Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
dont be mean to me
May 2, 2007

I'm interplanetary, bitch
Let's go to Mars

BE - We still don't know the new guy so well and he's probably pretty decent at reading hostile grounds. Might as well spend the hour doing both.

ANYTHING BUT H - Sure he won't just leave for kicks, but do we want to give him a possible payday he might not be able to resist by leaving him someone worth kidnapping as a traitor to her community? (If I have to positively vote, F is fine.)

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

dont be mean to me
May 2, 2007

Let's go to Mars

HBar posted:

D. The mechs are liable to wake up sooner or later. By taking the duct we make sure it won't happen too early, and we get familiar with the escape route where they can't fit.

Good an argument as any. D.

dont be mean to me
May 2, 2007

Let's go to Mars

CG

Those two facts are ... probably not related.

dont be mean to me
May 2, 2007

Let's go to Mars

EH - We gotta catch up. (Also make sure that E is behind the proverbial seven proxies.)

dont be mean to me
May 2, 2007

Let's go to Mars

Is D even mutually exclusive with any of A to C?

dont be mean to me
May 2, 2007

Let's go to Mars

Okay.

C. Even if favors would be useful, Yngado feels like a hell of a loose end, and he's not even one we'd feel bad about tying up.

dont be mean to me
May 2, 2007

Let's go to Mars

Blasphemaster posted:

Changing vote to A/E. We do the trickery with the added bonus of broadcasting a thanks to Yngado for accepting our bribe. Good times ensue.

Publicly and undeniably embarrassing the new bad guy is probably a decent way to guarantee they team up against us. You really want to deal with that?

dont be mean to me
May 2, 2007

Let's go to Mars

BEHKNQ

I at least hope that my choosing all six middle choices is coincidental.

dont be mean to me
May 2, 2007

Let's go to Mars

DEXZ

X being "Ramadi, keep an eye or two out for a flank action; I'll join you if it happens." Regal will approach with due stealth and break for them if either party loses it.
Z being "Tone, you've done a lot for us already. Your call if you want to stick around."

dont be mean to me
May 2, 2007

Let's go to Mars

He's huge! That means he has huge guts!

:black101: RIP AND TEAR :black101:

dont be mean to me
May 2, 2007

Let's go to Mars

Tran posted:

CGK: Glory to the True Flesh.

Really anything that processes the information is the True Flesh but gently caress it Plan Tran

dont be mean to me
May 2, 2007

Let's go to Mars

how the hell did things go that well.

also kitty! :3:

Xiphopagus posted:

Short Answer Section
1. Are you still going to pay Yngado, even though you killed Ymirez?
2. Are you going to visit a professional about the level of synthesis you're developing with your cybernetics?
3. Are you going to see Baz Kemandi about her job (Data Assassinaton), or are you going to take time for your team to recover and relax?
4. Are you going to have a talk with Vare about the nature of your relationship, or are you going to leave that metaphorical Lar-gast lurking in the corner for another day?

Essay Section
5. What sort of plans and expectations do you have for Regal and her companions, either short or long term?

1) Yes. Reputation is everything. We can figure out if he tried to throw his deal (read: us) later and settle that if called for. But for now, pay the man.
2) Yes. On the one hand, nothing says we HAVE to turn into a cyberlich or something like it's fuckin' Shadowrun, but we're not going to integrate properly on our own. Or maybe we might, but why chance it. Just do your research so you don't end up walking into some government trap again.
3) Downtime. This job was kind of a big deal and even if the crew didn't need some R&R time doing anything even modestly visible would attract possibly all the attention on the planet in our direction. If it isn't already.
4) Figure things out with her. This one's probably more complicated than I'm giving it credit but there's probably no way around this one. Working too close and too well together for the whole 'starting over' thing to hold up.
5) We don't really have any reason to leave and there's no incentive not to take this place over. We'll want to do it gracefully, if we can. And Lazaruise brings up a good point: we are going to burn slavery off the face of this world.

dont be mean to me
May 2, 2007

Let's go to Mars

Y

Outrail posted:

gently caress it. Y. Hopefully the killswitch works. Hopefully we can talk to the wormthings when they achieve sentience and try to take over.

See, this is why you try to give your drone retinue and augs a proper upbringing. They may at some point need to be you, after all.

dont be mean to me
May 2, 2007

Let's go to Mars

Outrail posted:

The young eat the old if you let them, Jerry.

Sometimes there isn't any 'the old' left to eat.

Oh yeah, before I forget:

Sir Unimaginative posted:

Just do your research so you don't end up walking into some government trap again.

Siiiiiiigh.

dont be mean to me fucked around with this message at 23:24 on Jul 12, 2016

dont be mean to me
May 2, 2007

Let's go to Mars

Wentley posted:

C

The best reaction to a kidnapping. Time to get out, loot and see how we can profit from this.

This.

dont be mean to me
May 2, 2007

Let's go to Mars

Outrail posted:

Oh, while we're waiting for a good spot to jump off set it so the doors lock and radio blasts something terrible.

Celine Dion comes to mind.

