Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us $3,400 per month for bandwidth bills alone, and since we don't believe in shoving popup ads to our registered users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
«4 »
Blasphemaster
Jul 10, 2008

C for good times with crazy schemes.
O Ramadi Kinu.
Q Whatever that is, we should be that teal dude toking up in the foreground.

Being a brightly colored stoner who's on hard times because people think we're threatening them when we introduce ourselves is just what this needs to get off to a true SA start.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Blasphemaster
Jul 10, 2008

##vote
A. C.

Nice design on the murder cyborg weasel.

Blasphemaster
Jul 10, 2008

Not Alex posted:

That conversational vote progression was slick as hell. Bravo.

QFT. Very slick style you've got so far. I was all "WUT?...OH!"

## vote
C.
H.
J.

C is for caution.
H is for "Holy Hell! Do you gits survive off air scrubber leavings from the gymn or something?!"
J is for...help me out here, goons.

Blasphemaster
Jul 10, 2008

HBar posted:

1. A. A potential lifesaver, loyal to us without hating Ramadi, and the most interesting character.
2. E. The drone is useful, versatile, and has the potential to last a long time.
3. L. If Poole wanted us dead or captured, the Khaldean could have done that. Don't start this deal on the wrong foot.

This.

Blasphemaster
Jul 10, 2008

Does our droneymabob have any capabilities other than recon? Comms, graspers etc?

Blasphemaster
Jul 10, 2008

Xiphopagus posted:

Kamula K has a voice that gravel one day aspires to be.

I think we should have the drone do some quick room scanning to see if there's anything we can exploit as far as bursting pipes with our guns to provide a blinding mist, other distracting things, etc.

We don't have a gun, do we? We should probably let Kamula know this if so. If we don't have any respectable ranged weaponry, we should consider having Droney plug into the PA and blasts some Bar-Jen mating calls down the nearest corridor or something to distract the muscle.

Blasphemaster
Jul 10, 2008

A

H

"Your terms are quite generous! Unfortunately, there is the niggling issue that we know not what you may request of us, and would aspire to be prepared so that success would be more assured. If we were to reduce our asking price, to say 40, perhaps you could provide us with a contact who could provide paying tasks in the interim. I would not dare ask that we be contracted directly by those who employ you, or...whom you employ? You clearly run in circles of power. Were we available to complete contracted tasks valuable to you and yours, -of course through intermediaries and not so integral to your designs as not to risk a breach of the secrecy you require, we would both benefit? Your designs would be forwarded, and we would be both provided with paying work and more able to complete the future aforementioned contract required by the deal! What do you say?"

Blasphemaster
Jul 10, 2008

HBar posted:

On second thought, that doesn't really convey what needs to be said.

B+words. Normally it'd be better to do the deed ourselves, but this makes a nice illustration of the importance of maintaining friends.

Maybe I stink at writing speeches and what I put earlier doesn't sound like Kore, but here are some points to cover:
-gently caress you, you don't own me.
-Be grateful that I just saved your rear end from the death you nearly brought on yourself.
-The Bar-Yen were nearly right about you. I'm the only friend you have left, and you're making it really tempting not to be. Even your Khaldean errand boy hated your guts and wanted you dead. You don't treat your partners with respect, you withhold crucial need-to-know information, and you think you have the right to boss others around when you can't even handle your own poo poo much less anyone else's.
-Suppose I did kill them for you. What then? We'd have a better payday, sure, except we'd never be able to enjoy it because we'd be spending the rest of our shortened lives in hiding from every cartel hitman and bounty hunter in the quadrant. I only came here to save your rear end, not to get involved in a war you clearly have no plan to win beyond the first skirmish.
-So if you're not serious about taking on the cartel, I just gave you the graceful way out. If you are serious, it's a long-term project that's going to take a hell of a lot of intel and planning. We'd need to know them inside and out, what their strategic picture is, what internal divisions to exploit. We'd need friends on the inside, and I know for sure you don't have any right now. So if you've truly lost your mind and you want to do all that, I just lined up our first covert operation.

I like it.

##vote
Plan HBar
E

Blasphemaster
Jul 10, 2008

I. Throw your claws up in the air in frustration and tell Ramadi to decide. This decision has WAY more impact for her than for us. She better at least get us something to cover operating costs and find a good explanation for mission failure. Friends is friends but ducats is ducats. Don't make us choose!

Blasphemaster
Jul 10, 2008

##vote
A
E
G

Lpix.org was always reliable if you need alternate hosting.

Blasphemaster
Jul 10, 2008

C LOOT

Blasphemaster
Jul 10, 2008

A Lets go with the survival-savvy cyborg on this one.

Explosives. This is going to cause quite a stir. Would have thought most grenades in this kinda place would be incendiary or 'tiny charge to send out thousands of tiny loving needles that wont let in the loving water' types.

Blasphemaster
Jul 10, 2008

I. The bigwigs need to know the details. If someone is hiring goons who set off plasma grenades in this place, poo poo could get extra hosed, extra fast. Self preservation, and we might learn a thing or two.

Blasphemaster
Jul 10, 2008

It's more like letting the authorities know the details on the scrubs who dont think twice about blowing up everyone's house.

Blasphemaster
Jul 10, 2008

Don't know how to votw on this one. Sticky situation.

Not Alex posted:

I believe I've already sung the praises of your immersive dialog and conversational voting thingies, but I figure it's a good time to reiterate it. This is a unique gem of a CYOA and I can't wait to see where it goes.

This though. Your stuff is great.

