Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
HBar
Sep 13, 2007

CIK. Attempting a direct hack on an infomancer probably won't go well, and it would make him more suspicious about our trap. Keep him occupied and take out the gun-drones so the Raq defenders can do their jobs.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

HBar
Sep 13, 2007

Blasphemaster posted:

E"Hold Please." Cue Ramadi in on our prisoner situation. Let her decide his fate as a bit of us paying her back for our treachery. Maybe she wants info on those threatening her people or somesuch. Also it killed some of her guys, maybe she wants to off him herself.
E (Plan Blasphemaster)
G
. J is a lie even if we mean it, we're almost sure to cross paths again regardless of how Ramadi feels about it.

HBar
Sep 13, 2007

B. We're defenseless against the Elder species if they feel forced to take us out, and they don't seem like the kind of creatures who would bluff about this.

HBar
Sep 13, 2007

A seems the most useful and least dangerous of the remaining options.
G. Ignore mates, get money.

HBar
Sep 13, 2007

A. Do Lamropeans even get drunk? And she just happens to have a G40-EX? This smells like a setup.

HBar
Sep 13, 2007

A. Sorry drone.

HBar
Sep 13, 2007

AF

HBar
Sep 13, 2007

C. A takes too much time and we don't know enough for B. And the information might not be very usable regardless.
E. Things that don't seem relevant now could become relevant during the mission.
L. Make sure the pirates aren't planning to betray us.

HBar
Sep 13, 2007

Ark/Outrail + Hyperducat

HBar
Sep 13, 2007

1. Matriarch Yzbey-La (aka Queen Croc Bitch). I wish we could blame Poole, too bad he's actually on the mission.
2. B. Long-term the upgrade should help us more than a one-time cash grab or mission boost.
3. F. Don't take any more chances than you need to (without resorting to outright murder of innocents).
4. L. There's time for a little more preparation, but we shouldn't risk everything by going to Praxis when our odds are already this good.

HBar
Sep 13, 2007

H

Primer: Erb Weapons and Technology

HBar
Sep 13, 2007

C. Too drunk on election night to decide what Regal should say but I hope it's good.

HBar
Sep 13, 2007

The Fluke

HBar
Sep 13, 2007

Looks like everyone's already doing what suits them best. It's questionable how useful Tone would be on the sub if we can't control it here, but he wouldn't be a big asset in any other role either. Confirm all.

HBar
Sep 13, 2007

E. There's no need to wait and hope for guidance when you can access all the information yourself.

HBar
Sep 13, 2007

Then we should add more votes. I don't have any better ideas, so Plan Lazariuse/Blasphemaster it is.

Obj 1: Ramadi and Crossbones
Obj 2: Kamula and Scuzzy Jr.
Obj 3: Regal and Hardjack.

HBar
Sep 13, 2007

Sometimes I'll read the update and enjoy it and then not vote, and it's usually because I have no idea what to do next and the situation seems so perilous that I don't want to get it wrong. But maybe in this case it's better to be a wrong-voter than a non-voter.

HBar
Sep 13, 2007

B. If we don't spend at least a little more time here, we're going to regret it forever. I suppose if we take too long and some of our friends die, we're going to regret that too. But we can get new friends, we can't get a new long-extinct homeworld. (yay i'm wrongvoting!)

HBar
Sep 13, 2007

Blasphemaster posted:

C

I uh...got a feeling this digital ghost raptor lady is gonna try to steal our body.
I was on the fence until this post, but now the paranoid-as-hell part of Reeg's brain is sounding all the klaxons.

C

HBar
Sep 13, 2007

A, Cash in

HBar
Sep 13, 2007

C. If we can replace this enormous unmanageable vessel with one 6% of the size, it would be the ideal Erbtech vessel to run with a skeleton crew. This is the kind of ship ducats can't buy, a vastly better reward than any other possible payout.
I+Offer the rest of the team a chance to either depart or invite guests in case it's one-way. But even if it is one-way, Erbworld has to be better than Thoon. Some of the others might have reasons to stay, but we don't.
L. Don't bring any trouble to our potential new home.
P. We're going to need a pilot familiar with all of the ship's systems.