Fine, everything you said, but I'm starting to think there's something wrong with you.

dont be mean to me
May 2, 2007

Let's go to Mars

Does she know that Regal borged herself yet?

Wentley posted:

Only if the hat looks spiff on us do we keep it! We're classy.

If not, we save it for someone it would look good on. Hey, we're calling K anyway.

dont be mean to me
May 2, 2007

Let's go to Mars

Outrail posted:

Or wait for their backup to arrive and crawl into their trunk while they aren't looking...

Which would totally make this all a worthwhile expenditure of effort.

dont be mean to me
May 2, 2007

Let's go to Mars

Outrail posted:

This guy had 10 exoducats, a gun and a pimp cool hat. How much cool poo poo do you think the backup will bring us?

Uhh... poo poo, that's a good point.

dont be mean to me
May 2, 2007

Let's go to Mars

Blasphemaster posted:

Stim, try to find a hiding place and drag that whatit dude with you. Have a moment. Toke up if it's someone close.

Verbatim.

dont be mean to me
May 2, 2007

Let's go to Mars

Outrail posted:

All of this.

Except don't blast him, hes got the drop on us. Say 'Oh god, oh god I'll come quietly, please just get me out of here' then start scrabbling around at the drugs and blast him when he's rolling his eyes.

Yup.

Knowing this game though we'll end up hitting air when Dramatic Timing happens and Kamula hits him with a truck.

dont be mean to me
May 2, 2007

Let's go to Mars

Outrail posted:

Yep, and in light of what just happened we need to get rid of these cybernetics and get new ones that aren't trying to go sky net on us.

Seems prudent.

A, mostly because I'm curious how a Verdugar ends up with so little control of her fiefdom.

dont be mean to me
May 2, 2007

Let's go to Mars

Outrail posted:

I'm happy with this, on the understanding we're just biding our time before we inevitably betray the crocodiles.

Couldn't have said it better myself.

Plan Blasphemaster

dont be mean to me
May 2, 2007

Let's go to Mars

NastyToes posted:

A E
No harm in hearing what he has to say.

This.

Well. No harm for us, anyway.

dont be mean to me
May 2, 2007

Let's go to Mars

BCGIK

dont be mean to me
May 2, 2007

Let's go to Mars

C, and if she wants our intel then drown (figuratively) her in it.

dont be mean to me
May 2, 2007

Let's go to Mars

This. B and (optionally) E can be brought in after things have stabilized.

dont be mean to me
May 2, 2007

Let's go to Mars

Green Intern posted:

Yes I am sure being incredibly sanctimonious and pompous about all this will go over just swimmingly.

Well, we are right next to an oceanic trench that would freeze over if not for the crushing pressure of the water on top of it.

There's an airlock somewhere. Swimmingly would be quite the accurate description, for a few hundred milliseconds.

dont be mean to me
May 2, 2007

Let's go to Mars

I was iffy on bringing other elder schmucks into it from go, and now the plot is basically begging us to kerb him.

:f5:B

dont be mean to me
May 2, 2007

Let's go to Mars

B. When does a CYOA ever not do Interesting Time?

dont be mean to me
May 2, 2007

Let's go to Mars

Xiphopagus posted:

For which nodes? All?

Yes. :pcgaming::respek::getin:

dont be mean to me
May 2, 2007

Let's go to Mars

HBar posted:

Ark/Outrail + Hyperducat

Worth it, or completely worth it?

dont be mean to me
May 2, 2007

Let's go to Mars

EGHK because there is always time for :420:space weed:420:

dont be mean to me
May 2, 2007

Let's go to Mars

Skimming beats a throwdown with transsapient dream police.

dont be mean to me
May 2, 2007

Let's go to Mars

1. C
2. O
3. N
4. F
5. I
6. R
7. M

dont be mean to me
May 2, 2007

Let's go to Mars

B

Not Alex posted:

Reconciliation sounds... less than promising for our personal identity.

It seems like you'd still have one, just... you know, more of it. Having a species that actually likes being and then repeatedly taking that away from them over their vessel's life isn't great for a society's survival value.

dont be mean to me
May 2, 2007

Let's go to Mars

F then G

We do not use freaky space-warping or suicide-creation machines on a vessel with spotty power.

dont be mean to me
May 2, 2007

Let's go to Mars

B

You just go ahead and do that, Mr. I won't retire until they drag me out of the office

dont be mean to me
May 2, 2007

Let's go to Mars

big bag of nacho cheese posted:

Thanks for the concern, everyone. Fortunately, everyone is doing well on the average, but a combination of Life and a demotivating lack of votes did kinda push this onto the back burner. I don't have an interest in seeing this dead, though, so I can definitely get to work on the next update if there's interest.

Oh.

Well, then any split is fine and I hope Life promptly returns to order.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

dont be mean to me
May 2, 2007

Let's go to Mars

B, and let's ask whether/how time runs differently in the Matrix. I doubt we can live out an entire life in 40 minutes like that one Star Trek episode, but I'd be surprised if we're in a rush.

B can turn into A but not the other way around. C I don't know about because of its connotations.

• Locked thread