lipstick Apathy

Locker Room Zubaz posted:

This was my favorite movie as a kid and I probably watched it like 100 times. I think this movie lead to the rise of hoarding in the US like the lion king lead to the rise in furries

oh, psh, everybody knows furries started with the disney robin hood movie. any coincidence that all furries want to be foxes?

Nooner
Mar 26, 2011

AN A+ OPSTER (:
I went to college with the guy who did the music for Brave Little Toaster's son, he was a cool guy, we hung out a lot when we were freshmen but kinda lost touch later but he was always a cool fun guy to chill with

social vegan
Nov 7, 2014

someone post that claymation movie w mark twain in it

Carmant
Nov 23, 2015

Treadmill? What's that? Is that some kind of cake?

I tried telling my ex about this movie but she kept insisting that it didn't exist. I was being "gaslighted" I think.

Locker Room Zubaz
Aug 8, 2006

~*~THE SECRET OF THE MAGICAL CRYSTALS IS THAT I'M FUCKING TERRIBLE~*~

Nooner posted:

I went to college with the guy who did the music for Brave Little Toaster's son, he was a cool guy, we hung out a lot when we were freshmen but kinda lost touch later but he was always a cool fun guy to chill with

you are old as gently caress

Nolan Arenado
May 8, 2009

Carmant posted:

I tried telling my ex about this movie but she kept insisting that it didn't exist. I was being "gaslighted" I think.

It's possible that she just split off from a different universe at some point, like all of us "Berenstein Bears" folks.

Applewhite
Aug 16, 2014

by vyelkin
Nap Ghost

social vegan posted:

someone post that claymation movie w mark twain in it

That one still scares me and I will not watch it.

cram me sideways
Apr 26, 2015
mmmm yes i am a legal adult and do believe i will be partaking of the CHilde's Entertainment©

Nooner
Mar 26, 2011

AN A+ OPSTER (:

Locker Room Zubaz posted:

you are old as gently caress

b.b.b.but I graduated in 2012 :cripes:

social vegan
Nov 7, 2014

Nooner posted:

b.b.b.but I graduated in 2012 :cripes:

ya big shocker u got held back

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Pick
Jul 19, 2009
Nap Ghost
I only got halfway through my review of this movie, but yeah it's good. I got my life slightly more on track though so no more 39489483 word reviews!

• Locked thread