Blasphemaster
Jul 10, 2008

B I K H
L - Storage compartment capable of holding a sidearm, KO grenade, emergency med supplies, what have you.
N - Buy Kamula something nice. Guy is indispensible.

Blasphemaster
Jul 10, 2008

E H

Ramadi can read the plans and such to us while relaying any additional info the awesome space russian weasel's sub finds.

Scuzzy on point, us in the center, Kamula brings up the rear.

Blasphemaster
Jul 10, 2008

Let's go with C.

Blasphemaster
Jul 10, 2008

E because EVERYTHING IS FINE.

Blasphemaster
Jul 10, 2008

A K

Do a slip'n'slide and rebound off the coolant thing. It attacked last time we bumped into something, could work to freeze it or something. Then we GTFO.

Blasphemaster
Jul 10, 2008

A C

Have Scuzzy keep datamining while we leg it. While we're at it see if it can tap into a security camera to keep an eye on murderorb. The team heads back to the bus, and Scuzzy keeps mining until all interesting leads are exhausted. If the orb so much as shivers, Scuzzy heads home at best speed. Freefall through the access shaft we used to get here and hit repulsors halfway down to slow down in time to not crash ifit can. If we can't keep an eye on the orb, ALL GTFO full stop.

Blasphemaster
Jul 10, 2008

BC
Damsel in distress, big payday, good times.

Blasphemaster
Jul 10, 2008

CDF

I was pretty sure we were going to run into a potential same species love interest, but this is gold.

Break down in tears and go "YOU'RE STILL ALIVE ALL IS WELL IN THE UNIVERSE oh poo poo we should run before murderball wakes up but still YAYYYY WE'RE TOGETHER AGAIN hey why arent you cyborgey like me that was some serious poo poo that went down OMG MY FEELS-" all in a single breath then we hyperventilate just a little bit.

This could be seriously amusing is my point. Plus. Let's get Reeg laid. Cmon. Dude's seen some poo poo.

Blasphemaster
Jul 10, 2008

Lazaruise posted:

D Scuzzy is replaceable if sentimental, Kamula is not, lets make sure he makes it.

Yup.

Blasphemaster
Jul 10, 2008

Not Alex posted:

B E I J M O P Q V X- Visor display for visual overlays.

B Imagine having crazy liquid metal for arms

EIJMOPQ Awesome stealth drone with great sensors and hacking plus a laser surprise

V Please vote for this. I want a lair. The sub doesnt have room for the really fun toys.

X Let's not make our eyes vulnerable to emp. Just get a visor for our drone feeds.

Exactly this. Scuzzy MKII is our stealthy tech spy. We can get second drone later if we decide we need more combat capabilities.

Blasphemaster
Jul 10, 2008

D F

RELAX DAMMIT!

Blasphemaster
Jul 10, 2008

A E

Blasphemaster
Jul 10, 2008

B E

The illustration is great, but showing us a 3rd person view of the opposition is unusual at this point. I prefer to go into ops blind if we're sticking to Reeg as our character to keep things interesting.

If we're a secret space immortal and he's the Ramirez to our McCleod though, could work...

Blasphemaster
Jul 10, 2008

Guys, it was to be Wuzzy or we can't set up a silly song with a history.

Plan Arkanomen

Blasphemaster
Jul 10, 2008

A + D
Shoot his ship to bits as he's coming out of the debris field.

Blasphemaster
Jul 10, 2008

Green Intern posted:

All I can see in this image is a smiley face on Tone's snout.

E. In The Sea Killers they baited the worms into defending their homes with some light torpedo fire down a few of the caves. Then when the beasts attacked, they used the rampaging horde as cover to make their escape!

This on both counts. Sounds a bit like the Asteroid scene in Empire, bit the worm tries to crunch the bad guys.

Blasphemaster
Jul 10, 2008

drat man, take all the time you need. Hope everything's ok with your kid.

Blasphemaster
Jul 10, 2008

D costs less than C presumably, and we get an in with these creeps, be it on the down low. Let's not trust the cargo's movie logic too much.

Blasphemaster
Jul 10, 2008

I gotta wonder though if C or D would work anyway, since we don't know how much these guys are getting paid, if their 'honor' would allow bribery to cut and run or fight each other on a mission or whatever.

Changing vote to A/E. We do the trickery with the added bonus of broadcasting a thanks to Yngado for accepting our bribe. Good times ensue.

Blasphemaster
Jul 10, 2008

I wanna trade in my 5 non-Tone votes and go for a full 6 O goddamnit O. Don't get Tone killed you heartless bastards!

Blasphemaster
Jul 10, 2008

Outrail posted:

B then D

Take out the main threat then make everyone uncertain. Uncertainty is good.

Works for me. Killing heavy gun > leaving gun there for someone else to use if we get the gunner.

Blasphemaster
Jul 10, 2008

B "Talk to the hand."

Blasphemaster
Jul 10, 2008

NastyToes posted:

D
Protect the paycheck! The sniper doesn't have a reason to shoot anyone else. Probably.

Yeah let's do that. We're overdue for a tragic something something maiming/last words scene anyway if we gently caress it up.

Blasphemaster
Jul 10, 2008

We should probably start a list of People Who Want Us Dead at some point, and get to trimming it. We stay solvent by hocking all their poo poo at ridiculously reasonable prices to bushy-tailed bright eyed youngster outlaws and thus also begin building a power base of People Who Owe Us.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Blasphemaster
Jul 10, 2008

HBar posted:

D
Works great until one of the youngster's goons punches our teeth out.

Small risks.

«4 »