HBar
Sep 13, 2007

I don't see Regal as the kind of person to commit geocide. After the initial exhilaration of Erbship wears off, her actions would haunt her and tear her apart. Sure we want to stick it to the slavers, but that's because the lives of the oppressed people matter. Annihilating them would mean total and irreversible failure when the real goal is liberation.

HBar
Sep 13, 2007

1. Plan Blasphemaster, except 35% for Ramadi instead of 25%.
2. D, Tone deserves thanks for keeping us all alive for the past few missions and his family can get more use out of the Fluke than anyone else.
3. Muffin
4. The Impossible

HBar
Sep 13, 2007

1. Yes
2. Anyone remaining on Gigas
3. Yes
4. Yes
5. No
6. No
7. No Enough drugs to last a long, long time.

HBar fucked around with this message at 04:57 on May 13, 2017

HBar
Sep 13, 2007

1. A. Tone doesn't need it, the deal sounds acceptable, and I'd rather have the sub go to Vrade instead of someone we trust even less.
3. H. We don't know if Erbworld is going to have anything like a gene librarian, legitimate or otherwise. So if it's going to happen we better start the process now.

HBar
Sep 13, 2007

How long do we expect we might need at the initial destination? Is travel time an issue?

If there's time to do something at several locations, I vote A first to get more information. And after that we should be looking at liberating Deshu-Sweron and preparing mass destruction with Gresater X.

HBar
Sep 13, 2007

A. Can't make an omelette without blowing up a few hundred robots.

HBar
Sep 13, 2007

1. C. Even if Voulgue is inflating the odds of success, there's still less risk for everyone involved.

2. What makes you you?

HBar
Sep 13, 2007

Toughy posted:

Changing from A to C, with end goal of bio replacement
C, with end goal of bio replacement

HBar
Sep 13, 2007

Echoing Echo and Tone. The other things might be more important but the team can handle them and this is more fun.

HBar
Sep 13, 2007

Tone's honing his skills on the new flight simulator:

Here's a template with a transparent screen:

HBar
Sep 13, 2007

1. Yes, so it makes sense when we ask him who he is and what happened.
2. Yes, as long as he keeps answering questions.
3. Plan Blasphemaster.
4. No, continue as planned

Meanwhile Tone accidentally stumbles upon a private video cache:

HBar
Sep 13, 2007

1. B. These are experienced mercenaries with combat armor and likely a natural resistance to heat and energy. Our little laser attacks aren't going to cut it, literally.

5. J. "Who's going to take your ship? What are they doing here, and what are you doing here?"
G/J Plan Outrail

HBar fucked around with this message at 01:14 on Nov 16, 2017

HBar
Sep 13, 2007

Outrail posted:

G/J *bzzzt*[manual override]*click* "Oh, hello! This is drone tech D4487, I am very busy right now, this drone will leave in 20 seconds, tell me very quickly exactly what happened and I'll give you the drug combination of your choice. 18 seconds remaining."[/b]
OK, I like this version better.

HBar
Sep 13, 2007

dont be mean to me posted:

BG

"Treat it like it has a family aboard, because it does."

All of this. Momma terpsid, her babies, and Kamula better all be stayin' alive like the BGs.

HBar
Sep 13, 2007

Blasphemaster posted:

I kinda want to see what Midas is up to, if only to keep an eye on the crusty old prick.
Agreed. What would Midas be up to right now? I have no idea and want to find out.

Hexenritter posted:

Holy poo poo you changed your name to Bee Bonk :love:
Is this a reference to something?

HBar
Sep 13, 2007

B. They should get a room, and I can only assume this freighter has many rooms.

HBar
Sep 13, 2007

Leaning towards C. How exactly does our articulator work? Are there known defenses against it?

HBar
Sep 13, 2007

AG. C would have been preferable if it could also mask Volgue, we don't want to delete these poor idiots if there's another option that works.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

HBar
Sep 13, 2007

CEJN

• Locked thread